Dr. Peter Basta MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Kansas City, MO

no change

February 1st, 2017
A great Doctor and perrsonable.
He takes care of me as if I was his own family.

January 31st, 2017
Very impressed with Dr. Basta's knowledge and how well he explained my medical condition. Options in treating my condition were very well explained so I may make an informed decision. At no time did I feel Dr. Basta was rushing or eager to get my visit over. He took the time to listen and answer questions, and also spent time with conversation of personal interests.

January 7th, 2017
Top Notch
Great bedside manner. Down to earth. Extremely comprehensive explanations and information given. Listens, and covers all areas of concern. Spends more than adequate time with patients during appointment appointments. Thorough, skilled, professional whom I would very highly recommend.

April 25th, 2016
Back Pain
DR. Basta is a very polite, get all the information needed to make an accurate diagnosis. He leaves no stone unturned in getting to the root of the problem. I would recommend everyone that I know to go to this doctor for help.

January 28th, 2016
Wonderful doctor...Dr. Basta explains everything in common words that anyone could understand. Truly cares about you as a patient and as a person. Wish all doctors could be like Dr. Basta!

December 29th, 2015
Great Experience with Dr. Basta
My pain management specialist referred me to Dr. Basta to see if surgery might ease my sciatica pain. After reviewing my MRI results, Dr. Basta explained that my bulging L4 did not appear to require a surgical fix because it simply wasn't bad enough. He produced a plastic model of the lower spine, and demonstrated where my pain might originate from, and suggested other possible pain relief avenues to explore. He even wrote them down for me to research on my own, and said he would also send the information to my pain specialist. I was very impressed with Dr. Basta's integrity and his willingness to spend so much time with me, even though I wasn't going to be a surgical prospect. My visit with Dr. Basta was thoroughly enjoyable, and should I ever require spinal surgery, he would be my first choice, as he has won my complete confidence.

December 11th, 2015
Dr Basta, is by far, one of the best doctors I have ever encountered. He could be very conceited and above it all but he treats each patient like they are the most important people in the world. I have overheard consultations with other patients so I know I am not the only one who feels this way. He would be highly recommended by me to anyone in need of a good surgeon with his expertise.

December 9th, 2015
Dr Basta is probably the best doctor I've ever seen! He has the best bed side manner of any doctor and his nurse Lisa is wonderful! I believe he genuinely wants to help his patients feel better. I would recommend him to anyone! Go see him, trust me you won't be sorry!

December 8th, 2015
Everyone was wonderful to work with. I would suggest to anyone needing this type of service to set up an appointment with Dr. Basta.

November 8th, 2015
My visit was one of the best I've had. All the staff and Dr. Basta were courteous and answered all my questions. My toal wait time was short, probably about 10-13 minutes. I was in and out of the office in less than an hour.

October 23rd, 2015
Dr. Peter Basta and staff-Super amazing
Dr. Basta is absolutely an amazing physician and very knowledgeable. I wouldn't trust any other physician to take care of me. He performed my cervical fusion. He explained everything to my husband and I in detail and took the time to answer all of our questions and reassure us. He never seemed rushed or distracted. His nurse, Lisa is equally as wonderful. She made a point to follow up with me on multiple occasions to make sure I didn't need anything from her or Dr. Basta and answer any additional questions I had. His office staff is very kind. I highly recommend Dr. Basta!!!

August 9th, 2015
bad results
I had anterior lumbar fusion l5-s1 with plate & screws 1 1/2 yrs ago. i was great for a month until i woke up one morning in severe back pain with extremely swollen red legs & feet. i notified the office & they said to wait 2 weeks for my scheduled appointment. Dr Basta said something probably slipped & there was nothing more he could do so to go to a pain clinic. The steroid shots they have given have made me worse. My family told me he said he had not done this type of surgery much. if i had known i would not have allowed him to do mine. i am still in horrible pain each day.