A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Ells:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Peter Ells is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Ells, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Colorectal Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Ells graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Ells has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Albany Medical Center Hospital
- Stony Brook University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ells accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 35 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Peter F. Ells practice?
Dr. Peter Ells practices Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, and Medical Oncology near Albany, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Stony Brook, NY and East Setauket, NY.
See Albany Internists, Albany Gastroenterologists, and Albany Oncologists.