OUTSTANDING PROFESSIONAL CARE show details OUTSTANDING PROFESSIONAL CARE
by Dr. Follain-Grisell on Apr 2nd, 2015

I've been a patient there for a number of years. This is the most personable group practice I have even known. My only wait time is when I show up early for an appointment. If I could rate a zero wait time I WOULD. The professional and support staff are always eager to meet my needs and take the time to let the "conversation/issues" evolve. I have recommended this practice and Dr. Blaes specifically many times without reservation.

Receptionist needs to go!!!!! show details Receptionist needs to go!!!!!
Mar 24th, 2015

The receptionist is absolutely horrible. I stayed because I was in crisis and thought Dr. Blaes was helping. But honestly, the receptionist's cold manipulative behavior is simply not even worth the best of care! (Dr. Blaes is fine, but not the best, so definitely not worth continuing to deal with her). She has gotten my appointments wrong on multiple occasions (Dr. Blaes is no help in these circumstances, which is horrible on his part), and anytime I ask her a question (whether over the phone or in person), she is beyond rude! Acts as though I am "bothering" her for doing her job! Absolutely ridiculous. In addition, I've had issues with billing a number of times, but again she is absolutely no help and clearly bothered by my asking questions about issues that she's caused! I know they use a billing company, but SHE passes the info on to them. Bottom line, she is unprofessional, unkind, and beyond incompetent. I am sure I am not the only one with issues with her. Hopefully they will finally get rid of her. If not, I will definitely be finding a new psychiatrist!

He listens. show details He listens.
Mar 13th, 2014

Dr. Blaes has the mix of good clinical assessment skills, and allowing his patients to set the direction of their medically based psychiatric treatment. I have been seeing him for 5 years, and any changes to my medications come only after all the options have been discussed.

Rude doc, suboptimal care show details Rude doc, suboptimal care
Jan 3rd, 2014

Doc is impatient, rude, egotistical, condescending, and argumentative. These are traits that are ill suited to a psychiatrist. Prescribes meds while providing little or no information on side effects or long term potential for addiction. His methodology for making assessments to make a diagnosis lacks rigorous diagnostic criteria. But he does accept insurance, which puts him in a unique category of generosity relative to many Washington area psychiatrists, who do not accept insurance. But there are others who do in this area so I would recommend attempting to see them before subjecting yourself to the sub-optimal care that this physician provides.

Looking for psych meds, you're at the right place show details Looking for psych meds, you're at the right place
by Prescription overkill on Aug 13th, 2013

When I first started three years ago or so, they had the most horrible receptionist. Now they are staffed with nice, warm people. As far as dr. Blaes, I feel more prescription dependent than I ever have. Not a great feeling to be numb or constantly having medication after another thrown at you and yet you're no better than you started. Maybe I should have discovered this sooner but when I started talking to others about their psychiatrist, it blew me away with the things they said. That's when I had to re-evaluate my situation. He is a nice person but when you are at a crisis mode, don't look for his help in any way. He makes you feel crazy and bothersome. I'm looking into new doctors now because I need to get off all these pills. There has to be an alternative.

Excellent psyopharmacologist show details Excellent psyopharmacologist
Sep 2nd, 2012

he is caring, relates well to patient, realistic approach to problem solutions, excellent "bedside" manner

Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
Jul 23rd, 2012

If you are looking for a psychiatrist who will not pump you full on drugs, this is the man. Dr. Blaes listens and accepts your input and concern as both a patient and a person. I have seen this doctor for nine years and he has always out shined any other doctor I have seen.

Dr Blaes is a caring and compassionate psychiatrist. show details Dr Blaes is a caring and compassionate psychiatrist.
Jan 20th, 2012

He guides the patient toward self understanding, and self solutions toward the patient's issues.

Wonderful Psychiatrist show details Wonderful Psychiatrist
Aug 27th, 2011

Accurate, compassionate, and very intelligent.Highly recommended.Peter K.

Excellent Doctor! show details Excellent Doctor!
May 15th, 2011

Has a great ability to cut to the heart of the problem as treat it. Results oriented. Know his business well. He has really helped me. .

Avoid this doctor show details Avoid this doctor
Mar 10th, 2011

Rude staff. Unreliable.

Dr Blaes Review show details Dr Blaes Review
by Julie M at Insider Pages on May 17th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Was a patient of Dr Blaes for several years, and during that time missedcancelled 3 appts, and out of the blue he fired me, telling me that...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Mixed review show details Mixed review
Nov 21st, 2009

Mixed review. A shrink that shows less compassion and more confrontational demeanor than would seem beneficial for the patient. Makes diagnosis based on little data. Recommended prescription anti anxiety med when true problem was too much caffeine...excess anxiety stopped once caffeine intake reduced. Luckily I did not take the Xanax before I figured this out. good things include rapid response callbacks and great head if he had asked me about caffeine intake that could have been avoided. receptionist and paperwork processing. Mixed bag.