A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Stevens:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Peter Stevens is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Stevens, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Barrett Esophagus
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Esophageal Diseases
- Pancreatic Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Stevens graduated from Columbia University, New York.
Dr. Stevens has 7 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Stevens accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 14 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 2 plans
- Health Plus - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Peter D. Stevens practice?
Dr. Peter Stevens practices Gastroenterology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Paramus, NJ.
See New York Gastroenterologists.