Dr. Peter Crane Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Peter Crane?

November 7th, 2016

Patient

Very good listener which in turn makes him excellent diagnostician. Solution oriented.

August 10th, 2016

Excellent Experience

I was referred to Dr. Crane by my Sports Medicine doctor. She assured me she felt he was the best. After meeting with him, both my husband (a doctor) and I (a retired college administrator) were most favorably impressed with his professionalism. He answered all my questions, and provided additional information. He assuaged my fears of the procedures, as did his pleasant and capable staff. I had the shot this morning. I am not a brave person. I did not know when it was completed! Dr. Crane informed me of every step he took and made sure I was comfortable at all times. His nurse could not have been more supportive. We cracked jokes and talked throughout the 3 minute procedure. I honestly did not feel a thing. I could not recommend this Dr. and his staff highly enough. I'm nearly 70. I am paranoid about medical procedures. If anyone was going to "freak out" it would be me. I thank Dr Crane and his staff for being everything I expect from a medical team, plus the extra compassion that we so often need. Thanks guys. You rock!

June 2nd, 2015

Should Have Listened to The Reviews

This guy was a piece of work. Initially I got a bad feeling from the dirty and dingy office to the outdated examining room. He gave me an injection based on the "sweet spot" of pain and it did nothing for the pain. His nurse told me to call if it got worse and they would be able to prescribe something or get me in for another injection. I called ten days later and told the nurse the pain was worse and she called me back after checking with Crane. She said that if the pain was that bad I should go to the emergency room but otherwise they could get me in for another injection in a week. I don't use the ER to manage pain so I immediately found another pain group, Commonwealth at 1501 Maple. Their facilities are like the Enterprise space ship they are so advanced. When they do an injection it is with an MRI first, and then under a Fluoroscope so they know exactly where the injection needs to go. Crane is out of date, out of touch, lacks any shred of compassion, and needs to do what he does best, nothing based on my experience and that of many others.

October 27th, 2014

I

After 10 years of pain and him giving me meds I had already had-- it took ANOTHER Doctor (NOT IN HIS PRACTICE) 30 seconds to prescribe the new nerve pain med that are given to people with Diabetes. ( The one he said would not work!) 3 days later my gut was darn near pain free. HMMMMMM. I would rather go to a DVM than go to see him again.

October 16th, 2014

Unprofessional and does not listen

Dr. Crane has no bedside manner and may spend 5 minutes with you max. Follow up after an appointment is horrible. Seems to not care about your pain and wants you out of his office as quickly as possible. He had 4 patients in the waiting room for a 7:30am appointment. He tries to push patients out so he can go on to the next "victim". I guess he is worried about making hundreds of thousands, instead of helping and caring for his patients.

September 12th, 2014

He should advertise his limited abilities to help

The first thing he said when he entered the room, “I don’t think I can help you”. I should have got us and left then but I was desperate. He reassured me that I could be helped with non narcotic medication. You see, I do take a narcotic medicine that does give me some relief from Trigeminal Neuralgia II. But I was willing to try something else if I it would give me the same or better relief. Dr Crane decided to cut back on the narcotic and start a new medication. The 1st drug he gave me caused by knees to hurt so bad that I could hardly walk. I was dizzy and I could not stay awake. I worked with this drug for a month and reported back to Dr. Crane. He decided to try a different drug but I also had to wean off the old one. So, I start a new program....I then had tremors, blurred vision, dizziness, falling asleep in mid sentence and weak hands (I kept dropping things). Neither drug touched the pain, which is severe. He still likes to talk about his own pain and that of his wife and what works for them should work for everyone else. He was right, he could not help me. I am in search, again for someone who can help me.

July 7th, 2014

know it all

He is very condescending. I felt like I was wasting his time. Most non caring physician I have ever encountered. No follow up care at all. I'm aware lower backs can be tricky but the procedure did nothing for me. Dr Crane just adds insult to injury.o

August 10th, 2013

Un Caring---Knows it all

I have to agree with alot of these posts...his bedside manner stinks....he thinks he knows more about your pain then you do....does not listen to you just starts babbling about his issues and problems......too bad I can't give minuse stars......resigned from program going to try and find another doctor who listens and cares.......

May 19th, 2013

Health care professional

Dr. crane is very qualified and competent. His bedside manner definitely could use improvement. Comes across as pompous. However he relieved my pain so I'll take pompous and competent over empathetic and incompetent.

April 10th, 2013

He's a good doctor.......I recommend to anyone

I've been going to Dr. Duke Crane for several years now. He takes the time with me & explains things. Answers my questions & is thorough. A couple times I felt rushed when he was busy. But overall he's a good doctor. He was highly recommended to me.

March 25th, 2013

Mr.

Personable, caring doctor who spent a great deal of time with me, and exhibited humor and empathy.

May 31st, 2012

No Communication

Hard to communicate with, thought they knew more about your condition than you yourself did. Wrote prescription with no set of instruction but said you were to do something different and ignore dosage on bottle. Would not recommend to anyone. Spent maybe 5 minutes with me. Very rude and pompous!