A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Burkart:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Peter Burkart is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Burkart, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Hematology.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Burkart graduated from Albany Medical College. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Burkart has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Samaritan Hospital
- Albany Medical Center South - Clinical Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Peter T Burkart MD is a male Internist, has 43 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Hematology.
- Where does Dr. Peter T. Burkart practice?
- Dr. Peter Burkart has 1 office location.
Dr. Peter Burkart practices Internal Medicine and Hematology near Albany, NY.
See Albany Internists and Albany Hematologists.