Dr. Peter Franklin, MD
Family Practitioner, General Practitioner
Video profile

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore.
Jun 30th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I'm part of the Monterey Bay Aquarium dive team. because of my age I see Dr. Franklin once a year for a complete check-up. The Dr. is so easy to get along with. He has a great sense of humor yet is very professional at the same time. I'm very happy!

Jun 26th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin is the best. He is very thorough and willingly answers questions. I really appreciate his sense of humor.

Jun 24th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin is very thorough explaining my blood work to me. My health has never been better, I recommend Dr. Franklin to my friends and family.

Jun 23rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin is an outstanding physician who always takes the time to answer all my medical questions completely. He is very personable and professional at the same time. In 15 years as his patient I have always received excellent advice.

Jun 20th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Peter Franklin is great

Jun 12th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin is the best family doctor we have ever had.

Jun 6th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Very professional & good natured Addressed all my concerns & refers me to other good doctors in my network

Jun 5th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Extraordinary personal attention from Dr. Franklin and staff. I've been a patient for more than 25 years, and he's the man!

Jun 3rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

excellant

May 27th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Very understanding.

May 26th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Excellent knowledge, spoke clearly, clear directions.

May 22nd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr Franklin is a professional practitioner who is genuinely concerned for his patients. He takes time to listen and understand and then explains issues and treatment. He also makes himself available for follow up queries.

May 20th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

My visits are always a pleasure .Nicki, at the front desk, is always bright , charming, and helpful. Dr Franklin is warm, caring, and thorough and always addresses my concerns fully.

May 8th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I had an emergency and was seen and treated right away, even though the doctor was going to be leaving in two hours. 5 star rating!

May 8th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I always have a positive experience with Dr Franklin. I have never had to wait long for an appointment. He is a great doctor and I recommend him highly.

Apr 19th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr Franklin is the kind of doctor that would fit in a Norman Rockwell painting.

Apr 10th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

A little rushed but cared. Somewhat blunt but wanted to emphasize importance of health matters. Very thorough and to the point.

Apr 10th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I was very impressed with Dr Franklin and his staff. I was early & he saw me 5 min before my appt. Staff was very friendly and Dr Franklin was super.

Apr 7th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Outstanding.

Mar 3rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin and his staff have always been professional, courteous and responsive to my needs and concerns.

Mar 3rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr Franklin displays both medical proficiency and patient empathy. His cheerful manner is also reflected in the efficient and happy team at the practice.

Feb 25th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Clean and professionally run office with competent, helpful, and pleasant staff. Appointment was orchestrated well with minimal wait time. Dr respected my questions, took the time to explain so I understood my health and my role staying healthy.

Feb 20th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

My Doctor is great also the staff! Thank you for caring for us.

Feb 19th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin is absolutely the best!

Feb 10th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Sometimes he's good sometime he's not. Like why I have to take 2 physical check ups for 2 blood draws for checking the liver.

Feb 6th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Great care in a supportive, friendly environment.

Feb 5th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin is a good doctor and a good communicator. He listens to the patient, is open to new ideas and research and will give those ideas and research thoughtful consideration before embarking you on the slippery slope of permanent medication.

Feb 4th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin is a bit quirky but an excellent doctor. He seems to keep up on current medical practices. As far as I can tell, his practice has successfully converted to electronic records.

Jan 23rd, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin is the best doctor I've ever had.

Jan 16th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I am treated very well on every visit. Everyone in the office is enthusiastic and present a great atmosphere. All of my concerns are always addressed or I am referred to a specialist when required. Outstanding medical office and Doctor!!!!!

Jan 16th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr Franklin is the best. I have complete confidence in him and always believe I'm being heard and respected.

Jan 15th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Wait time in the Waiting room is much too long. This needs to be addressed.

Jan 13th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I have been going to Dr. Franklin for over 6 years now. I've never had the pleasure before him of having a family physician that actually appears to have a genuine concern for my health and well-being.

Jan 13th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

I came in with a list of five problems, and Dr. F. got through all of them. The appointment was set of to deal with blood chemistry, done quickly. The others were a referral to a surgeon (no kidding), followup on cortisone, toe splinting, and skin care.

