Dr. Peter Basta MD Patient Reviews

• 13 reviews

April 25th, 2016
Back Pain
DR. Basta is a very polite, get all the information needed to make an accurate diagnosis. He leaves no stone unturned in getting to the root of the problem. I would recommend everyone that I know to go to this doctor for help.

January 28th, 2016
Wonderful doctor...Dr. Basta explains everything in common words that anyone could understand. Truly cares about you as a patient and as a person. Wish all doctors could be like Dr. Basta!

December 29th, 2015
Great Experience with Dr. Basta
My pain management specialist referred me to Dr. Basta to see if surgery might ease my sciatica pain. After reviewing my MRI results, Dr. Basta explained that my bulging L4 did not appear to require a surgical fix because it simply wasn't bad enough. He produced a plastic model of the lower spine, and demonstrated where my pain might originate from, and suggested other possible pain relief avenues to explore. He even wrote them down for me to research on my own, and said he would also send the information to my pain specialist. I was very impressed with Dr. Basta's integrity and his willingness to spend so much time with me, even though I wasn't going to be a surgical prospect. My visit with Dr. Basta was thoroughly enjoyable, and should I ever require spinal surgery, he would be my first choice, as he has won my complete confidence.

December 11th, 2015
Dr Basta, is by far, one of the best doctors I have ever encountered. He could be very conceited and above it all but he treats each patient like they are the most important people in the world. I have overheard consultations with other patients so I know I am not the only one who feels this way. He would be highly recommended by me to anyone in need of a good surgeon with his expertise.

December 9th, 2015
Dr Basta is probably the best doctor I've ever seen! He has the best bed side manner of any doctor and his nurse Lisa is wonderful! I believe he genuinely wants to help his patients feel better. I would recommend him to anyone! Go see him, trust me you won't be sorry!

December 8th, 2015
Everyone was wonderful to work with. I would suggest to anyone needing this type of service to set up an appointment with Dr. Basta.

November 8th, 2015
My visit was one of the best I've had. All the staff and Dr. Basta were courteous and answered all my questions. My toal wait time was short, probably about 10-13 minutes. I was in and out of the office in less than an hour.

October 23rd, 2015
Dr. Peter Basta and staff-Super amazing
Dr. Basta is absolutely an amazing physician and very knowledgeable. I wouldn't trust any other physician to take care of me. He performed my cervical fusion. He explained everything to my husband and I in detail and took the time to answer all of our questions and reassure us. He never seemed rushed or distracted. His nurse, Lisa is equally as wonderful. She made a point to follow up with me on multiple occasions to make sure I didn't need anything from her or Dr. Basta and answer any additional questions I had. His office staff is very kind. I highly recommend Dr. Basta!!!

August 9th, 2015
bad results
I had anterior lumbar fusion l5-s1 with plate & screws 1 1/2 yrs ago. i was great for a month until i woke up one morning in severe back pain with extremely swollen red legs & feet. i notified the office & they said to wait 2 weeks for my scheduled appointment. Dr Basta said something probably slipped & there was nothing more he could do so to go to a pain clinic. The steroid shots they have given have made me worse. My family told me he said he had not done this type of surgery much. if i had known i would not have allowed him to do mine. i am still in horrible pain each day.

July 10th, 2015
HE WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE WRITTEN A LETTER TO MY FAMILY PHYSICIAN ABOUT MY VISIT AND HIS OPINION ON DIAGNOSIS AND DID NOT FOLLOW THROUGH

April 25th, 2015
Exceptional Physician
In 2012, my daughter was in a very severe accident. 3 month in a coma and we were told that she would never be more than a vegetable. With a broken C2 and C3, and major shearing of both hemispheres , everybody seemed to have given up on her but Dr. Basta. I will never forget his words which made me fight for my daughters life. Today she has recovered to a 90 % functional in all aspects. She beat all odds and is not a vegetable. Since then Dr . Basta has gone beyond duty ea time we had to go to the hospital. He takes time to listen , is polite, straight up, friendly and his staff is very accommodating and friendly as well. In our eyes he is a genius in his field.

January 25th, 2014
Awesome!
I 1st saw Dr. Basta in late 2007 for a non-cancerous tumor behind my left eye causing blindness in that eye. He came recommended by one of original members of the practice who has sense retired. Dr. Basta reviewed an MRI disc I brought to him. He spent a long time with my husband & I discussing the MRI results & his thoughts on what I should do. Very outgoing Dr. great personality & interest in his patients! Upon his advice I had surgery on the left side of my brain to remove the tumor. When Dr. Basta talked to my family he told them the tumor was about the size of a ping-pong ball & by removing it it probably saved me from having a stroke. Unfortunately I spent approximately 25 days unconscious in the ICU Dr. Basta came every day & monitored me. He & my husband were in contact @ any given time Dr. Basta gave my husband his cell phone number & told him to call any time. During my time in ICU my brain began to swell Dr. Basta put a shunt in on the right side to drain the fluid. Once I was discharged & had a couple follow-up vists he released me. He wanted to continue to follow me to watch for other tumors that might develop I was to have an MRI once a year & see him. 2009-2011 everything was fine. "I'll see you in a year take care." He said after visiting with my husband & I on a professional level as well as personal. His interest is not only medical but the well-being of his patients & their families. 2012 came I had an MRI & a visit with him. This year more non-cancerous tumors had developed near the right eye. This time it didn't take either one of us long to decide on surgery which was necessary to save the good vision I have in my right eye. This time I had the surgery on a Wednesday went to iCU once again Dr. Basta saw me every day. I did very well this time! I wad discharged on Sunday along the way I quit smoking! We're back to our annual visits. Now he is following my Carpal Tunnel in my left hand. We'll be scheduling surgery before long. When his awesome nurse, & first operating room adsistant Lisa calls we'll pick a date & time probably a Monday. Dr. Basta & his nurse Lisa are awesome care givers!