Dr. Peter Blessey Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Peter Blessey?

Fibromyalgia

Fibromyalgia

Have you seen Dr. Peter Blessey?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 23rd, 2015

Excellent procedure. Easier recovery!

November 2nd, 2015

Well dressed and very polite. Well spoken and explained my knee problem with me. Over all I think he's great.

April 28th, 2015

Disappointing

Dr. Blessey appeared to be a caring doctor. Sadly, I found out that this was not the case. After falling and injuring the knee he had done a procedure on his ONLY advise was to start "Cross Training"!!!! I was on a cane!!!!! The nurse was shocked that he did not do an MRI or x-rays to make sure the knee was not damaged. His bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired.

March 6th, 2015

Exceptional!

I would definitely recommend Dr. Peter Blessey to anyone in need of an orthopedist. He was very personable, honest and willing to answer all my questions. He spent time explaining everything to me in a way that was understandable to a non-medical person. I will return to his practice should the need again arise.

August 25th, 2013

Highly Recommend Dr Blessey

Dr Blessey asked me questions and listened. He answered my questions and after examining my shoulder diagnosed me with adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder). He took the time to explain the condition and treatment while referencing what I had explained to him about when the pain started (showed he was a good listener). He gave me a cortisone shot (hardly felt it) and explained the expected effects of the shot. He also prescribed physical therapy. He explained if physical therapy did not relieve the pain and lack of mobility that the next step would be an MRI. One week after the shot and 2 physical therapy sessions and I am already feeling much better with more mobility and pain decreases exponentially every day. His staff was friendly and efficient and the wait time was minimal. As a side note, he laughed at something I said that I thought was funny. My appointment was a very pleasant experience given how worried I was prior. I HIGHLY recommend Dr Blessey.

August 19th, 2013

Poor advice and very uncaring

June 28th, 2013

patient

Wow, What a great experience. An excellent doctor! Kind, courteous, caring. Very short wait times. The quality of my life has improved dramtically after having my knee replaced by Dr. Blessey

July 26th, 2012

I had surgery on knee and my spouse had surgery to repair torn rotator cuff 4 weeks later. Both diagnosis were made in a timely manner and addressed with our options.We have both received very professioal care from Dr.Blessey and his staff,Linsley our nurse and Oshsner,Ponchatrain Surgery Center and Lakeview Regional Medical.

May 25th, 2012

Dr. Blessey needs to lighten up with his patients. Make them feel better.

January 11th, 2012

Not happy

My husband is in excruciating pain. Doctor looked at x-rays, sent him to a physical therapist, who said he could not be treated until inflammation subsided. Doctor did not return calls for 24 hours, the refused to prescribe anti-inflammatory or pain drugs; recommended visiting a pain clinic-- first available appointment in 5 days. Or a chiropractor. Meanwhile my husband can neither stand not sit. Is reduced to crawling.

September 26th, 2011

I saw Dr. Blessey a few times before having surgery for a torn rotater cuff. I think Dr. Blessey is a very good doctor. My surgery went well. He is a quiet, but I probably talked enough for the both of us. Talking to your patients shows you care about them and maybe he could do better in that department. However, he is a highly skilled doctor/surgeon and I would recommend him to family and friends. Talking to your patients shows you care about their health needs. You just need to talk to him! I don't think he can read minds yet.

May 20th, 2011

Dr. Blessey fit my daughter in the very next day. He was wonderful and kind. He was Very soft spoken and gentle with my 5 year old little girl who broke both arms. He answered all of my questions, and he even took his time to answer the questions of my 7 yr. old son. Wonderful, Wonderful experience!!!!