Jan 13th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin is the best!

Jan 9th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

A Talented, Professional and Caring Physician. Bill

Jan 9th, 2015 on patientfusion.com

Love love love Dr. Franklin

Dec 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The doctor spent more than enough time with me to understand my health condition in details. He asked many important questions and gave me the feedback I need to achieve my goal. The front desk employees were very nice and courteous.

Dec 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin's office has help me treat my long-term depression. In helping me understand my blood work, Dr. Franklin was firm and non-judgemental when advising me of behavior modification I needed to do. I love his service and mannerism.

Dec 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin and his team are the best I have visited on the Central Coast. My reasons for liking Dr. Franklin's office include on-time appointments, clarity of communication, his competent staff, and most of all being treated seriously and with respect.

Dec 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

AS ALWAYS, I ENJOY MY VISITS WITH DR FRANKLIN. HE AND HIS STAFF ARE KNOWLEDGEABLE, FRIENDLY AND PROFESSIONAL. MY ISSUES ARE ALWAYS ADDRESSED TO MY SATISFACTION AND OUR EXCHANGES ARE ALWAYS PLEASANT, EVEN QUITE HUMOROUS. KUDOS!!

Dec 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Staff is friendly and prompt

Nov 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

It was great to finally find a new family practice MD and begin to take steps necessary to get my health moving in a positive direction...and as an added bonus that you have a background in diving medicine as I wish to return to the underwater realm

Nov 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Peter Franklin is such a kind, wonderful Doctor who is extremely knowledgeable. I recommend him highly to everyone I know.

Nov 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent, as always.

Nov 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

He is the best primary care physician I have ever had!

Nov 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Everyone in the office was so friendly and helpful! That was the fastest appointment I've ever experienced. We are so happy to have been referred to Dr. Franklin!

Nov 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

We really appreciate Dr. Franklin's honesty, candor and straightnes to the point. He is very knowledgeable and pleasant.!

Nov 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My recent visit to Dr. Franklin was outstanding. He was professional, thorough, and took time to listen carefully to my medical concerns. Over the several years, he has provided consistently excellent medical care to me.

Oct 31st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin is very professional and I have never had a negative experience. I would highly recommend Dr. Franklin as your physician.

Oct 31st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I've been seeing Dr. Franklin for over 10 years and have always felt that he really cares about his patients. Addresses my concerns thoroughly. Office staff competent and personable. Makes going to the doctor "painless".

Oct 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent comprehensive evaluation and diagnosis with full explanation of plan and ramifications for future wellness plan.

Oct 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I told him that I need Pneumonia shot. He told me that I am already had the shot on July 10, 2014. But I did not have a shot for Pneumonia yet, when I check my notebook on that day I was having rashes and itchy and the Pneumonia shot was delayed.

Oct 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Oct 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Thorough practitioner. Good staff.

Oct 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Always excellent care and attention to my medical.health needs.

Oct 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I only see Dr. Franklin for my aquarium dive physical. I have my own family doctor so I had no medical concern. I would recommend him if someone I know is looking for a family doctor.

Oct 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr.Franklin is an excellent doctor. He is always helpful and concerned about his patients.

Sep 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Franklin is a professional and friendly doctor who is genuinely interested in his patients. His team are really engaging and supportive!

Sep 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Always a productive visit with Dr. Franklin.

Sep 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin is a true veteran and knows his stuff!

Sep 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

DR. FRANKLIN IS ALWAYS VERY FRIENDLY YET PROFESSIONAL. HE IS EFFICIENT AND KNOWLEDGEABLE YET NEVER MAKES ONE FEEL RUSHED. ALL MY CONCERNS ARE ADDRESSED AND EXPLANATIONS WHEN NEEDED ARE CONCISE AND UNDERSTANDABLE.

Sep 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

None better

Sep 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

He's caring and easy to talk to.

Sep 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Everyone at Dr. Franklin's office is so friendly and helpful. Nikki in the front office is so accommodating and awesome at getting you in for an appointment as soon as possible!

