Peter Gyerko MD Patient Reviews

2.5

• Good
  • Bad

June 28th, 2011
DO NOT go to!!! i been there,My child was hurt so and we,as parents
>1 STAR!...I would NEVER say he has 21years of expir.I hate to remember that I alowed him to take care of MY child's HEALTH!He was so cold,I don't mean how he spoke,I mean TREATMENTS.Nurses too.My child HAD surgery and WENT through SO much pain, because of HIS missdiagnose.My kid was sick for Long time,when could be treated right away:( .My child was 12 mos old it was so HARD to watch and ONLY later I understoodThat I should NOT TRUST him as a doctor. My child had SIREOUS sickness,ONLY God helped,and gave life,it took him 1.5months to find out diagnose.Usually people with this diagnose died fast,or chronicly sick,but God made a miracle!!!... Later dr.Peter told me DO NOT come just for check ups(every 6-12mos),because it is waist of time and NO income for him...After that I do NOT judge people who does not go to Doctors,but Pray instead!

February 19th, 2011
Never again will I take my kids to him!
Although, I know some parents who love this guy, I also know of some who can't stand him. I actually have seen him on mulitiple occasions when our doctor wasn't available, but most of the visits I walked out feeling like he was extremely condescending and at times even rude. However, that was only the tip of the ice burg with that guy. There was a weekend that we decided to take our sick daughter into the doctor and he was the only one available. I was not happy about it, but she needed to be looked at because she was very very sick. He said she had an ear infection which we would just need to let it ride it's course. And she had a typical cold...as her Mom I knew this wasn't true because she was very sick and was throwing up when she coughed. She also would turn blue in the face when she did this. The next day I took her into our regular doctor who seemed dissapionted in his diagnoses and told me that we needed to treat her ear infection in this situation because it can make the cough worse if you don't. She also said she wanted to run a test on her to make sure it wasn't RSV. Which can be a life threatening illness if left untreated in children under two. My daughter was 15 months old. The test came back positive for RSV and she was prescriped medication for it. What makes me so angry about this is that Dr. Gyerko could have at least run the test just to be on the safe side, but instead he was lazy and careless. Not to mention the fact that my child was absolutely miserable and he didn't even want to treat her ear infection, which our normal pediatrician will do if they are under two years of age. I understand doctors make mistakes, but to me this was a pretty big one considering my other daughter almost landed in the hospital when her RSV turned into bronchiolitis. I will NEVER take my kids to this doctor again and I would advise anyone that does go to him, to not be afraid to get a second opinion if you strongly feel that something isn't right. Our regular doctor has never once misdiagnosed our kids and she has always corrected us on bad advice from other doctors....she has never steered us in the wrong direction. In fact, I trust her so much because she has always been right when she's given us advice. Even at times when I didn't believe her, I have found that she has been right. That's how a doctor and patient or parent relationship should be!

April 21st, 2017