Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  He listens.  |  show details
Mar 13th, 2014

Dr. Blaes has the mix of good clinical assessment skills, and allowing his patients to set the direction of their medically based psychiatric treatment. I have been seeing him for 5 years, and any changes to my medications come only after all the options have been discussed.

|  Rude doc, suboptimal care  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2014

Doc is impatient, rude, egotistical, condescending, and argumentative. These are traits that are ill suited to a psychiatrist. Prescribes meds while providing little or no information on side effects or long term potential for addiction. His methodology for making assessments to make a diagnosis lacks rigorous diagnostic criteria. But he does accept insurance, which puts him in a unique category of generosity relative to many Washington area psychiatrists, who do not accept insurance. But there are others who do in this area so I would recommend attempting to see them before subjecting yourself to the sub-optimal care that this physician provides.

|  Looking for psych meds, you're at the right place  |  show details
by Prescription overkill on Aug 13th, 2013

When I first started three years ago or so, they had the most horrible receptionist. Now they are staffed with nice, warm people. As far as dr. Blaes, I feel more prescription dependent than I ever have. Not a great feeling to be numb or constantly having medication after another thrown at you and yet you're no better than you started. Maybe I should have discovered this sooner but when I started talking to others about their psychiatrist, it blew me away with the things they said. That's when I had to re-evaluate my situation. He is a nice person but when you are at a crisis mode, don't look for his help in any way. He makes you feel crazy and bothersome. I'm looking into new doctors now because I need to get off all these pills. There has to be an alternative.

|  Excellent psyopharmacologist  |  show details
Sep 2nd, 2012

he is caring, relates well to patient, realistic approach to problem solutions, excellent "bedside" manner

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2012

If you are looking for a psychiatrist who will not pump you full on drugs, this is the man. Dr. Blaes listens and accepts your input and concern as both a patient and a person. I have seen this doctor for nine years and he has always out shined any other doctor I have seen.

|  Dr Blaes is a caring and compassionate psychiatrist.  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2012

He guides the patient toward self understanding, and self solutions toward the patient's issues.

|  Wonderful Psychiatrist  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2011

Accurate, compassionate, and very intelligent.Highly recommended.Peter K.

|  Excellent Doctor!  |  show details
May 15th, 2011

Has a great ability to cut to the heart of the problem as treat it. Results oriented. Know his business well. He has really helped me. .

|  Avoid this doctor  |  show details
Mar 10th, 2011

Rude staff. Unreliable.

|  Dr Blaes Review  |  show details
by Julie M at Insider Pages on May 17th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Was a patient of Dr Blaes for several years, and during that time missedcancelled 3 appts, and out of the blue he fired me, telling me that...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Mixed review  |  show details
Nov 21st, 2009

Mixed review. A shrink that shows less compassion and more confrontational demeanor than would seem beneficial for the patient. Makes diagnosis based on little data. Recommended prescription anti anxiety med when true problem was too much caffeine...excess anxiety stopped once caffeine intake reduced. Luckily I did not take the Xanax before I figured this out. good things include rapid response callbacks and great head if he had asked me about caffeine intake that could have been avoided. receptionist and paperwork processing. Mixed bag.