Dr. Peter Gottlieb MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 7th, 2013
Fabulous physician
Dr. Gottlieb is an incredible endocrinologist. He is professional, yet human. I am a diabetes health professional myself, and he always treats me like a colleague and yet a patient at the same time. He takes time with me in every appointment and does not leave the room until all my questions are answered. It is obvious that he cares deeply about his patients - he always asks about my kids and husband. When I was pregnant, Dr. Gottlieb was only a page away - regardless of the time of day or night. I have the utmost respect and appreciation for Dr. Gottlieb.

February 27th, 2013
Dr. Gottlieb is OUTSTANDING
I've been going to the Barbara Davis Center since I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in 1982 when I was 3 years old. After fantastic care on the early onset side, I changed to Dr. Gottlieb as a young adult when I was 21. For the last 13 years he has been the most attentive, kind, and understanding doctor I have ever met. He doesn't force solutions and comes up with with regimens that fit my active lifestyle, but he doesn't chastise if I fall short on the goals we set. I had to have a pretty major surgery on my liver a few years back and was in the hospital for 6 days. Dr. Gottlieb not only checked in almost daily to help with insulin pump doses and blood sugars, he stopped by one evening after working in the clinic all day to personally check on me. When I gave birth to my son about 2 years later, I paged him to let him know it was time and give him a blood sugar update. He was at a conference giving a speech, and he excused himself to call me, check in and offer advice. I don't know many doctors who provide that sort of care these days. He has been supportive and done more for me than he knows, and I'll be forever grateful to him and the wonderful staff of nurses. With their help I can live the lifestyle I want and not feel overburdened by so many years of this roller coaster disease.

July 1st, 2012
I have been a diabetic for 36 years. Dr. Gottlieb is one of the best if not THE best Diabetic Dr. I have ever had. He got my diabetes back in control in no time. He is patient and caring and takes a LOT of time with his patients. His recommendations and diagnostics dramatically reduced my A1C--Yea! He is not condemning or critical as some Diabetic Dr's have been with me. He's the best. I highly recommend him.

October 3rd, 2011
Is not good at accurately diagnosing weather I have a problem or not. Always claims that the blood work doesn't appear the way he expects. That gives me the impression he thinks he knows how things will turn out with my diabetes and it doesn't turn out the way he expects.

March 19th, 2016