A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Egbert:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Peter Egbert is Good.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Egbert, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Cataract Surgery
- Cytomegalovirus Infections
- Eye Cancer
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- Glaucoma Surgery (Trabeculectomy)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Orbital Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Egbert graduated from Yale University, New Haven.
Dr. Egbert has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Egbert accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Santa Clara Family Health Plan - 3 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 11 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Peter R. Egbert practice?
Dr. Peter Egbert practices Ophthalmology near Palo Alto, CA.
Additional practice locations include: San Jose, CA and Stanford, CA.
See Palo Alto Ophthalmologists.