Dr. Peter Collori MD Patient Reviews

3.9

September 8th, 2014
He's a really open minded doctor who is definitely not about overmedicating. He's a little strange, however, in that he refuses to see you unless you see him for both therapy and psychiatry.

March 19th, 2013
Brilliant and empathetic!

January 28th, 2013
Although I did have to wait for two months to secure an appointment with Dr. Collori, I was able to make a weekly standing appointment thereafter. Dr. Collori is an exceptional psychiatrist. He is deeply insightful, compassionate and very professional. Dr. Collori is exceedingly knowledgeable regarding medications, and respectful of my decision to forego medication at this time. He explained my diagnosis in detail and the various treatment options. He is an excellent listener and amazingly intuitive. I feel very much a participant in my own care, and we come to decisions together regarding all aspects of treatment. My experience with Dr. Collori has enhanced the quality of my life, and is life changing.

December 15th, 2011
Best Psychiatrist in Honolulu
Dr. Collori is an excellent psychiatrist. He was extremely thorough in his assessment -- I felt as though he got a holistic picture of me and my situation (medically, socially, developmentally and vocationally). I found him to be easy to talk to, thoughtful, collaborative, and supportive, without being condescending or overly medical. I'm a pretty knowledgable consumer, and he is up on all the latest research and approaches, but essentially put the information on the table, made a recommendation, and left the decision to me, which I appreciated. My only hang up is that it's not easy to get an appointment with him (I was on a waitlist for a while until he could take me), so I would kind of prefer to make it easier on myself by not spreading the word. Some shrinks can be so egotistical, but Dr. Collori is very down to earth.

April 27th, 2011
Caring and Compassionate Doctor
Dr. Collori is a great listener and takes the time to explain every step of the therapeutic process. He is compassionate, professional, and always made me feel that I was a full participant in my treatment. I never felt pressured by Dr. Collori to include prescription medications during the course of treatment. I always felt that I had a choice to either include or exclude medications.

March 2nd, 2011
Caring and effective. Excellent listener.