Dr. Peter Gergely MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 17th, 2014
Rude secretary
I have been a patient of Dr.Gergely since I was 5. He is a wonderful doctor who loves kids. Although I love Dr. Gergely and the other doctors in the office I have found that his secretary Debbie is rude to myself and others and treats people with little to no respect. I have personally left the office in tears as she would talk down to me for trying to find an appoinent time that can work. It is so unfortunate that she is the first person clients have to interact with. I love Dr.Gergoly but can no longer stand being treated so poorly by her.

February 13th, 2013
Really caring and knowledgable
After taking my first newborn to one of those factory-type large medical practices, I found Dr. Gergely. He gaves us personal attention and listened to my concerns and my opinions. My kids saw him for 8 years until we moved out of town recently. I vaxed my daughter on schedule, delay vaxed my son and Dr. Gergely was supportive of both. He was very supportive of my breastfeeding as well. To give you an example of what kind of doctor he is, Dr. Gergely opened his office just for my daughter (when she was 5 months old) on CHRISTMAS EVE because she seemed to have an ear infection. Dr. Gergely and Danielle both were known to follow-up (in the evening/ after-hours) when one of my kids had been in earlier in the day, just to see how the child was doing. In my experience, this office will always squeeze you in, will always return phone calls, will always show they care, will never rush you. From the doctor, to the nurses, to the front desk staff, they also put a lot of energy and thought into building a strong relationship with your child. My kids were actually excited to head to Dr. Gergely's office because "he's so funny and silly." And I felt respected and heard as a mother. I miss tGergely Pediatrics and can only hope our next pediatrician's office is half as good as this one. Very highly recommended.

October 20th, 2010
GREAT GREAT GREAT Doc
Dr Gergely has been a great pediatrician for all three of my children. He has an excellent bedside manner and all 3 kids liked and trusted him as well as myself and my husband. He got us thru those hard teen years also with compassion caring and wisdom. Great doc..

July 7th, 2010
Dedicated and loves the individual child and treats each child like an individual with respect and dignity. Always pleasant and caring staff. Has been our doctor for 3 girls for 14 plus years.

June 23rd, 2010
My daughter was his patient. She suffers from multiple disabilities to include Autism. A developmental pediatrician is just what we needed. We had a 45 min.commute but we thought it was worth it. At the age of 5, my daughter woke up doubled over and crying. Her cry was different. I knew immediately,like any other Mom, that something was terribly wrong. Called Gergely immediately and basically he BLEW me off! Told me she probably had cramps and to let her soak in a warm bath. What 5 year old has cramps??? He asked me not to take her to the E.R. because it could be very traumatic for a little one. I questioned if it could be her appendix and he said the chances of that were so slim it would simply be a waste of time for everyone to go. After going back and forth for several minutes and actually arguing the fact I wanted to take her to the hospital,I refused to wait til he squeezed us in for an appt.and hung up on him. So we left for the E.R. Within the hour, my daughter was being prepped for surgery because her appendix had already begun to rupture. Not a phone call, letter or apology was ever received from Gergely's office and Not once did we ever see that man again!!! Call it principle, he simply could have handled the situation better. He could have done without the condescending tone as well. Listen, it all took place over the phone so I never expected him to whip out his crystal ball to find the answer. What I did expect from him was understanding for my concern. Instead I believe he thought I was just another hysterical mom blowing things out of proportion. A diagnosis is given only after tests and evaluations & exams are done. But who sees the first symptoms? The Parent, that's who. Doctors must understand that I, the parent,know my child best. Especially for a child who can not communicate, I am her best Advocate. So in my opinion if a doctor does not take into consideration the concerns or input of a parent, then how good could he really be? Subsequently, we have the same Ped. now for 13 years and same Neurologist (DR. Martin L. Kutscher) for the last 17 yrs and my child is growing strong. Do as you please of course but remember the lack of respect and complete disregard that he showed to me and my child.

May 25th, 2016