Dr. Peter Bernad MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

June 15th, 2016
Great neurologist!
Dr. Bernad is generally late, but that is because he spends a lot of time with patients getting to know their medical condition and lifestyle factors that might affect their condition. Very personable and caring, and wants to get to the bottom of your condition, not just prescribe pills to mask the symptoms.

January 21st, 2016
Bad Dream
I feel like I just woke up from a terrible nightmare...which is ironic, because I was seeing Dr. Bernad about my sleep disorder! I can't even begin to write a coherent review, as I am shaking with both rage and fear. So I'm just going to make a list (you'll know I'm not a bot like the 5 star reviewers with their multiple !!! and perfectly capitalized "Neurologist") 1. Front desk staff are abrupt and didn't have information they should have received about my referral. I was told I would not be seen without my written referral although I was never instructed to bring it and my copy specifically says they were also mailed the authorization. They also tried to charge me a co-pay which was not required of me even after resolving the paperwork issue. 2. Patients were being counseled in the waiting room. It took all of my self-control to not overhear the woman who is "glad she found out in time" so she can "make preparations". That doesn't seem like a compassionate place to have that kind of conversation. 3. My appointment was at 3, I left at 5. 4. The facility was outdated and cluttered...at best. 5. The doctor spent 2 minutes commenting on my reading material and my name (trust me, it's unremarkable). He spent 3 minutes being confused about my patient history, mostly getting hung up on the fact that my sleep study was not conducted in the last place that I lived. He spent 5 minutes taking a phone call. 10 minutes showing me around his "sleep clinic". And 5 minutes refilling my prescription (which I had expressed wasn't working) and offering me another drug (which I had already given reason for refusing). 6. Abruptly, he walked out of the room asking me to follow and was around the corner before I could cross the threshold. He then left the appointment without saying goodbye or shaking my hand, leaving me at the front desk without my belongings which we left in the exam room. 7. He boasted about the three different themed sleep study rooms, and the kitchen, and the shower (for your comfort) and the 3 different rooms, and the small kitchen, and the shower (for your comfort). Also each room is a different theme and each one has a TEDDY BEAR (for your comfort). I'll let you just conside that one.... 8. There are people in lab coats milling about everywhere and I'm not sure exactly where they fit in, but as he was discussing my prescription choices IN THE HALLWAY...there were three of them there unabashedly drinking in every word we said without ever having been introduced or asked to participate. 9. On the subject of HIPAA violations, I think there were several. The most awkward was when he was giving me the "grand tour" of the sleep clinic and walked straight into a room with a patient sitting on the bed speaking to another tech, student, assistant??? She looked at us like a deer in headlights and Dr. Bernad was like "AND THIS IS OUR DREAM ROOM and THIS LADY is here for a C-PAP" Ok, thanks for the info....not sure why I'm on this tour as you have my history, results of my previous sleep study and you haven't even taken the time to ask me what I'm doing here. The only silver lining of the experience was his assistant (resident, student???) who had excellent bedside manner and actually listened and responded appropriately to my responses and concerns. I'm not sure if my insurance company will authorize a change of provider, but I am never returning to that office for anything and certainly not for a sleep study. THERE'S A TEDDY BEAR ON EVERY BED! FOR YOUR COMFORT...

December 8th, 2015
Went to his office with only honorable intentions of finding treatment for pain, Gave an honest and open past history and in my presence told his assistant "they come in here and give you some story", only after checking my past doc. did he treat me with any respect as a patient. treated me like a criminal and gave me a referral to doctors who didn't know him at all. AVOID IF YOU CAN!!!

August 19th, 2015
he asked a lot of irrelevant questions and also asked a lot about my personal life. The doctor wears a dirty white apron, the office doesn't seem sparkling clean either.

February 5th, 2015
A defining horrific experience of my life. I am traumatized.

December 26th, 2014
Doc is infatuated with himself & doesn't listen/hear patient well
The docs ego is enormous. Can handle simple problems but not complex or difficult ones.

July 2nd, 2014
Long Waits and lots of tests
my average wait for my appointments with him were between 45 minutes and and 1.5 hours. Very frustrating for someone who arrives 15 minutes early as a courtesy. The last time I had and appointment with him I left without seeing him and haven't gone back, so I don't know what the results were of all those tests.

February 23rd, 2014
Terrible!!!
Had two of his students examine me while checked on another patient. Discusses your medical hx and problems loudly so that others outside the room can hear. I felt embarassed. No followup.

January 31st, 2014
Horrible visit: doctor focuses on prescribing a sleep study when the patient came in for pain. Recommended an MRI, desk clerk provided locations of imaging centers. After wasting time and effort to schedule an MRI appointment, it was determined that the prescriptions should be performed by a neurologist of which he claims to be. The prescriptions provided to the patient were poorly written and were for studies that support brain imaging which was never mentioned in the office visit of which was conducted by a University student. Do not waste your time visiting this "doctor". I would give a much lower score if possible.

January 25th, 2014
Seeking help from Dr. Bernad was one of the most disappointing experiences I have ever had with a doctor in my life. I went to get help in diagnosing my probable multiple sclerosis. Two interns came in and conducted an exam and after that Dr Bernad came in with the interns asked them what they thought, they said probable M.S. He then started speaking to my husband and asking him questions about me as if I wasn't even there. He asked me a few questions, then told me that he can't help me today with any medication for pain until he can figure out what my diagnosis is. Walking out upset and disappointed, my husband told me to give him a chance, so I went to every test he wrote scripts for. Came back 2 weeks later expecting some help. Well, I was wrong for thinking he was going to help me. He did the same thing as before, talked to my husband the majority of my visit. Told me I had lesions in my brain, but couldn't tell me why or what it means. I asked how many lesions do I have and what part of the brain are they in. He said, well you have one here and here, you've got them all over, ha ha ha. He actually made a joke about how many lesions I had. So after that he said, we will take care of you, don't worry. He sent me for 5 more tests, including 2 sleep studies. And after doing all that and seeing him 4 times, he still never diagnosed me. I spent all that time seeing him and going for test after test for absolutely nothing! My advice is don't waste your time. All he wants is money for his Capital Sleep Center, that he owns! Dr. Bernad is a heartless, unfeeling dr that should not be a neurologist, he should be a sleep study dr. Don't waste your time,please.

January 16th, 2014
Dr. Bernad helped my wife and me! My wife has suffered from insomnia throughout our 14 year marriage!! Dr. Bernad conducted a sleep study on my wife. Dr. Bernad discovered that my wife needed a c-pak! We were about to move because of my job but Dr. Bernad came to the rescue!!! Dr. Bernad was able to provide my wife with what she needed! My wife no longer takes ambien or sonata. She has more energy than the energizer bunny!!! Thank you Dr. Bernad!! There were times I had to take my wife to his office. Dr. Bernad's office was always beyond clean. His staff was professional and friendly to my wife and me. I am forever grateful to Dr. Bernad! Dr. Bernad offered me a beverage. I accepted. Dr. Bernad is the only doctor to ever offer me a beverage! Dr. Bernad is terrific!!!

December 29th, 2013
Dr. Bernad is the BEST!! His staff is professional and friendly. I especially thought Jesica and Lou were really nice. It was so easy to make an appointment. Sometimes, I had to change the time or date of my appointment and he and his staff were able to do easily do this for me!! For the two years I saw Dr. Bernad along with other doctors, the wait time in his immaculate office was less than 10 minutes. I always felt very comfortable and welcome with Dr. Bernad. Dr. Bernad always answered my questions! Dr. Bernad is my favorite doctor! I would highly recommend Dr.Bernad!!!! He is the best!!!