Dr. Peter Galvan MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 4th, 2013
Saved my life
I have been a patient of Dr. Galvan's for many years. He discovered an tumor on my kidney which was successfully removed. As far as I'm concerned, he saved my life. I will always be greatful for the care given by this office.

October 21st, 2009
Horrifying experience visit was less than five minutes
I have worked at an exceptional hospital for well over 12years and have worked with many many physicians (some with bedside manners and others with none) NEVER have I EVER had an experience like this or experienced seeing this behavior from doctor to patient.I was referred to this man (I have a hard time referring to him as a physician since I know none that would do this) by an excellent doctor that I have and when I went to this man to see if he could help me with my symptoms it was a nightmare. I waited over 30 minutes to see him(I don't mind and that's not a long time IF YOU ACTUALLY GET TO SEE THE DOCTOR) Once I got in there and waited to see him, he came in with a bad attitude(that didn't frighten me because not all physicians have a good bedside manner but as long as they are professional and help treat me..that's the important factor. I told him that I wrote a few things down and would like to speak to him about it. Again he was rude and said, what's on the paper? I began to tell him what tests my other doctor ordered and what was found. I also told him that they put me on diet pills off and on.Keep in mind I just had a baby 1year ago and lost 32lbs already it's just that the weight is also connected with other internal issues that have been going on longer than before I had a baby. He did not get to hear any other symptoms. I only got to 2 LINES that I wrote before he stopped me and told me to SHUT UP ABOUT THE WEIGHT THING AND DON'T MENTION THAT AGAIN, OKAY...HE HEARD IT ALREADY. APPARENTLY YOU HAVE AN ADDICTION AND THERE IS NO WEIGHT PROBLEM YOU JUST NEED TO STOP EATING AND PUT THE FOOD DOWN! ENOUGH ABOUT THE WEIGHT! I WILL NOT DISCUSS THAT NOW WHAT ELSE IS ON THE PAPER?? I was in shock so, I decided not to say anything else. He then said to me that I would not get any diet pills from him and I said to him...I don't want diet pills from you. He said I NEVER SAID YOU WANTED THEM FROM ME, I SAID I AM NOT GIVING THEM TO YOU! HE PAUSED FOR A SECOND LOOKED AT ME AND SAID YOU KNOW WHAT?!! I'M DONE! I'M NOT TREATING YOU! YOU CAN JUST GET OUT OF HERE AND GO TO THE FRONT DESK! He then flipped his clipboard and SLAMMED THE DOOR AND LEFT ME ON THE EXAM TABLE BY MYSELF IN THE ROOM. I was in complete shock and slowly got my purse and walked out the office. I was so upset that I could not speak. In all the years of being around different personalities with doctors I have NEVER had any confrontation or had been treated like this or even witnessed this behavior. It was devestating. In thirty years I have only been this upset maybe two times. It was the worst experience I have ever seen in the medical field. I heard that he might be going through some issues but let me just say in NO WAY SHOULD THAT EVER EFFECT THE WAY YOU TREAT YOUR PATIENT. I was a NEW PATIENT and HE KNEW NOTHING ABOUT ME. HE KNEW NO HISTORY..I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO THE SERIOUS SYMPTOMS OF DIZZINESS ,INTERNAL BLEEDING OR ANYTHING ELSE. I WILL LET ANYONE KNOW BECAUSE I WOULD NOT WANT ANYONE WHO IS LOOKING FOR A GOOD DOCTOR TO HELP THEM , TRUST A DOCTOR AND GO IN AND EXPERIENCE THIS HORRIFIC EXPERIENCE.

July 27th, 2017