Dr Peter Rubin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr Peter Rubin?

August 16th, 2016

He saved my life

I started seeing Dr Ruben when I was diagnosed with Crohn's at the age of 15 was so sick he was always there when needed he would call back anytime of day or night and did everything he could to help me I'm now 36 without him I would never have made it to 18

August 8th, 2016

Very confident in this experienced and responsive doctor

Been seeing doctor Rubin as my primary Crohn's doctor for the past two years but have known him and seen him as Dr Present's partner for the past 30 plus years. He is simply the best. The time and attention he provides to me is unparalleled and represents medicine the way it used to be and should be practiced.

September 3rd, 2015

Horrible

IMO, must agree..."I don't think he even cares about what he did to my life. He is dangerous, vicious, erratic and can't be trusted."

December 27th, 2014

Dr. Rubin Destroyed My Life-Beware

I I went to Dr. Rubin with a rare autoimmune disease in the mucosal lining of my stomach. The disease causes some loss of stomach acid (HCL) and depending on the severity an inability to absorb B12, which can require injections. At the time, I had some loss of acid, but was able to supplement with HCL, absorb B12 normally, and my stomach felt very normal even when drinking coffee. Since this disease can potentially cause stomach cancer, I require an endoscopy every two years. Because my previous doctor retired, I went to Dr. Rubin. My initial visits with him went well and he seemed normal and professional. On the fourth visit for my endoscopy, I was given a throat spray and told if I needed sedation, it would be administered. As soon as the scope was inserted, I began to gag, throw up saliva and was shaking violently from the trauma, which caused me to roll around on the table. Dr. Rubin, completely ignored my distress and continued the procedure. I got off the table drenched in saliva, very shaken up and shocked at his behavior: It seemed like I was dealing with a different personality and doctor. In addition to lying, he was totally indifferent to the trauma and danger he had subjected me to. After I sent him a letter, he apologized in writing and telephoned me. He promised that he would take good care of me, should the need arise, and didn't want me to leave his practice for another doctor. When the need did arise, which was unrelated to my stomach, he prescribed the wrong medication over the phone because he made an incorrect diagnosis. When I called to follow up as he suggested and told him I wasn't feeling better, he refused to see me or refer me to another doctor. He again lied and said he didn't know of any other doctors. Instead, he referred me to his nutritionist assistant who prescribed an herb, which they both should have known is contraindicated for gastritis and other gastro diseases. This herb burned out the whole mucosal lining of my stomach which destroyed all production of acid and my weight dropped from 117 to 95 pounds; furthermore, I was in severe pain, could no longer supplement with HCL and developed chronic gastric pain for which there was no drug or treatment to repair the damage. I developed chronic overgrowth of Candida (fungal) and bacterial infections, numerous food sensitivities, bouts of gastroparesis, severe weakness and continued to experience terrible pain. The deterioration of my digestive tract eventually required me to have my colon removed. I am badly disabled and must spend most of my time in bed. There are no words that can adequately describe the suffering that Peter Rubin has caused me which continues on an ongoing basis. I don't think he even cares about what he did to my life. He is dangerous, vicious, erratic and can't be trusted.

July 9th, 2013

Unhelpful

I have been looking for a gastrointerologist with good experience with J-pouch patients, since people with J-pouches are a small subset of the population and I need someone who can help with my specific condition. Dr. Rubin was recommended by another J-pouch patient, so I called his office to find out he doesn't take my insurance. I asked his administrative assistant Patti if she could ask him for names of colleagues who have this experience. He/she refused to provide any names and just said, "You have to look on your list." Really? You can't give me two names of doctors who can help me, whom I can call and simply ask if they take my insurance? I have to sift through a blind list of hundreds of names of G.I. doctors on a generic insurance list? How is this helping patients? It is zero effort on Dr. Rubin's part to help someone with such a simple request, yet he refused. Shameful.

May 2nd, 2012

I HAVE KNOWN DR.RUBIN SINCE HEHAD HIS OFFICE ON 12 EAST 86 St. He gave me my first colonoscopy and He was kind and compassionate.Also DrRubin has been kind to me at my bedsideAt mount Sinai hospital

February 23rd, 2012

He is a wonderful man who my family and I thank for saving my life. He goes above and beyond for his patients.

February 20th, 2012

SAFED MY LIFE......

WHEN IT COMES TO STOMACH. HE IS THE BEST. WAS ADMITTED TO MOUNT SINAI HOPSITAL WITH ULCER. ALL DOCTORS WANTE TO CUT MY STOMACH. HE CURED ME WITHOUT DOING IT HE IS SWEET, KIND UNERSTANDING AND HE IS A LIFE SAVER...THANK YOU SO MUCH DR. RUBIN

September 4th, 2009

Dr. Rubin gives fantastic individualized attention. He returns my phone calls promptly and takes the time to answer all my questions. He has diagnosed and treated my illness in the most up to date and least invasive manner

August 4th, 2008

dr ruben is always there when you need him you can call anytime if you have an emergency and he always calls back in a timely manner

August 14th, 2017