Dr. Peter Frelinghuysen Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Peter Frelinghuysen?

Avoid this surgeon

Posted on September 20th, 2017

Dr. Frelinghysen is all about the money. He dropped the ball by not providing the correct collar after cervical spine surgery. He dropped it again when I contacted him after the surgery regarding intense post-surgical pain by telling me he couldn't do anything for me. Turns out I was experiencing muscle spasms that a relaxant would have treated. His office insisted on sending a messenger to pick up the insurance check after it paid on the surgery. This person was an absolute witch and turned me off to the practice. Frelinghysen was very excited to inform me that I needed additional surgery for another herniation and revision surgery for a failed fusion he did. When my husband and I were in his office for the pre-surgical consult for the second surgery, he turned tail and flew out of the exam room when I told him that I never gave him the green light for a laminectomy which he went and got insurance approval for without my knowledge. Turns out he failed to pick up on a genetic spine disease which created more problems for me because of his surgery. Please pass on this surgeon. I wish I did.

Back Surgery L4/L5

Posted on October 12th, 2016

My experience with Dr. Frelinghuysen was outstanding from start to finish. He explained each of my treatment options to my wife and I so we could make an informed decision regarding my care. Once we decided on surgery, he went to great lengths to inform us what the procedure involved and how my rehabilitation would be conducted. I have recommended him to friends and colleagues on several occasions without hesitation.

Posted on December 14th, 2015

Excellent surgeon in every way. He performed spinal fusion surgery on my Lumbar spine 4 years ago. That surgery gave me back my life.

Meetings with no exam at any time

Posted on March 18th, 2015

I saw him for initial consultation without exam. I was given orders for multiple tests that I had performed. Upon follw up visit, again no exam, and he didn't show me any reports of tests or data discs showing problems, all that he said was that I had a very bad back, but he could fix it. I am now under the care of a real doctor. I've been under several doctor's care for my back for 20 years, and have never received such shabby treatment. This guy is really practicing, not a professional at all!!!

Surgery went fantastic

Posted on September 19th, 2012

Dr. Frelinghuysen accurately diagnosed my problem and performed an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion on four levels. Before surgery, experienced servere pain and had pretty much lost use of my right arm. One year later, pain is gone and right arm is back not good as new but pretty good.

He is the best

Posted on August 29th, 2012

I saw Dr.Peter for the first time due to chronic back pain. He was very caring and understanding on how he spoke to me about the conditions I had which where herniated disks,bulging disks,pinch never also a dropped foot. He was very concern for my health and well being.I will forever be grateful for him and Dr. McCane

Cold shoulder

Posted on June 29th, 2012

No personality, very abrupt, rude, not concerned with the patients concerns.

Posted on June 22nd, 2012

My experience with Dr. Frelinghuysen was excellent. He made my family and me feel at ease. I had a very big surgery. I had a decompression and fusion of C3 - T1. The staff at his office and the staff and nurses and Lenox Hill are excellent. I don't have full ROM, but I am grateful to God and Dr. Frelinghuysen that I am walking. Again, thank you...

Stay Away!

Posted on March 3rd, 2011

The day I visited Dr. Frelinghysen, I was literally crying because the pain in my lower back was so intense. Dr. Frelinghysen showed no emotion or compassion. Dr. Frelinghysen suggested I consider having surgery to fuse my L5/s1 vertebrae based on my MRI. I asked Dr. Frelinghysen to fill out a form for time off from my job if needed and he refused. Dr. Frelinghysen told me he would only fill out my employment form if I scheduled an appointment for surgery! I was adamant about him filling out my employment form and reluctantly Dr. Frelinghysen agreed. When leaving his office the receptionists informed me that I would be charged a $25.00 for Dr. Frelinghysen filling out my employment form. I left the doctor's office with no advice as how to deal with my pain and no prescription for any pain medication. I left with the impression that Dr. Frelinghysen was only concerned with making money from performing surgeries and charging fee's to fill out forms. STAY AWAY!

$500 for 5 min visit

Posted on October 29th, 2010

THIS DOCTOR CHARGES $500 FOR A VISIT. TO SEE THE DOCTOR FOR 5 MINUTESCOST $325 (AT THE TIME) WHICH MY INSURANCE PAID, ALONG WITH MY CO-PAYMENT. I THEN ALSO DISCOVERED THAT I HAVE TO PAY AN EXTRA $175 OUT OF MY POCKET WHEN IRECEIVED A BILL IN THE MAIL. WHEN I SCHEDULED MY VISIT, THE OFFICE DID NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT PAYING THE REST OF THE BILL. THE OFFICE ALSO DIDN'T SPECIFY THAT THE DOCTOR ISN'T IN A NETWORK AND THAT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY THE REMAINING BALANCE. THIS REVIEW IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WORK HARD, PAY FOR INSURANCE AND THINK IT IS RIDICULOUS TO PAY $500 FOR A DOCTOR'S VISIT; WHICH IS MORE THAN WHAT MOST PEOPLE EARN IN ONE DAY. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH THE DOCTOR WILL CHARGE YOU BEFORE THE VISIT AND THIS DOCTOR'S OFFICE DID NOT EVEN HAVE THE COURTESY TO LET ME KNOW THE FULL COST OF THE VISIT.

Find time for new patients

Posted on October 2nd, 2010

Still waiting for my diagnosis. I am in extreme pain and he still has not prescribed medication.. I am thinking of going to someone else.

M FEDS

Posted on July 3rd, 2010

very concerned but come with all your questions. and had up to date info. a great personaity and wonderful humor.