Dr. Peter Buchin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Peter Buchin?

7 Ratings with 1 Comment

March 25th, 2013

He Saved My Life

I didn't have a regular doctor in NYC. Dr. Buchin was on a list of internists I rang due to extremely high fever and the worst pain of my life for days up to that point. His rude receptionist told me he was booked. As I lay on the floor he rang back, spoke to me for a few minutes and told me to get to his office immediately. As I rode up Park I screamed and cried ....each pothole, each braking. His office was full but he saw me as soon as I arrived. He told me he thought I had a severe kidney infection and that I must be hospitalized. He saw to it that I was taken to then Columbia-Presbyterian right then. He had me placed in a priority wing. My fiancée was an abuser and Dr Buchin immediately realized that. His diagnosis was correct. He saved my life. I was told by the specialists that I would've been dead within 48 hours. He came to my room to check on me 3 times a day. He also called daily to make sure I was being treated well. He later made it very clear to my abuser that if it continued he would report him to the police. This was over 30 years ago. He medically saved my life as well as helping give me the nerve to stand up for myself.

November 11th, 2016