Dr. Peter Desilva Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Peter Desilva?

June 9th, 2016

Patient

What a complete obnoxious rude hostile human being. He has no business working as physician whatsoever. Easily the worst experience I have ever had with the hundreds of visits I have had with doctors in my lifetime. Said things like, "why are you wasting my time...why do I have to sit here and listen to you...get out...don't ever come back" All...because I saw him instead of my normal doctor because she was out of town. He tried to start a physical altercation with me as well. Tried to provoke into a fight. He tried to act like he was going to attack me with one of those fake flinch moves people do when you are face to face with them.

May 31st, 2016

I had been prescribed antidepressants and anti anxiety meds by my former PCP, who ended up retiring and referring me to Dr. Desilva. Dr. Desilva apparently knew a member of my family, and chose to take me off of ALL medications cold turkey and refused to refill prescriptions, stating that he didn't want to get in trouble with this family member. I have had other family members experience this same "care" from Dr. Desilva. It would have been much more appropriate for him to just refuse to see my family as patients instead of taking us off of the medications we need to function.

April 19th, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr. DeSilva for over 20 years. Not only have all his diagnosis and care been spot on, but he always takes whatever time I need to answer all my questions. When surgery was required, he referred me to excellent specialists who in turn have been terrific. I give him and his staff nothing but glowing remarks.

January 4th, 2016

He Cares...

Dr. DeSilva takes the time to talk to you and make sure that he understands everything behind what is going on to cause the illness. He will not just throw medicine at the issue, rather he looks for you to help in the recovery through activity or diet modification. He looks to cure you long term, not just put a patch on it and send you away. He genuinely cares about your well being.

October 9th, 2014

Unexceptable

I highely dislike the fact that he has told my daughter to diet and excersize to lose weight when she is CLEARLY not over weight. He not only has told her once but multiple times. There is NO excuse for this and totally unnessesary.

May 12th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. DeSilva as my general practitioner for about 3 years. He diagnosed me with eczema after a very professional and non intrusive skin exam. As a 23 year old female he has never made me feel the slightest bit uncomfortable, and has always treated me with professional courtesy. I would recommend Dr. DeSilva to any female friends or family and appreciate the true care he has for his patients.

September 16th, 2013

Mr. Popularity

I think Dr. DeSilva cares more about being likeable more than he about the welfare of the patient. He put on a show of caring, but refused to write a prescription for a very necessary device. More often than not he made acne the focus of the visit over much more serious concerns. Don't go to him unless your reason for the visit isn't serious and you can stand up to someone who is stubborn and puts his own practice first. Even then, good luck.

July 16th, 2013

All over a late fee

I had a very disappointing and confrontational experience with Dr. Desilva's front office person, Julie. We had a minor billing issue after we moved to our new home and Julie called me to notify me of the balance which was 100% more than originally owed due to 3 months of $35 late fees. I apologized and told her I would pay the balance immediately over the phone. However, Julie proceeded to tell me that they did not receive any returned mail for me and I would still be responsible for the balance due. She made me feel as if I was lying about our change of address and continued to argue with me about what I need to pay. I called back and asked to speak with Dr. Desilva about removing the late fees so I could pay the original balance ($100) in full but I was told that she already spoke to him and there is nothing more she can do for me. I made a third attempt to pay my bill and once again was met with aggression and hostility. I told her I would let Dr.Desilva know that he is about to lose a lifetime of patients (we are a family of 3) over late fees. She told me to "go ahead" and told me my account would be sent to collections. Sure enough, it was sent to collections. Why would we want to remain patients after this? It is such a shame :-(

February 17th, 2012

Caring physicians and staff

Dr. DeSilva probably saved my life by insisting that I needed to get a colonoscopy without delay. I was overdue and fearful of the procedure but he explained it to me in detail and let me know he had already had a couple of colonoscopies and there was nothing to fear. I went the next week for my colonoscopy and came out being told I had three pre-cancerous polyps that without them being taken out at the size they were, very likely would have turned into colon cancer. Dr. DeSilva's direct but caring style makes you know he wants the best for you.

August 22nd, 2011

Excellent Doctor

I am not fond of male doctors as they seem so insensitive at times, but during my care with Dr. De Silva, I was amazed at his patience and understanding with me. I regret that he is no longer my doctor as I moved to another state, but if I was still here, he would still be my doctor. He really cares about his patients and I recommend him highly

May 19th, 2011

Patient since 2004

I have been a patient for 7+ years, 3 of those as an out-of-state patient (we talked by phone or mail) I have recently returned to So California and no longer live near Dr DeSilva and must drive 1.5 hours to see him, but I do not want to switch doctors. He is very competent, refers me to others when I need to see a specialist. I will always keep him as my primary doctor, because he is very knowledgeable,is easy to see and is very caring. He takes the time to accommodate you and has a great bedside manner.

May 19th, 2010

Nickel and Diming

We have been long time patients of Dr. DeSilva however after requesting an appt. clearly to fill out a physical for our daughters and being told it was going to cost an extra $20 just till fill in some boxes on a form above and beyond our copay we no longer feel Dr. DeSilva is working for the interests of his patients but clearly just to make money. You should be ashamed of yourself Dr. DeSilva. This on top of his lack of follow through when my wife had to go to the hospital for an emergency and there was no follow through on Dr. DeSilva even after I spoke personally with him to inform him of the situation clearly not caring for a long standing patient.