Dr. Peter Basta, MD
Neurological Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  triple cervical spine fusion  |  show details
by Cathy Griffith on Feb 18th, 2014

Last July I under went a cervical spinal fusion with bone graft. Dr. Bast a and his staff were amazing and I can't tell you how much confidence I have in them. I was treated with a complete and caring manner. I was confident in his skill both pre op diagnosis and surgical skills. My quality of life has greatly improved and can't thank them enough.

|  Awesome!  |  show details
by Teddy Hall on Jan 25th, 2014

I 1st saw Dr. Basta in late 2007 for a non-cancerous tumor behind my left eye causing blindness in that eye. He came recommended by one of original members of the practice who has sense retired. Dr. Basta reviewed an MRI disc I brought to him. He spent a long time with my husband & I discussing the MRI results & his thoughts on what I should do. Very outgoing Dr. great personality & interest in his patients! Upon his advice I had surgery on the left side of my brain to remove the tumor. When Dr. Basta talked to my family he told them the tumor was about the size of a ping-pong ball & by removing it it probably saved me from having a stroke. Unfortunately I spent approximately 25 days unconscious in the ICU Dr. Basta came every day & monitored me. He & my husband were in contact @ any given time Dr. Basta gave my husband his cell phone number & told him to call any time. During my time in ICU my brain began to swell Dr. Basta put a shunt in on the right side to drain the fluid. Once I was discharged & had a couple follow-up vists he released me. He wanted to continue to follow me to watch for other tumors that might develop I was to have an MRI once a year & see him. 2009-2011 everything was fine. "I'll see you in a year take care." He said after visiting with my husband & I on a professional level as well as personal. His interest is not only medical but the well-being of his patients & their families. 2012 came I had an MRI & a visit with him. This year more non-cancerous tumors had developed near the right eye. This time it didn't take either one of us long to decide on surgery which was necessary to save the good vision I have in my right eye. This time I had the surgery on a Wednesday went to iCU once again Dr. Basta saw me every day. I did very well this time! I wad discharged on Sunday along the way I quit smoking! We're back to our annual visits. Now he is following my Carpal Tunnel in my left hand. We'll be scheduling surgery before long. When his awesome nurse, & first operating room adsistant Lisa calls we'll pick a date & time probably a Monday. Dr. Basta & his nurse Lisa are awesome care givers!

|  Good Doc  |  show details
by al & marsha webb on Nov 20th, 2013

Excellent surgical care. As Jehovah's Witnesses we were very please with Dr Basta's non-judgmental and co-operative care in a time of fear & crisis. Our follow-up visit was informative, non-rushed and friendly. Definitely would recommend to Dr Basta to others.