Aug 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

As always, the team in the office was efficient and very friendly. Dr. Franklin is one of those physicians that talks to you rather than at you, and I have yet to exit his office without knowing exactly what he found and exactly what I should be doing.

Aug 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin is very caring. In this world "doc in the box" medicine, it's great to have a caring reliable doctor.

Aug 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Peter Franklin has been my primary care physician for the last one and a half years. In the time, I have received the best medical evaluation and advice that I have ever received. He and his office provide great followup. I certainly recommend him.

Aug 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I love DR. Franklin

Aug 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Today 4 of us waiting in the hall. NICKI said she was glad she came in early as the person who was supposed to be there at 8 was late. There appears to be a lack of "team spirit" at times . Regardless, Dr. Franklin is GREAT recommend him 300%!

Aug 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin is very professional and a great person. I would highly recommend Dr. Franklin, great staff.

Aug 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The receptionist Nikki always finds a way to get me in quickley when I need to be seen, she's the consumate proffesional!

Jul 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Cordial, professional patient care provided at every visit!!

Jul 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Thank you!

Jul 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The staff at Franklin Medical is incredibly awesome! I first met with a nurse practioner who listened to my concerns and helped me with a long-term issue I was having and decided to finally deal with. Dr. Franklin is awesome and I highly recommend.

Jul 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Franklin and his staff are extraordinary. They are always on time, Mickey does a wonderful job at the front desk, and Dr Franklin is fabulous. He is what you would want in a doctor in every respect.

Jul 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My appointment (yearly physical) was fast, painless and thorough. Medical Assistant and office manager were efficient and most courteous. I appreciate their efficiency, but did not feel rushed. All my questions were answered

Jul 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I don't live in the Monterey area. I'm a diver at the Monterey Bay Aquarium and as divers we have dive physicals. We see Dr. Franklin for all of our dive physical needs. I'm a wheelchair user and that doesn't effect how the Doctor works with me a all!

Jul 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very attentive, concerned and informative doctor. Highly recommend.

Jun 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin is very professional, good sense of humor and great beside manner. To top it all off, he knows what he is doing!! I have some ongoing health maintenance issues and he tracks them very closely. I know I am in good hands with him.

Jun 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Always stellar service in all aspects of patient care! Front office staff always accomodating and patient. Dr Franklin has always impressed me with his thorough approach patient care AND especially his willingness to address any concerns and questions.

Jun 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The whole office and staff of Dr. Franklin has been the most pleasant experience I have yet encountered in a private family practice. Thoughtful, compassionate, and thorough, they don't just stand by quality care; they live it.

Jun 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My experience with Dr. Franklin was great! Not having been to the doctor in several years I was quite uneasy and worried. Dr. Franklin put at ease with his upfront and enthusiastic approach. Fortunately my results were quite good ,beyond my expectation.

May 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The whole staff was friendly, welcoming, curtious and professional. I showed up early and they allowed me to provide urine sample prior to appointment. The practice reminds me of what a neighbor doctor would be like in the old days. Highly recommend!

May 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin always takes the time to discuss all my concerns. I treasure him.

May 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Need more communications, knowledges and more understanding each other and lack experiences.

May 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great doctor, keeps informed on the latest news and best practices in the field of medicine and nutrition, good sense of humor too.

May 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin and his staff are always professional and good humored. They take very good care of me and my family.

Apr 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Franklin is knowledgeable and willing to answer any questions. I have seen him for over four yrs and always appreciate his Candor, caring and good humored approach. His staff is kind and efficient.

Apr 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin listened to the history of my symptoms intently before he made his diagnosis. I feel the right decision was made for treatment.

Mar 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Franklin is our family physician and a wonderful, caring, competent healer and friend. I can't recommend him highly enough.

Mar 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The customer service across this entire office is outstanding. Dr. Franklin takes whatever time is necessary to knowledgeably address the present health concerns, as well as answering any other questions or concerns presented. My highest recommendation.

