Dr. Peter Fernandez MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

February 10th, 2017
He was rude to my husband who was in pain seeking his help. An arrogant doctor without a care to people with great suffering.
He was rude to my husband who was in pain seeking his help. An arrogant doctor without a care.

July 4th, 2016
Changed my life
Dr. Peter Fernandez is a credit to his field. After seeing a few doctors I was almost used to being treated as an ignorant nuisance at best- Dr. Fernandez changed all that. He is extremely knowledgable, thorough, and compassionate. If you are suffering, please don't. Go see him and his staff, they will take excellent care of you.

May 17th, 2016
Happy positive Dr.

March 14th, 2016
worst pain mgt i have experienced. i have been a patient at this office over 4 years with the previous owner, dr Fassy (who was the absolute most caring doctor i have experienced in ANY specialty). unfortunately, he retired about a year ago. i go monthly, and have only seen Fernandez ONCE in about a year now. he spends most of his time in his office pushing papers and enjoying the day without visiting with patients. BEWARE, this office is now owned by a conglomerate corp group and this is very apparent in treatment visits. the once caring staff i have known personally for all these years now treat you like a junkie instead of offering alternative treatments, and act as if they do not know you anymore. STAY AWAY if you are a long term chronic pain patient. I would rate a zero if i could. I hope the previous owner, dr fassy, does not see what has happened to the successful caring practice he spent 23 years building. dr fernandez has been in pain mgt only 1 year, and was an anesthesia dr previously, NOT the 9 yrs experience listed here. go elsewhere.

February 22nd, 2016
Simply awful doctor. I was mistreated and given a procedure that was disastrous. Stay away at all cost. Not sure who they are paying for all the positive reviews, but after my experience they couldn't possibly be true.

January 25th, 2016
Doe
Abßolutely the worst Dr. in any field have seen over the LAst 25 years. Could not be more judgemental. I wasn't there 3 minutes before he was positive I was aJunkie, which I am not. I then had a procedure done that I've had done by others many time and. He completely butchered the Job. Making my pain much worse. The n he cut my meds back to increase my suffering. Pretends to be spiritual guy with signs all over the office but nothing could be further from the truth.

September 4th, 2015
Extremely thorough with excellent bedside manner.
Staff very courteous, pleasant, and helpful. Dr Fernandez himself is a credit to his field. After seeing other doctors I can tell you he is very knowledgable, and understanding. He is also upfront and honest about treatment plans, expectations, and listens to your personal goals. After my first visit I highly recommend him! Sarasota is extremely fortunate to have his practice located here. If you're tired of seeing uncaring, unclear doctors then do yourself a favor and see Dr. Fernandez.

August 24th, 2015
excellent pain doctor
This doctor takes the time to listen to your concerns and addresses each of them. he finds out what is wrong and will try to fix it. He doesn't push pills at your and send you out the door. I'm very happy I met him.

June 30th, 2015
tc
I have only seeing this Dr for about 3 months but he is going to try some different things that no one else has done. I have degeative disc dasese nothing else has worked by other dr.I am 60 years old so I don't know what can be done I done know how much more pain I can take.some days i can't get out of bed so we will see I trust him.

June 24th, 2015
Dr. Peter Fernandez - the best Pain management Physician ever!!
Dr. Fernandez is one of the most caring, professional doctors I have had the pleasure to be a patient of. He has helped me so much, and always makes me feel that I am his #1 concern. I would give Dr. Fernandez my highest recommendation!

April 16th, 2015
Happy to take your money
No communication at all, company bought by huge conglomerate that is more concerned bout getting paid. Receptionist rude and abrasive, waiting room full of whiplash ambulance chasers. If there's a problem, manditory urine testing every vist that costs over $200. Insurance doesn't pay, they say it does, but it doesn't.

March 26th, 2015
BEST PAIN DR!
I wont let any dr do shots in my back, well Dr Fernandez is the best at it, I never had any problems and Iam finally getting control of the pain with his treatments and care, I was seeing 3 other pain dr before him with no luck, one I did a shot in my back and it hurt alot worse when he was done, not so with Dr Fernandez...he is very careful with not over medicating the problem, but anuff to keep you comfortable , I been to alot of pain dr's over the last 30yrs and I can say he is the best I have seen, he does care about you, most dr's could care less about you. If you looking for a pill pusher, keep looking, he isnt like that, which is good, you dont want to over dos on meds, which happens alot now adays...if your looking to get better or more comfortable with the pain you have, call this dr....the rest around sarasota or bradenton or a waste of time ....also if he does any injections in the spine or deep anywhere else, they are all done in a day surgery hospital, not in the office!