Peter Callander MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8
  • 41 reviews

November 3rd, 2016
I'm a pretty pragmatic guy, so 90% of my review is based on the results of the surgery. I left the hospital on the friday after my tuesday surgery. I have not taken any pain meds since my release. I was walking the next monday evening after surgery without assistance (crutches/walker/or human). I'm not saying I was pain free at that point, or ready to walk a mile, but I was very surprised at the speed of my recovery. My incision has healed well and now (about 2 weeks post op) and I'm nearly pain free. The mornings are still a little tough but each day is measurable better than the one before.

October 10th, 2016
The best!
exceptional, very experienced, keeps up on most current techniques Personable & attentive Dr Callander is the very best for hips (& undoubtedly knees).

July 5th, 2016
I would chose this doctor again. The "office visits and operation are dealt with as an efficient business, although I missed the "personal touch".

June 29th, 2016
straight legs
need joint replacement from waist dwn. includes to tip of toes, look no further Dr. Callander is the Dr. to seek out. With only one joint done and more to follow my overly due aching arthritic needs of 28 plus years have finally met their technological match. Using his skill and that of his staff you are in safe, knowledgeable hands.If that's not enough know this: his surgical staff has many, one noteable his surgery scheduler , Joanne "BULLDOG" Giron, she is very nice and easy to talk with. She knows her stuff and presents all medical info. very-very well. Joanne fights for patients and will tell insurance companies where to go when they are only are looking only for the heathly bottom line. Life is too short so if you need kind, caring, knowledgeable-state of the art medical care DON'T WAIT seek out Dr. Callander for quality medical care, he along with his outstanding staff WILL improve the quality of your life.

June 27th, 2016
Cheerful, upbeat, positive, calm...patient though you know he's busy...In -hospital work is excellent and the followup is truly amazing. In Marin, works out of Novato Community Hospital, the best I've ever seen. I was lucky to be there instead of anywhere else.

June 26th, 2016
Complete Knee replacement
My immediate post-op experience was minimal pain, swelling was moderate after a week and a half, no issues with the incision. Dr. Callander visited me in the hospital. His good results speak to his expertise and commitment to his patients.

June 21st, 2016
Awesome
My experience with this procedure has been awesome from the start. Dr. Callender and his staff are amazing. The staff at the California campus were wonderful. I highly recommend this team if you are in need of HRT.

June 19th, 2016
Knee Surgery
Dr. Callander's confidence was very assuring and gave me the faith that I had chosen well. The staff treated me as professionals who had done this before. The recovery unit were very caring and encouraging. I have already provided his name to a friend whose husband is contemplating similar surgery.

May 1st, 2016
I believe Dr. Callandar to be an extremely gifted surgeon. I handed him a pretty complicated mess and I believe he corrected it with great artistry. All his medical talent aside, he has a great bedside manner and a sense of fun and humor that I find very helpful in a serious situation.

April 20th, 2016
Anterior, total hip replacement, left
I would recommend Dr. Callander to anyone. My experience was positive, I had no idea what to expect post op and the hospital staff was excellent with taking care, managing any pain and worked with me to get up and moving again. They answered any questions or found someone best suited to answer.

March 30th, 2016
Exceptional and professional staff!

March 25th, 2016
Laid back and professional. A smooth experience
One of the things that is striking about Dr. Callander is his extremely laid back and friendly approach. But more importantly his skill as a Surgeon. I had a resurfacing on my other hip 14 years ago and the experience I had with Dr Callander and the team at Presidio Surgery Center 2 weeks ago was really amazing. My recovery this time around is unreal. One week after my resurfacing I was walking around at home with no crutches. Great experience.