A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Fitzgerald:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Fitzgerald
Pulmonary Embolism Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications available by reading our pulmonary embolism patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Fitzgerald Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 22 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Blood Clot (Thrombosis)
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Atherectomy
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Restenosis
- Coronary Stenosis
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Transplantation
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Left Ventricular Dysfunction
- Myocardial Infarction
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Fitzgerald graduated from Dartmouth College, Hanover. He has 8 awards.
Dr. Fitzgerald has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Stanford Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Peter John Fitzgerald MD and PHD is a male Internist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Peter J. Fitzgerald practice?
- Dr. Peter Fitzgerald has 1 office location.
Dr. Peter Fitzgerald practices Cardiovascular Disease near Stanford, CA.
See Stanford Cardiologists.