Still in Pain show details Still in Pain
by Jim on Dec 30th, 2015

I believe that Dr. Bono is an good surgeon. Unfortunately once he does his job he feels that he is done. Post op, I experienced ongoing pain. He was defensive as far as my issues and dismissed them. Basically he said that what he did worked. My pain I found out on my own was due to the extensive atrophy and loss of muscle due to nerve damage. He should have diagnosed this and told me. Evidently, this is not his problem. 1-year post op. I am still in daily pain and headaches. Doing extensive Physical Therapy to rebuild muscle loss due to OPLL. He should have at least informed me of this and pointed me in the right direction. He would not return my e-mails regarding my issues. I guess once they are paid they are done!

BEWARE show details BEWARE
by Incredibly Discouraged on Nov 16th, 2015

Pre op he was great, a little arrogant but great. Post op? Omg...he changed. It was as if, "well my job is done" He does not care about my pain what so ever. His assistant persrcribed me the wrong meds, then refused to write me a new script less than one week after a double anterior cervical Decompression and fusion. His staff is incompetent, uncompationate people. As a surgeon, we will see if the fusion takes. But I'm warning you now, if you think he's going to give one iota about your pain post op your going to be very wrong and very sorry. I know I'm sorry I chose him as my surgeon at this point.

Too many surgeons to choose Bono show details Too many surgeons to choose Bono
by Abandoned on Nov 16th, 2015

During my preop visit the doctor & staff were great. Then 3 days before scheduled surgery day receive emails that he was changing procedures stating insurance issues. I contacted my insurance & they informed me the issue was the surgeons submitted paperwork. I contacted his assistant & explained the mixup & how to correct it. They chose to not. Immediately postop he showed his true colors. Was very arrogant & rude. Then when it came time for pain control he completely lacked knowledge & interest in handling it. Left me in constant pain due to the lack of pain control knowledge & concern. Went days with no medication because took time writing refills. Definitely felt like I I was no longer of importance due to him being busy hustling new patients. Was a complete nightmare that still lingers. There are too many surgeons out there in my opinion to use Bono. He only cares until he gets paid, then your on your own. Kinda scary when full recovery takes 9 to 12 months. Please don't make the mistake I did.

arrogant rude holier than thou show details arrogant rude holier than thou
by michelle on Jul 17th, 2015

Don't waste your time... condescending, holier than thou, and rude number one a-hole! Doesn't give 2 rats arses about you or your pain. ..he can't see past his 'greatness' you'll be very sorry and disappointed if your hoping to see a Dr that understands the pain you are suffering with...

Apr 20th, 2015

long wait for appointments and in waiting room. great doctor, unconcern receptionist.

Amazing Surgeon show details Amazing Surgeon
by Diane Doletzky on Mar 3rd, 2015

Dr Bono helped me with a debilitating and painful spinal problem that other doctors could only throw painkillers at. He listened to me, explained it all to me, and performed a very long and arduous surgery that I feel was nothing short of a gift to me. I am so much better and able to once again do things that had become impossible. His demeanor is kind, caring, and honest. He has never rushed me, nor let any of my questions go unanswered. His staff is very professional and helpful as well.

Mar 3rd, 2015

My only complaint is wait time. Appt. @ 7Am, not seen for 1 hour . There was only one patient before me.

Where other's failed...Dr. Bono gave me back my life! show details Where other's failed...Dr. Bono gave me back my life!
by Kristine Snyder on Jan 26th, 2015

I had an ACDF by another surgeon in 2013 as a result of herniated C5-C7 discs in my neck . After the surgery, along with an agonizing additional year of intolerable pain & being told by my previous surgeon along with countless others that nothing was wrong; I had almost given up all hope. That's when I was told by a friend about Dr. Bono. It took only 10 minutes!!!! for Dr. Bono to inform me that the 1st surgery did not fuse & was unsuccessful. He performed another fusion which provided me with immediate relief. It has been almost 3 months & my progress has been beyond anything I dare even hope for. Dr. Bono gave me back my life. I am eternally grateful.

Spine Surgery show details Spine Surgery
by Toni Bonner on Jan 15th, 2015

Prior to spine surgery Dr. Bono told me that my excoriating pain would be reduced by 60-80%. After surgery, the pain was a 100% gone and I did not take pain pills at all.

by Theresa Mazyck on Dec 30th, 2014

Dr.Bono was the best at finding my back problem and giving me life again.

