Dr. Peter Bloom Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Bristol, CT

• Good
  • Bad

January 23rd, 2017
This doctor figured out my stomach issues and I am proud to say I have not had the issues since. I always commend him for his attentiveness and skill. He is part of a great practice.

June 20th, 2013
Dr. Bloom is not as experienced as he should be
Dr. Bloom is a nice guy but he missed many important details that were vital to my health. I needed to find a G.I. that I can feel comfortable with who would work with me to get me through this, but on my second visit to Dr. Bloom's office he had missed or forget about critical information (I had my colon removed about three months before and was still bleeding and had sharp pains on my left side) that he had known about during my first visit. He sent me for a pill cam between visits but this took over two month and when I finally got back in to see him he showed me the slides from the pill cam and commented "wow, these two perforations are concerning." When I asked for more details (level of concern, is there internal leakage, what do we do to fix it) he said he wasn't sure because one of the other doctors in the office read the slides and he was relaying what he was told. This was not fair to me at all...I was so upset. I had questions and he was more concerned about rushing me out the door with and scheduled colonoscopy over a month away. Any person going through what I am going through knows that even a few days feels like forever and I just couldn't take another month of feeling like crap all the time. When I left the office I sat in my car and cried...I was still bleeding during bowel movements, I still had sharp pain on my left side of my abdomen all the time, I had fissure with throbbing and pain (in the ring area) and now I was getting fevers at night...I was very scared but he didn't ask about any of this or even give me the time to tell him if it was still that bad. To be fair, I was about 5mins late for my appt. but I would of rather him reschedule me and refer me to someone else if he didn't have enough time to properly treat me. I went to the emergency room the next day and they put my on iv antibiotics...the ER doctor told me I had a severe infection with micro perforations and I need to find a different G.I. doctor. Dr. Bloom might be a nice guy but he dropped the ball when it came to my health and I am tired of feeling sick...I'm looking to find a new G.I. doctor.

February 5th, 2017