Dr. Peter Bentivegna MD Patient Reviews

3.9

October 14th, 2015
The best experience with Cape Cod doctors so far
I came with a swollen joint on my hand. Dr Bentivegna seemed very knowledgeable in diagnostic, but he and his stuff also helped me a lot when I needed to follow up with rheumatologist -- I could not get one! Cape Cod medical care is bizarre to say the least and they don't make it easy when you need to see a specialist. No matter what insurance you have. This office did everything to help me.

September 14th, 2015
I thought he was very rude, horrific "bedside manner" and no compassion at all. Would not advise anyone to go to him.

July 31st, 2015
the Doctor was very good , nurses were great, his office manager was rude ,offensive very nasty attitude , tried to override my Harvard Pilgrim Insurance by blackmailing me into false charges the got extremely upset with me when I hand the insurance company handle the matter , this man needs to be fired before the doctor loses his patients !!!! luckily I paid attention , what happens to the elderly that aren't aware of what this guy is doing, he then wouldn't allow me to be seen for my post op appointment 2 weeks after surgery because I owed $150.00 then when I got upset I got kicked out of the office and not to return ever again , nice practice !!!!

July 12th, 2013
Good choice.
I found this physician to be very experienced, knowledgeable and personable. From start to finish, the entire visit was an easy, informative, low-stress experience. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

June 25th, 2013
his experience is only to make $$$
don't think he is interested in seeing you, only your wallet.

February 14th, 2013
DO NOT GO TO THIS PROVIDER!
This office if filled with rude and inconsiderate staff, much less the physician himself. They provide false information to you over the phone so that when you arrive for your appointment, their paperwork does not match what comes out of their mouth. They cross out statements on their instructional paperwork, then, hold you accountable when you did not follow their directions when you arrive for your appointment. They blame you when you do not get a preoperative lab test they want, but they failed to give you the paperwork to have the test done. They say they have called you, when they don't then they flat out lie saying they did. Phone records do not lie. They write prescriptions that a pharmacy will not fill because they don't even write a strength. They recommend surgical procedures that in fact are not necessary. The Dr. is a contractual provider on insurance plans sure, but the surgical center where he is the "Medical Director" and he conducts his unnecessary procedures is not so they can charge you whatever they want and are not limited by contractual cost constraints. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR, YOU WILL MOST CERTAINLY REGRET IT!!!

June 20th, 2012
Gross misdiagnosis
After breaking my wrist 4 years ago, it was still very sore. The pain was inconsistent, and I had a bump on my wrist. After doing x-rays in his office, Dr Bentivegna told me it it was due to a ganglia cyst, and he could aspirate it if it continued to bother me. I decided not to, but as time went on, the pain has gotten more consistent, and much worse. At the urging of a friend, I went to see a hand specialist in Boston. He told me that my radius has a 30 degree variance from where it should be and is shorter than my ulna. I now have to have my radius rebroken, set with a plate and screws, and donor bone added to increase the length. How could a so called hand surgeon miss this? on the upside, his office staff is wonderful, and his office is very clean.