First Appointment show details First Appointment
by Larry Mitrovich on Dec 18th, 2014

I was impressed with the care and service at the facility. The wait time was long and I didn't expect that. Dr. Bono and his staff did impress me with their care and explanation of my problem.

william new show details william new
by william vew on Sep 25th, 2014

I think he has a great bedside manner. he was very informative as to what would de done and what the results should be. he alsi informed what mymlimitations would be as the results of this shurgery would be.

Sep 10th, 2014

I would recommend Dr. Bono to anyone. He took time to listen to my issues and investigate my x-rays and MRI. Like any good doctor who takes their time with their patients, you may experience wait time to see them, but he’s worth the wait. I suffered with nerve pain in my legs for 3 years as a result aggravating my grade 2 Spondylothesis that I've had for years. Dr. Bono recommended a minimally invasive lumbar laminectomy and by that night of the surgery day I was up and walking pain free! I did not experience any pain anywhere after the surgery. I felt fantastic!

Tool and Die show details Tool and Die
by Thomas J. Shively on Sep 7th, 2014

Dr. Bono took his time with me on my concerns and didn't feel like I was being rushed. Took time to show me on my mri and x rays what exactly was causing my pain and what should be done to correct the problem. What to expect from my recovery. He also noted that to properly heal I must quit smoking. Not easy but it has made a big difference in my health.

by G. Artero on Sep 7th, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Bono. I am now pain free. He is worth waiting for, very professional, makes time for you, answers questions. Follows up and always has a smile. He came recommended and glad I choose him. 5 Stars in my book

Fantastic spine surgeon show details Fantastic spine surgeon
by Mitch M. on Jul 18th, 2014

Got an unbelievably good result for a bi-level lumbar fusions and laminectomies. Used minimally invasive procedure when another highly respected surgeon was recommending an open surgery with a much longer recovery period

good doctor show details good doctor
by Lois Caine on May 2nd, 2014

Dr. Bono , very polite,good diagnosis,easy to talk too. Answer all questions.I would recommend him and use him for surgery again. very good doctor.

New Patient show details New Patient
by Ms Tish on May 1st, 2014

Dr Bono got straight to the point of what I needed done to eliminate my pain. He was very passionate & concerned about how I felt. He listened to me very carefully.

NO communication regarding teenage son's vertebral fracture! show details NO communication regarding teenage son's vertebral fracture!
Apr 20th, 2014

BEWARE! NO communication and NO follow-up care! Dr. Bono ordered a nuclear bone scan for my teenage son for a complaint of back pain. I found out by "accident" 10 weeks later that the bone scan was positive, showing a vertebral fracture, when I had taken my son to our primary care physician for a sports physical. In the meantime, my son was actively training and lifting weights with a vertebral fracture! Dr. Bono was adamant that this test be done urgently at Providence Park, so that there would be no delay in treatment if there was a problem...what a joke! Very angry, I called his office demanding answers. I was told that my son was supposed to have returned for an appointment and should have been fitted for a brace and should have been wearing this brace for the past two months! I was NEVER informed of any such plan of action. In addition, I was told by his staff that there would be absolutely NO financial implications for having this test done at Providence Park, opposed to my own place of employment (another local hospital). I ended up having to pay $520 for the balance of a deductible and co-pay that BCBS refused to pay for having this test at Providence Park opposed to a zero balance had I taken my son to my own hospital for care. I asked all the right questions from his staff ahead of time and was given all the wrong information...no problem...they didn't get stuck with the bill from Providence Park, I did! Knowing how irrate I was, Dr. Bono returned my call and urgently ordered a follow-up CT scan (done at my own hospital this time) which was done the next day to check on the status of the fracture. He didn't even bother to look at the results until 10 days later when my son returned for an appointment because he couldn't remember he had even ordered the test! I would NEVER see this doctor again or recommend him to anyone...he clearly doesn't care about the well-being of his patients. He only cares about ordering tests that he doesn't bother follow through with and then sticking the patient with the expensive bill from the hospital for these tests. Had I not taken my son for a physical, I probably still wouldn't know about my son's fracture today. SHAME ON YOU DR. BONO!