Mar 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I ALWAYS ENJOY MY VISITS TO DR FRANKLIN'S OFFICE. THE STAFF IS ALWAYS PLEASANT, FRIENDLY, AND EFFICIENT. NICKY, THE RECEPTIONIST, IS ALWAYS A WELCOMING DELIGHT. DR FRANKLIN IS KNOWLEDGEABLE AND ALWAYS ADDRESSES MY CONCERNS. FUN YET PROFESSIONAL.

Mar 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My issue was simple, and it was handled appropriately. Perhaps I should apologize for giving Dr. Franklin an easy issue. I would like to give him something more challenging, but I don't want to get sick to do it! I'm grateful for the routine checkup.

Mar 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Doctor Franklin is very thorough,organized and explains things clearly.He listens and asks questions that are addressed immediately .

Mar 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin is great. He tells it to you straight, but he is a nice doctor as well. He apologized for being late, when another appointment ran too long. He is sincere, and I would highly recommend him.

Mar 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Doctor was very good, the blood draw was not. The young lady was rushed, stuck me 3 times and said after the 1st time we will try 1 more time then I will have to send you out (she was flustered). I had to calm her down! She should know better.

Mar 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have difficulty with the Pharmacy and the office but don't know where the issue lies. My suspicion is the pharmacy!

Excellent as usual

Mar 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Franklin is very caring & professional. He takes the time to discuss your concerns. One of the best around. Ken

Mar 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great family physician!

Feb 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

i always have an excellent experience.

Jan 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have never had so much fun at a physical. Thanks Dr. Franklin!

Jan 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

This office is so professional and friendly,Dr. Franklin is amazing, so kind and generous with his time I trust him. I would recommend this office to everyone who needs a top notch doctor and professional staff.

Jan 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great communication. Always listens and addresses my concerns. Excellent doctor!

Jan 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I'm a new patient. When calling around looking for a new provider I immediately was drawn to Dr. Franklin's office because of the front desk. Extremely polite, courteous and very friendly. EVERYONE at the office is great, nice, friendly and professional

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Very incomptent billing clerk show details Very incomptent billing clerk
Apr 6th, 2012

A competent Dr will not have a lazy, dishonest , rude and incompetent billing clerk. I have visited the office 3 times for routine preventative care covered fully by my insurance. For each visit I had to spend a lot of time on phone with my insurance office trying to clear the coding of the Claims. She couldn't be bothered to find correct coding and also charged me for the in-network adjustment which is illegal. She hanged the phone on me when confronted with her dubious behavior. When I went through friends bills, found a lot of similar stuff. Co pay being charged again and so on. Be very careful when you visit this office. Question their bills with your health care provider. Just dont accept what they offer you as no care is taken for coverage and they deliberately will offer routines , checks not offered by insurance so they can charge you fully. An office with a good billing routine most likely will have better doctors. NOT THIS ONE. BE VERY AWARE. The good reviews are probably posted by their office stuff.

Couldn't be more pleased show details Couldn't be more pleased
Feb 2nd, 2011

If you have to go to the doctor because you are sick or because you need your medications monitored....you couldn't ask for a better office. At first I questioned the appointments for my medications until I understood how quickly my health could change....now a 90 day check-in has saved me from a much more serious diagnosis. I thank God every day that I have a doctor who cares enough to put up with the grumbling that I did before. (I certainly don't grumble anymore). The staff is friendly and always has time for you. Most days you can get a same day appointment which is mostly unheard of with other physicians. The recordkeeping is constantly being upgraded and I am impressed with how much they do and still maintain a family friendly atmosphere. Dr. Franklin is attentive and direct and very professional. My overall experience has been a plus. I recommend him to all my friends and family.

No Nonsense, No Mysteries show details No Nonsense, No Mysteries
by Craig G Clark on Jan 20th, 2010

Dr. Franklin's brisk, up-beat approach to the problems of my son - a now 23-year-old brain damaged but highly functional man - is refreshing and effective. Though I am in the exam room, Franklin speaks to Jay and questions Jay, not me, and the directions he gives are given to him also. This has often not been my experience with other doctors, who tend to treat him as an idiot or as simply not present. Whatever his faults in the experience of others, we are impressed. We're grateful and gratified to be under his excellent care.