Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2010

Dr. Barba is a great doctor...he's thorough and empathetic. I first came to him after a car accident in which I suffered a back injury. I've been his patient for nearly 5 years. Although I've opted for physical therapy and minimal pain meds (non narcotic), Dr. Barba did offer to prescribe them for me since they were appropriate for my condition. I would question anyone's review who mentioned they were "doctor shopping" but that they had to find a different doc because Dr. Barba wouldn't prescribe them the pain meds they wanted. Prescription drug abuse is all too prevalent and I applaud any doctor for using discretion when prescribing narcotics.

|  show details
by C & JB on Aug 5th, 2010

Dr. Barba and nurse-practitioner Tracey are extremely compassionate and caring. Have been with this office since he took over from the previous physician. Every time I need to be seen, I am able to get right in. The office is also great at managing refills, too.Dr. Barba and Tracey have been there for my family when we needed them, providing knowledgable medical care. Referrals to specialized care is given when also required. All-in-all, our family is very happy placing our medical care in Dr. Barba's hands. Would highly recommend!

|  BA  |  show details
by BA on May 11th, 2010

I found Dr. Barba to be very easy to talk with and very kind, considerate and thorough in dealing with my various medical problems.

|  Barba  |  show details
by TWS on Aug 12th, 2009

I was a long time patient at this location and saw Dr. Rice for some time. When Dr. Rice, Barba took over his practice. In my personal opinion, I found Dr, Barba hard to talk to. On a 1-10 range I rate his bed side manner and empathy for his patients as a 3. I was recently discharged by him as a patient, for incorrect and unfounded reasoning. But it all worked out for the better, as I was "Doctor Shopping" at that time anyhow, as I had enough of his attitude and again lack of empathy.

|  Poor unserstanding in the treatment of menatl disorders....  |  show details
by TWS on Jun 5th, 2009

I have never had more trouble with any doctor than Barba. He has no empathy towards his patients he percieves as less than himself. I suffer from GAD and back problems. Trying to obtain meds for these problems. He seems to intentionally go out of his way to give me grief. I think it may be time for a new doctor.....as a patient I do not need nor have to take this from my doctor.