Apr 20th, 2014

Saved me from becoming a paraplegic show details Saved me from becoming a paraplegic
by Robert A. Cline on Mar 21st, 2014

In the space of one day Dr Bono found on my MRI I would become a paraplegic within 3 or 4 days if I did not have immediate spinal surgery on C4-C5, he cleared his schedule and had me in surgery that afternoon. I am now fully recovered and thank my family doctor who sent me to Dr Bono. If it was not for his direct admit of me to the hospital I would now be a paraplegic. Dr Bono has shown knowledge and compassion to me and my family and we can never thank him enough. I would recommend him to everyone for he cares for his patients the day of surgery and through rehab. He also takes time to reassure the family and explain things to them. The BEST there is!!!!

Jan 9th, 2014

i waited two hours, then dr. bono came into the room and had not even looked at the xray they took. i brought my mri and he did not look at that. yawning the whole time (5 minutes) like i was intruding on is sleep time. his staff was also cold and direct. his remedy was "enjoy the good days". not many of those. i asked if i should continue the injections, he said "if it makes you feel good". not going back.

Would refer Dr Bono? YES! show details Would refer Dr Bono? YES!
Jan 2nd, 2014

Dr. Bono clearly explained my issues and what surgery would correct, as well as what to expect 1st 30 days after surgery. I would not hesitate to return to Dr. Bono should the need arise. BUT I would wish to avoid most of the office staff. My experience in Providence Hospital.....not the best and would NOT recommend the surgery floor. All of the techs and just a couple nurses were professional. One doctor (Dr. Tippin? Pippin?) examining my incision actually LEFT ME (on my side, with the bandage 1/2 off IN PAIN) TO ANSWER HER CELL PHONE. "Oh, HI! Are you still in the office?" as she left my room. Later tried to say she just had to answer just incase it was an emergency. Really? 5 stars for Dr. Bono "0" stars for supporting staff/hospital

worst doctor show details worst doctor
Dec 14th, 2013

he did surgery on my wife messed up the first time and redid the surgery. Very rude person got my money and was out. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR

take the money and run...who cares?! show details take the money and run...who cares?!
Nov 22nd, 2013

xrayed to confirm diagnosis, said i didnt have a problem, sent me to PT, after $400 cash and that didnt help, re assessed my xrays and decided he should do surgery but didnt look for any other possible issues besides the obvious that could be contributing to severe pain. other doctors in training asking questions on visits implying i was not in pain or was faking complaints. my post op recovery wasnt as fast as he thought it should be. he didnt understand why i wasnt walking again yet and dismissed me to pain management. approx. 9 months later had an accident and called for appointment to review xrays from ER and to deal with severe spasms and after a week i had to call to see why nobody called me back. their response was dr was very busy, he looked at xrays, you're fine. absolutely no regard for my pain or current condition. non personal, unsympathetic, just get em into surgery, take their money and move on to the next cash-cow.

Wonderful experience! show details Wonderful experience!
by Laura Vander Roest Smith on Aug 25th, 2013

Dr. Bono was referred to me by my brothers, both osteopaths; I find him to be friendly, unpretentious, caring, intelligent and truly humble! The office staff were good- I wish they'd wear name tags- but people were friendly. Michele Tomaszewski spent the most time with me and was very nice; knowledgeable and friendly also. The wait to see the doctor was long but well worth it because he spends as much time with me as I need to have to understand what's going on. I highly recommend Dr. Bono and his associates ans staff!

by Ken Baca on May 25th, 2013

Dr. Bono and his staff are courtious and knowledgeable. They have always tried to address my questions and concerns. Dr. Bono has performed a spinal surgery on me in the past and with another coming up soon I feel completely confident to have him perform my next surgery. Dr Bono was recommended by my family doctor after he had operated his father's spinal condition. Good reason to me!

Horrific Experience show details Horrific Experience
by C. Jackson on May 21st, 2013

STAY away from this doctor and his staff. Refused to see my minor child because I refused to consent to the "research and study" form for his students to view my child's medical condition. After waiting for over a month for the appt., he let his nurse manager make the final decision as to whether he would examine my child or not. They even tried to use scare tactics to convince me to sign that consent form, stating that if surgergy was performed today, the "research and study" form must be in place or they could not operate. He NEVER came into the exam room to examine my child but surgery was the first thing that came out of his staff's mouth. Then, Dr. Bono contacts our primary doctor to explain that he thinks he could help this child and for my child to come back...as long as we sign that consent form. Patient care at that office is a JOKE. I've said enough, go at your own risk.

