Dr. Peter Basta, MD
Neurological Surgeon

bad results show details bad results
Aug 9th, 2015

I had anterior lumbar fusion l5-s1 with plate & screws 1 1/2 yrs ago. i was great for a month until i woke up one morning in severe back pain with extremely swollen red legs & feet. i notified the office & they said to wait 2 weeks for my scheduled appointment. Dr Basta said something probably slipped & there was nothing more he could do so to go to a pain clinic. The steroid shots they have given have made me worse. My family told me he said he had not done this type of surgery much. if i had known i would not have allowed him to do mine. i am still in horrible pain each day.

by LINDA PLUMLEY on Jul 10th, 2015

HE WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE WRITTEN A LETTER TO MY FAMILY PHYSICIAN ABOUT MY VISIT AND HIS OPINION ON DIAGNOSIS AND DID NOT FOLLOW THROUGH

Exceptional Physician show details Exceptional Physician
by Natalia Keller & Bonnie Jansen on Apr 25th, 2015

In 2012, my daughter was in a very severe accident. 3 month in a coma and we were told that she would never be more than a vegetable. With a broken C2 and C3, and major shearing of both hemispheres , everybody seemed to have given up on her but Dr. Basta. I will never forget his words which made me fight for my daughters life. Today she has recovered to a 90 % functional in all aspects. She beat all odds and is not a vegetable. Since then Dr . Basta has gone beyond duty ea time we had to go to the hospital. He takes time to listen , is polite, straight up, friendly and his staff is very accommodating and friendly as well. In our eyes he is a genius in his field.

triple cervical spine fusion show details triple cervical spine fusion
by Cathy Griffith on Feb 18th, 2014

Last July I under went a cervical spinal fusion with bone graft. Dr. Bast a and his staff were amazing and I can't tell you how much confidence I have in them. I was treated with a complete and caring manner. I was confident in his skill both pre op diagnosis and surgical skills. My quality of life has greatly improved and can't thank them enough.

Awesome! show details Awesome!
by Teddy Hall on Jan 25th, 2014

I 1st saw Dr. Basta in late 2007 for a non-cancerous tumor behind my left eye causing blindness in that eye. He came recommended by one of original members of the practice who has sense retired. Dr. Basta reviewed an MRI disc I brought to him. He spent a long time with my husband & I discussing the MRI results & his thoughts on what I should do. Very outgoing Dr. great personality & interest in his patients! Upon his advice I had surgery on the left side of my brain to remove the tumor. When Dr. Basta talked to my family he told them the tumor was about the size of a ping-pong ball & by removing it it probably saved me from having a stroke. Unfortunately I spent approximately 25 days unconscious in the ICU Dr. Basta came every day & monitored me. He & my husband were in contact @ any given time Dr. Basta gave my husband his cell phone number & told him to call any time. During my time in ICU my brain began to swell Dr. Basta put a shunt in on the right side to drain the fluid. Once I was discharged & had a couple follow-up vists he released me. He wanted to continue to follow me to watch for other tumors that might develop I was to have an MRI once a year & see him. 2009-2011 everything was fine. "I'll see you in a year take care." He said after visiting with my husband & I on a professional level as well as personal. His interest is not only medical but the well-being of his patients & their families. 2012 came I had an MRI & a visit with him. This year more non-cancerous tumors had developed near the right eye. This time it didn't take either one of us long to decide on surgery which was necessary to save the good vision I have in my right eye. This time I had the surgery on a Wednesday went to iCU once again Dr. Basta saw me every day. I did very well this time! I wad discharged on Sunday along the way I quit smoking! We're back to our annual visits. Now he is following my Carpal Tunnel in my left hand. We'll be scheduling surgery before long. When his awesome nurse, & first operating room adsistant Lisa calls we'll pick a date & time probably a Monday. Dr. Basta & his nurse Lisa are awesome care givers!

Good Doc show details Good Doc
by al & marsha webb on Nov 20th, 2013

Excellent surgical care. As Jehovah's Witnesses we were very please with Dr Basta's non-judgmental and co-operative care in a time of fear & crisis. Our follow-up visit was informative, non-rushed and friendly. Definitely would recommend to Dr Basta to others.