A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Breingan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Peter Breingan, Ophthalmologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Breingan, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Eye Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Breingan graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Breingan has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Breingan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 3 plans
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Health Plus - 3 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- WellCare - 4 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Peter J. Breingan practice?
Dr. Peter Breingan practices Ophthalmology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Pomona, NY.
See New York Ophthalmologists.