Dr. Peter Byeff Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Peter Byeff?

January 23rd, 2015

He is sharp and will do the job correctly, but not exactly fuzzy

Being a young person with a rare cancer I need a doctor I have the upmost faith in, that is Dr Byeff. He can come across as clinical and analytical but he is SHARP. I have had the discomfort of going to other doctors and specialists and seeing the look of confusion and fear over my diagnosis. It is extremely important to me to have a doctor that I trust to be able to handle my treatment. If you want someone to hold your hand and pray with you this may not be the best doctor for you. If you are serious about putting the work in to learn about your disease and want someone that will attack it with you Dr Byeff is extremely capable. His knowledge and abilities give me far more comfort than most if not all of the other doctors I have dealt with.

February 21st, 2012

Peggy

It takes a special individual to enter the field of Oncology/Hematology and Dr. Byeff is one of these individuals.He treated Nick with concern and compassion and watched his progress very closely. Nick had a blood problem and could never have a transfusion. At one point when Nick was admitted to the hospital for loss of blood Dr. Byeff put his arm around me and I could feel his energy and concern. He told me not to worry he would take care of Nick and he did.During one of many visits I spoke to a gentleman in the waiting room. He told me his wife went to Sloan Kettering and was discharged as there was nothing further they could do. He said that was five years ago and under the care of Dr. Byeff she is still alive.Dr. Byeff, all the other doctors, and the entire staff are outstanding individuals. They gave us hope and many tomorrows and for this and much more, I want to say thank you Dr.Byeff and God Bless

July 10th, 2011

Spends less than one minute wiTh you on each visit but do NOT ASK ANY QUESTIONS BECAUSE YOU WILL BE TOLD THEY ARE FAR BEYOUND YOU-

April 19th, 2010

Steer clear.

I'm truly lost for words writing this comment. As the only words that come to mind to describe Byeff (I will skip the Dr. prefix as it would be a disgrace to the profession to label him as such) would probably be visable as astrikses.I'm overly an understanding person - so as with my first visit in the office, when my questions about my form of cancer were dismissed with "I can't answer anything as I have turned off my lap top" I have dismissed that as perhaps Byeff had a bad day or was extremely busy that day.Unfortunately, with consequent visits I came to understand that it was probably one of his good days.This individual is abusive and anything but professional. In any other profession his attitude would make him unemployed and broke in no time.Sentyments aside, Byeff makes his patients feel like an inconvinience (and trust me I saw him treating other patients with the same manner in other rooms), and he has no problem showing it. He would make a 30 second appearance in the room with his staff handling 99% of the work. It would be not fair, not to mention that his staff is knowledgable and compassionate, which in turn is good for him as they carry most of his workload on their back. Byeff is not able (or willing) to answer any questions of offer advice. I guess he put the professionalism and duties of a doctor aside to make money.And trust me, I give anyone a second or third chance to make good, but any more than that it would be a waste of time. Cancer is a serious disease, PLEASE DO YOUR research. I'm young so I can use internet and other resources to learn about treatment, but it sickens me to know that some people do not have the resources or maybe time to do the same, and if they come across Byeff, well then my prayers are with them and I wish them the best.Byeff is a disgrace to Hospital of Central Connecticut (New Britain General), Bradley Hospital, and the fine institutions that issued him diplomas. I guess even the best schools cant teach compassion.In your battle with cancer do your research and demand nothing but the best. If it takes the extra time to go to Yale Hospital, do so. This is not one of those cases when somone can play games... because its extremely hard as it is and the road to treatment and recovery should nto be paved with stones like Byeff.

September 30th, 2009

Run for your Life

No one needs to be treated as rudely, arrogently, or cruely as he treated my mother and myself. He evidently has NEVER attended any of the seminars that talk about keeping the patient as positive as possible. He YELLED at my mother (who is the cancer patient) and myself because we were not aware of an appointment with the radiologist. The first few weeks of this process are emotional and overwhelming for everyone involved. There are so many appointments going on and so many doctor offices contacting you to make appointments, change them or cancel them. If he is going to get himself so upset over this that he insults us and makes cruel comments, then he needs to get out of the business. He is suppose to be helping CANCER patients....there is not much worse. GET OUT OF BUSINESS DR. BYEFF....I wouldn't let you touch a snake (and I hate snakes).

December 10th, 2015