Dr. Bono fixed my back - no more pain. show details Dr. Bono fixed my back - no more pain.
Apr 25th, 2013

Dr. Bono immediately told me what was wrong with my spine and what would fix it - had it done and I am now pain free.

Awesome Doctor show details Awesome Doctor
Feb 8th, 2012

Dr. Bono is an awesome doctor. I had a catastrophic accident that caused peri-paralyzation in my lower extremities. Dr. Bono performed two surgeries that restored the use of my legs. He has an awesome bedside manner. When you are in his office you are the focus. I have never had an interruption in over 20 visits.With the light...there is dark. Don't have an emergency visit. The soonest I could get a visit was 35 days, the longest was almost two months. The Providence Office staff is not exactly the best. They do not give all the information at appropriate times.

Oct 18th, 2011

This is the rudest doctor I've ever seen. I can't believe that this doctor practices medicine. Im reporting him to the chief of state. I won't let it go unchecked!

Sep 14th, 2011

I would recommend him to any one needing back surgery

Rude Doctor show details Rude Doctor
Apr 12th, 2011

Rudest doctor I've ever seen in the medical profession. Would not recommend him to anyone.

Dec 3rd, 2010

I went to Dr. Bono because I attended one of his conferences on spine conditions and I needed a doctor that would help me get out of pain. My first visit to me was ok, until after I visited him a second time to get my results of a discogram, which he indicated to me that I needed surgery. At this appointment, he was rude and told me I needed surgery and didn't even explain to me what type of surgery until I asked him. I am now five months out of surgery from having a Laminectomy with Fusion at three levels and still I am unable to return to work because I am still having severe back pain. Dr. Bono told me that even with the surgery and because of the three levels of injury, that I would always have back pain, however, he sent me back to work. I am a secretary who works in a school setting and requires much walking, standing and lifting. I indicated this to him and he was rude and said, "Nothing is wrong with your back". Well if nothing is wrong with my back then why did he operate on me and put pins and screws in my back where I am now unable to bend, walk far, stand and sit for long periods of time? He is an errogant doctor who seem to only be interested in cutting on you and is polite to you initially to get your business, and once that is done, he is nasty. I will never go back to see him. He has a very rude staff also. Return phone calls are only answered every 24-48 hours and if there is an emergency that is how long you would have to wait to hear from the office staff. I asked for a copy of what was in my file for disability benefits, and I was told that there would be a $30 charge for that. Whoever heard of such; a patient is charged for getting their own medical records! I had a bad experience with this doctor and his staff. I will never recommend this doctor.

I am afraid of this office show details I am afraid of this office
Sep 20th, 2010

There is a woman on the reception desk who I think may be unstable. This woman challanged me about my insurance coverage, and then practically attacked me in the exam room because she did not see what she wanted to see on my x ray disc; as though she is the doctor. I had seen my disc, and I know what was on the disc.I have to believe this doctor knows how crazy this woman acts, so I must assume this to be his polcy.I left this office.

Laminectomy with fusion show details Laminectomy with fusion
by Martin H on Sep 25th, 2009

My back is in better shape than it has been in for seven years, thanks to Dr. Bono.

Dr. Peter Bono saved my life show details Dr. Peter Bono saved my life
by MV on Oct 8th, 2008

I was sent to Dr Bono via a friend that had reconstructive surgery for a nearly paralyzing tumor in his spine. He is now walking thanks to dr bono. I had a severe spinal cord compression from a disc herniation in my neck with weakness in my hands. because of the urgency of my condition Dr. bono took me to surgery quickly and fused my C5-6. My hands work again, my arm pain is gone and my life is back. he truly cared for me and saved me from a wheelchair. he's a miracle man.

Rude show details Rude
Aug 19th, 2008

Dr. Bono was very rude when I went to see him. Did not ask me any questions just came in and said he was going to do surgery, not what kind or anything. When I asked what type of surgery he answered like I should of know. Will NOT go to him again nor would I recommend him to anyone.