Dr. Peter Callander MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 30th, 2017
Dr. Callendar Rocks!
This is my second surgery and I am just as pleased as the first time. It is great to have your surgeon wake you up and check on you in the hospital to get discharged! Very personal and great bed side manner. If I had a 3rd hip I would choose him to operate on it!

June 17th, 2017
hip replacement
Dr Callander did a great job on my anterior hip replacement

May 11th, 2017
Dr. Callander made me feel comfortable and assured that all of my research prior to making my appointment were right on target!
I had done research on the top surgens in SF prior to making an appointment. Dr. Callander showed me on my first appointment why he is among the top. Knowledge, bedside manner and professionalism. I also knew I wanted an anterior approach total hip prior to going to see him, and this was one of the options he suggested. The surgery went very well and I spent less than 24 hrs in facility. Rehab is challenging with any total joint replacement but am doing well and able to ambulated without my crutches with no pain and limited limp due to muscle weakness. Thank you Dr. Callander and great staff!

May 8th, 2017
Good bedside manner, gives impression of great experience
My only problems have been with communication over prescription medicines

April 25th, 2017
Extremely pleased with the outcome after the surgery. I had very little pain or discomfort after the surgery. Dr. Callander and his staff have been in touch with me daily, I have recommended Dr. Callander to my sister who will be needing the total hip replacement as well. Thank you all!

February 26th, 2017
Both knees.
Five years ago, I needed a knee replacement on my right knee. After doing due diligence and interviewing several doctors I settled on Dr. Callander. Knowlegable, attentive, accessible articulate and one who specialized in knee and hip. Not a "general". Had him do it and it was successful. Now at age 71 I had to do the other one. Had him do that as well. Also perfect. Lots of good docs but he is, in my opinion one of the best. That being said, it's 5% the doc and 95% the patient. But he is encouraging so he makes one try harder.

February 21st, 2017
Dr. Callander is an exceptional surgeon. His diagnosis was quick and accurate. He put me at my ease. He made me feel confident and answered all of my questions. Recovery from surgery was rapid and the follow-up excellent.

November 3rd, 2016
I'm a pretty pragmatic guy, so 90% of my review is based on the results of the surgery. I left the hospital on the friday after my tuesday surgery. I have not taken any pain meds since my release. I was walking the next monday evening after surgery without assistance (crutches/walker/or human). I'm not saying I was pain free at that point, or ready to walk a mile, but I was very surprised at the speed of my recovery. My incision has healed well and now (about 2 weeks post op) and I'm nearly pain free. The mornings are still a little tough but each day is measurable better than the one before.

October 10th, 2016
The best!
exceptional, very experienced, keeps up on most current techniques Personable & attentive Dr Callander is the very best for hips (& undoubtedly knees).

July 6th, 2016
I would chose this doctor again. The "office visits and operation are dealt with as an efficient business, although I missed the "personal touch".

June 29th, 2016
straight legs
need joint replacement from waist dwn. includes to tip of toes, look no further Dr. Callander is the Dr. to seek out. With only one joint done and more to follow my overly due aching arthritic needs of 28 plus years have finally met their technological match. Using his skill and that of his staff you are in safe, knowledgeable hands.If that's not enough know this: his surgical staff has many, one noteable his surgery scheduler , Joanne "BULLDOG" Giron, she is very nice and easy to talk with. She knows her stuff and presents all medical info. very-very well. Joanne fights for patients and will tell insurance companies where to go when they are only are looking only for the heathly bottom line. Life is too short so if you need kind, caring, knowledgeable-state of the art medical care DON'T WAIT seek out Dr. Callander for quality medical care, he along with his outstanding staff WILL improve the quality of your life.

June 27th, 2016
Cheerful, upbeat, positive, calm...patient though you know he's busy...In -hospital work is excellent and the followup is truly amazing. In Marin, works out of Novato Community Hospital, the best I've ever seen. I was lucky to be there instead of anywhere else.