2.5

Nasty man show details Nasty man
Jul 2nd, 2015

Shame on him! I went to him because I have had a headache for 6 weeks and he just made it worse! I tried to explain what happened to me and he asked if I could just cut to the chase and make it quick. How long did it take for me to say " I inhaled water when snorkeling. I bent my head and water came out and then it happened again, and then again and .... ok that's as far as I got! He shook me up with his attitude, my voice got shaky and now he says " Oh come on, there's on crying here! " When I said I am just trying to explain, he tells me it's for my sake that he cut me off because he wants to spend time with me helping me... sure, ok! Very disappointed in his attitude and his suggestions. Mount Sinai disappointed!

by Carol M on Jun 15th, 2015

I took my son who is on the Autism Spectrum to see Dr Berman. When he came in, he did not introduce himself or greet us in any way. His first question was "What have you been doing over the past 2 weeks?" When we asked for clarification, he got annoyed and began listing activities. He did a very brief examination. He asked for results from recent CT scan, and when I didn't answer quickly enough, he grabbed the report out of my hand. Said my son's medications were causing his issue and he should cut some of them out, without even inquiring about the necessity of them. Gave brief instructions, claimed how to perform massage on salivary gland would be in written instructions. They were not. Arrogant, rude. There are too many other good and polite doctors around to put up with this nonsense. The staff is awesome.

Bedside manner of Attila the Hun show details Bedside manner of Attila the Hun
Jan 17th, 2015

Complete jerk! Unfortunately, he was the doctor on call this morning. I was in dire pain from not one surgery but two - (the last one 3 days ago). I was in agony - unable to swallow without pain and barely able to speak. Dr. Berman wouldn't let me explain the situation and said impatiently, "Yeah, I know, I know, so what's the problem?" And then when I explained it, he said that there was nothing else he could suggest for the pain. His exact parting words, at the speed of an anxious auctioneer were: "Drink a lot of water. Hydration, hydration, hydration. Good luck, sweetie." CLICK. He hung up. (Apparently this review won't post without one star, so I am grudgingly giving him one.)

A gorilla has more empathy than berman!!!! show details A gorilla has more empathy than berman!!!!
Aug 3rd, 2014

This egotistical moron shouldn't be allowed to practice medicine......... I should've trusted my instinct and suffer through the weekend..... Word of advice to dr cornetta........keep using this moron for backup and you will lose your patients too. I've never written a review about any doctor, bad or good because mostly I've had good experiences. BUT I FEEL THIS GUY IS SUCH A JERK I HAD TO LET PEOPLE KNOW! Rating is negative gazillion !!!!!! Berman I wish you get sick one day and you get a doctor like yourself JERK!!!!

A Positive Experience show details A Positive Experience
by Tom M. 9/9/13 visit on Sep 10th, 2013

Despite the negative reviews concerning Dr. Berman, my experience and encounter with him was extremely positive. Like myself, Dr. Berman is a straight-shooter and tells it "like it is" with respect to a medical condition. I found his bedside manner to be affable, was informative and answered any questions and cleared up any confusion I had regarding my condition. Dr. Berman stayed the course while treating my condition and kept me informed throughout the process as to how "we" were doing to resolve the problem. I would highly recommend Dr. Berman for any ENT issues. Together with his courteous and friendly staff, this ranked as a most positive experience.

Jul 5th, 2013

This man is very rude. He is totally offensive. Never even said hello of introduced himself. He thinks he gods gift to the world. Staff was nice, easy to get appointment. I now know why, people won't go back. I think he is sexiest, He shook hands with my husband at end off appointment an treated me, the patient , as if I weren't in the room! Interesting the varied reviews. Wonder if those who love him are male and those who are unhappy are women. I will not return and think its time to leave the entire north shore medical group. Their doctors don't care about the patient.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
by Susan C on Jun 5th, 2013

Dr. Berman is an excellent doctor. I found him to be a rare gem in this pill pushing age of medicine. He is extremely competent, friendly and straight forward. I love his straight forward approach to patient care, I do not agree with the other bad reviews on here at all. These must be people who wanted to tell him what their diagnosis was and expected him to just agree with them. I would recommend this doctor to anyone and everyone! I wish he was a GP, I would love him as my regular doctor!! There really should be more doctors like him out there!!

