A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Dumas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Peter Dumas, Adult Gastroenterologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Dumas
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Patient Education Vitals patient guide for information about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) symptoms and causes of IBS.Before Visiting Dr. Dumas Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Dumas, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colonic Polyps
- Fecal Incontinence
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Stomach Ulcer
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Dumas graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Dumas has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Bon Secours - Venice Hospital
- Engelwood Community Hospital
- Venice Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Peter Robert Dumas MD is a male Internist, has 30 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Peter R. Dumas practice?
- Dr. Peter Dumas has 1 office location.
Dr. Peter Dumas practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Venice, FL.
See Venice Internists and Venice Gastroenterologists.