Dr. Peter Jensen MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

May 29th, 2015
Shouldn't have went to Provo :(
My vein journey began in Provo Utah, where I had my Greater Saphenous Vein closed using EVLT. I had leg pain & heaviness, as well as some down right hideous varicose veins on the back of my calf! I was told that there was no treatment for the ugly varicose vein, but my insurance covered the GSV closure... So, I paid the $460 and had the EVLT done. It's been 2 months & my leg is still painful to touch. I made an appointment with Dr. Jensen to discuss my ugly varicose veins. He gave me a couple different treatment options & I opted to do a micro-phlebectomy on my vein. Dr. Jensen was very honest with me that the procedure may not be successful do to the small vein size. Fortunately the procedure was a success & I am so thankful to Dr. Jensen! He is a talented vein surgeon with a wonderful bedside manner. I wish I would have went to him for my GSV closure using the VNUS method. After doing some research I have learned that the EVLT damages the nerves with heat and has a painful recovery. Save yourself pain & money, go to Dr. Jensen for your veins!