Overall Review

3.0

March 22nd, 2016
A few years ago I was referred to Doctor berman.. I am a young woman and when we were going over my medical history he made nasty comments to me about me not having parents (I was under my own insurance at a young age). When he was going to put something through my nose I asked him to wait a second because I wasn't comfortable and he stratteled my body and held me down. I was crying and yelling at him to get off as he forced whatever tube he intended on using down my throat through my nose. He yelled at me something again about my parents. If this had happened now I would have immediately called the police. I gave my statement to HR and they did nothing but have a "talk" with him. I'm sure everything is still on record though. He is disgusting and I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone. If he is still practicing, do not go.

January 7th, 2016
The best doctor I ever had!!!!!!
I was referred to Dr. Berman 3 years ago by my general practitioner. I see Dr. Berman every 6 months. He pays attention to every symptoms and concerns that I have. His is very friendly and spends a great amount of time during my visits. I highly recommend. Thank you Dr. Berman for bringing my hearing back.

July 2nd, 2015
Nasty man
Shame on him! I went to him because I have had a headache for 6 weeks and he just made it worse! I tried to explain what happened to me and he asked if I could just cut to the chase and make it quick. How long did it take for me to say " I inhaled water when snorkeling. I bent my head and water came out and then it happened again, and then again and .... ok that's as far as I got! He shook me up with his attitude, my voice got shaky and now he says " Oh come on, there's on crying here! " When I said I am just trying to explain, he tells me it's for my sake that he cut me off because he wants to spend time with me helping me... sure, ok! Very disappointed in his attitude and his suggestions. Mount Sinai disappointed!

June 15th, 2015
I took my son who is on the Autism Spectrum to see Dr Berman. When he came in, he did not introduce himself or greet us in any way. His first question was "What have you been doing over the past 2 weeks?" When we asked for clarification, he got annoyed and began listing activities. He did a very brief examination. He asked for results from recent CT scan, and when I didn't answer quickly enough, he grabbed the report out of my hand. Said my son's medications were causing his issue and he should cut some of them out, without even inquiring about the necessity of them. Gave brief instructions, claimed how to perform massage on salivary gland would be in written instructions. They were not. Arrogant, rude. There are too many other good and polite doctors around to put up with this nonsense. The staff is awesome.

January 17th, 2015
Bedside manner of Attila the Hun
Complete jerk! Unfortunately, he was the doctor on call this morning. I was in dire pain from not one surgery but two - (the last one 3 days ago). I was in agony - unable to swallow without pain and barely able to speak. Dr. Berman wouldn't let me explain the situation and said impatiently, "Yeah, I know, I know, so what's the problem?" And then when I explained it, he said that there was nothing else he could suggest for the pain. His exact parting words, at the speed of an anxious auctioneer were: "Drink a lot of water. Hydration, hydration, hydration. Good luck, sweetie." CLICK. He hung up. (Apparently this review won't post without one star, so I am grudgingly giving him one.)

September 10th, 2013
A Positive Experience
Despite the negative reviews concerning Dr. Berman, my experience and encounter with him was extremely positive. Like myself, Dr. Berman is a straight-shooter and tells it "like it is" with respect to a medical condition. I found his bedside manner to be affable, was informative and answered any questions and cleared up any confusion I had regarding my condition. Dr. Berman stayed the course while treating my condition and kept me informed throughout the process as to how "we" were doing to resolve the problem. I would highly recommend Dr. Berman for any ENT issues. Together with his courteous and friendly staff, this ranked as a most positive experience.

July 5th, 2013
This man is very rude. He is totally offensive. Never even said hello of introduced himself. He thinks he gods gift to the world. Staff was nice, easy to get appointment. I now know why, people won't go back. I think he is sexiest, He shook hands with my husband at end off appointment an treated me, the patient , as if I weren't in the room! Interesting the varied reviews. Wonder if those who love him are male and those who are unhappy are women. I will not return and think its time to leave the entire north shore medical group. Their doctors don't care about the patient.

June 5th, 2013
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Berman is an excellent doctor. I found him to be a rare gem in this pill pushing age of medicine. He is extremely competent, friendly and straight forward. I love his straight forward approach to patient care, I do not agree with the other bad reviews on here at all. These must be people who wanted to tell him what their diagnosis was and expected him to just agree with them. I would recommend this doctor to anyone and everyone! I wish he was a GP, I would love him as my regular doctor!! There really should be more doctors like him out there!!

June 2nd, 2013
I don't get these reviews.
Dr. Berman is a great Doctor. I have been seeing him for over 10 years and have never had a problem. I like the fact that that he does not coddle his patients and says what's on his mind. I would hate to see a few negative reviews from what I think are some overly sensitive people damage the reputation of a very good Doctor. Not many satisfied people write reviews. Please, keep that in mind.

May 27th, 2013
I would highly recommend Dr. Berman
I found Dr. Berman to be extremely intelligent, courteous and just the opposite of the other reviews. Dr. Berman took the time to explain everything to me and answered all my questions. He was one of the few doctors I have been to that made me feel relaxed and comfortable. Every time I have seen him he has had a great bedside manner. The first time I saw Dr. Berman was when I wound up in the hospital with a very serious sinus infection. Out of all the doctors who treated me at the hospital, he is the only one I looked forward to seeing on his daily visits. By following his advice and using the medications he prescribed, my infection cleared up, and has not recurred. I have had several follow up visits and have always found him to be friendly and professional. I find him to be quite down to earth and yet a no nonsense doctor.

March 27th, 2013
Most Horrible Doctor - Wanted to walk out
I went to see Dr. Berman today. I came home traumatized. As the other reviews mention he is arrogant, cocky, and obnoxious. I am a well educated person and tried having a conversation with him mabout my condition. He just got up in my face, asked me where I went to Medical School, told me that I am not a doctor, and then proceeded to tell me how many thousands of patients he has treated. He was totally beraiting. That's just a small portion of what hapepned. I came within a few seconds of walking out. Do yourself a favor, and STAY AWAY from Dr. Berman.

January 18th, 2013
I had a terrible experience with Dr. Berman. His bedside manner is atrocious, he comes across as cocky, arrogant, and opinionated. I went to him complaining of extreme sinus irritation following a fall in which I had possibly broken my nose. I also showed him a report from a previous MRI, showing a sizeable sinus polyp. His response, “the polyp is of no concern, the possible break in my nose, If it doesn't bother you & looks OK, don't worry about it". His solution for my irritated nasal passage, "drink more water & use a saline nasal spray". He then spent about 30 seconds looking at my throat, nose, & ears, to which he commented, "that's the most inflamed nose I’ve seen in a while”. His solution for my irritated nasal passage, "drink more water & use a saline nasal spray". He then spent about 30 seconds looking at my That evening I started running a fever & had a sore throat. In the morning I called the office & didn't hear back until 4:00 in the afternoon. it was his nurse who returned my call with Dr. Berman’s message "drink more water & if you don't feel better in a few days, contact your primary care physician. If you are in need of a ENT doctor, do yourself a favor and find one with more compassion & competence than Dr. Berman.