I don't get these reviews. show details I don't get these reviews.
by Jimmy on Jun 2nd, 2013

Dr. Berman is a great Doctor. I have been seeing him for over 10 years and have never had a problem. I like the fact that that he does not coddle his patients and says what's on his mind. I would hate to see a few negative reviews from what I think are some overly sensitive people damage the reputation of a very good Doctor. Not many satisfied people write reviews. Please, keep that in mind.

I would highly recommend Dr. Berman show details I would highly recommend Dr. Berman
May 27th, 2013

I found Dr. Berman to be extremely intelligent, courteous and just the opposite of the other reviews. Dr. Berman took the time to explain everything to me and answered all my questions. He was one of the few doctors I have been to that made me feel relaxed and comfortable. Every time I have seen him he has had a great bedside manner. The first time I saw Dr. Berman was when I wound up in the hospital with a very serious sinus infection. Out of all the doctors who treated me at the hospital, he is the only one I looked forward to seeing on his daily visits. By following his advice and using the medications he prescribed, my infection cleared up, and has not recurred. I have had several follow up visits and have always found him to be friendly and professional. I find him to be quite down to earth and yet a no nonsense doctor.

Most Horrible Doctor - Wanted to walk out show details Most Horrible Doctor - Wanted to walk out
Mar 27th, 2013

I went to see Dr. Berman today. I came home traumatized. As the other reviews mention he is arrogant, cocky, and obnoxious. I am a well educated person and tried having a conversation with him mabout my condition. He just got up in my face, asked me where I went to Medical School, told me that I am not a doctor, and then proceeded to tell me how many thousands of patients he has treated. He was totally beraiting. That's just a small portion of what hapepned. I came within a few seconds of walking out. Do yourself a favor, and STAY AWAY from Dr. Berman.

Jan 18th, 2013

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Berman. His bedside manner is atrocious, he comes across as cocky, arrogant, and opinionated. I went to him complaining of extreme sinus irritation following a fall in which I had possibly broken my nose. I also showed him a report from a previous MRI, showing a sizeable sinus polyp. His response, “the polyp is of no concern, the possible break in my nose, If it doesn't bother you & looks OK, don't worry about it". His solution for my irritated nasal passage, "drink more water & use a saline nasal spray". He then spent about 30 seconds looking at my throat, nose, & ears, to which he commented, "that's the most inflamed nose I’ve seen in a while”. His solution for my irritated nasal passage, "drink more water & use a saline nasal spray". He then spent about 30 seconds looking at my That evening I started running a fever & had a sore throat. In the morning I called the office & didn't hear back until 4:00 in the afternoon. it was his nurse who returned my call with Dr. Berman’s message "drink more water & if you don't feel better in a few days, contact your primary care physician. If you are in need of a ENT doctor, do yourself a favor and find one with more compassion & competence than Dr. Berman.

Nov 14th, 2012

the staff was courteous, and professional. I was pleased with this dr. he was very thorough, gave me a sample of medication which my insurance co. would not pay for, so he contacted the pharmacy and ordered another drug. He culd definitely use a partner, he is over-worked.

Worst doctor experience I've ever had. show details Worst doctor experience I've ever had.
Feb 23rd, 2012

This was by far the worst doctor experience I've ever had.Doctor Berman spent very little time addressing my concerns and he asked me to read a pamphlet while he typed something up. Furthermore, when I asked him a question Doctor Burman became defensive, raised his voice, came very close to me, pointed his finger in my face, and yelled at me. He insisted that he had explained himself sufficiently and that he was not going to repeat himself; although my question was not about what he had been discussing.I felt unbelievably uncomfortable in this session. He was disrespectful, rude, inappropriate, and utterly UNPROFESSIONAL the entire time. It baffles me how someone who has such a poor bedside manner continues to practice. I will never forget this horrifying experience. Do yourself a favor and save yourself from a terrible experience and go to another doctor who is emotionally stable and invested in the wellbeing of their patients!

I never worried at all show details I never worried at all
Jul 12th, 2011

DR. Berman was recommended to me by a client. after meeting with him I never worried one min. Including while I was in the Hospital readdy to go in. I was extreemly confident in him and his work. I have reccomended family and friends and always will.