Dr. Peter Colegrove Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Peter Colegrove?

Zero stars for Bedside, Time Spent & Follow Up

Posted on May 11th, 2016

Performed 2 test procedures, promised discussion of possible options once test results were in, never followed up. I had to call for results, left message was not feeling any better. He had a nurse contact me to say condition was chronic & there was nothing further he could do for me!

Great doctor

Posted on February 19th, 2015

Dr. Colegrove called me himself to give me my diagnosis. I asked all of my questions to him and not some nurse. He was always on time, professional, helpful and his staff are fantastic. Would definitely recommend to anyone!

Are you in the habit Dr?

Posted on February 5th, 2014

This is a question Dr., My Father (85) was recently instructed by you to remove his own catheter at home. He was advised to be sure to do this in the a.m. in case he caused damage and could then come and see you in emergency mode. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Having spoken to several medical professionals each of whom heard this with alarm, asserting the damage a man this age, this frail with a fractured pelvis , a man almost entirely immobile for a month and a half, could do to his bladder could be life threatening. With scant instruction you sent him home to perform this procedure. You have since recommended he do this twice a day. We will be in touch Dr. His regular physician was also unable to hide her alarm at this instruction. I'm alarmed on a number of levels, not the least of which that someone has to award you even 1 star just to write a review here. I wonder , do you read these reviews Dr.? Is there somewhere you'd rather be Dr.? Something you'd rather be doing?

He doesn't care about his patience

Posted on February 20th, 2013

He doesn't care about his patience

Doesnt care if you have cancer

Posted on July 21st, 2012

do not use him

I couldn't disagree with previous negative posters

Posted on November 11th, 2011

I was really nervous to see Dr Colegrove after reading the other reviews on this website. I decided to see Dr Colegrove based on a personal referral. My experience just couldn't have been different from the reviews that I read. Firstly, I made the appointment on Tuesday to see him on Friday. I showed up at 1:55pm for my 2:00 pm appointment. It was about 2pm by the time I checked in, and as I sat down (literally 10 seconds), I was called into a room. Dr Colegroves nurse/assistant sat with me first and gave me some information, and then I was kept waiting about 2-3 minutes before Dr Colegrove came into the room. He was personable and friendly. He took time to answer all my questions. He was attentive and responsive. When I digressed from the reason for the appointment with other questions, he answered them patiently and in detail. I never felt that he was in a rush to get out of the room. Now that I have seen him, I know that I have found a doctor for the long term. The concern that I did have from the negative reviews has been put to rest.

Negligent and disrespectful

Posted on July 12th, 2011

My greatest grievance is that Colegrove had the lab report necessary to notify me of proper medication for a severe bladder infection on a Tuesday morning but only let me know about it four days later. (Meanwhile he had me taking the wrong drug!) With exceeding disrespect he continually called me "buddy" and also by a wrong name (I'm not "Dave"). One of his nurses is a frightening gorgon and will give you an answer such as "I haven't the slightest idea." When I told Colegrove about how uncaring she was when I was urinating blood and in excruciating pain, he implied that it was my fault. He has two other nurses who are warm and caring. That's the best that can be said.

Negligent

Posted on July 11th, 2011

Terrible doctor. I am a current medical school student who initially went to a primary because of pelvic pain and was referred to a particular urologist but due to school conflicts had to schedule Colegrove Peter (I do not wish to even refer to him as a doctor) as a replacement. Much like the other reviewer stated (which sadly lets me know this individual colegrove has a habit of being negligent) I stated my concerns, symptoms, medical history. He took a look at all my previous tests (which I already had mentioned came negative i.e. STDs ,Urinalysis etc) and with a straight face looked me in my eyes and exclaimed it was all in my head. No tests. No explanation. I did offered that maybe it might be a prostate issue and he dismissed it with no tests, no exam, no physical, nothing. I had to bear through this ordeal for a whole year until I decided to that I could not deal with the pain anymore and went to another PCP while I was in houston and not only did he conclude a tender prostate through ACTUAL examination but explained the etiology, forms of treatment, you know things a doctor should do. A Family doctor did what this suppose SPECIALIST could not do. Avoid him! I recently finished my course of antibiotics prescribed by the houston PCP and finally feel normal after a year. I did an MRI recently to see if any damage is present and if the criteria are met I do intend to inquire about malpractice against this guy.

DO NOT VISIT THIS DOCTOR

Posted on June 15th, 2010

I had an infection in my testicles. Before my visit to doctor Colegrove I did all possible STD tests, urine and blood (couple of times), I did also yeast infection test and nothing showed up.I explained to him that nothing showed up after all these test but I know that I have something going on in my body (especially in my testicles and urethra) and I told him that I want semen (sperm) test and swab of my urethra. Initially he refused to perform any of those, and was repeating: do you believe me, you are in a good health and your mind is freaking out.I told him that I believe him, but I will not leave the office if I do not have semen test performed. Well finally he agreed to do this test and was very very discourteous and neglectful.Couple of days later the test showed up an infection and I was on antibiotics for 2 weeks.Needless to say, I never got a follow up phone call from "my" doctor, after the treatment.I think I got new infection because of the antibiotics - yeast infection. My urethra burns, I have headache and stomach ache and I tried to schedule an urgent appointment with the same doctor because he is familiar with my case and treatment. I have been referred to the Emergency Room or to schedule an appointment after couple of weeks which I can't afford.I think he doesn't love his job, he doesn't care about his patience and he works this maybe only for prestige. My advice is: DO NOT VISIT THIS DOCTOR!

DO NOT VISIT THIS DOCTOR!

Posted on June 15th, 2010

Good uroligist, but clueless elsewhere! And not very motivated or Sympathetic either.

Posted on April 28th, 2010

More than 4 years ago, Dr. Colegrove performed a minor prostate procedure, commonly known as a turp, on me. I awoke the next morning with profound ba ...

Posted on October 12th, 2017