Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Unethical, greedy, and nonacademic show details Unethical, greedy, and nonacademic
Apr 3rd, 2015

When I asked for more information about his Corneal Collagen Crosslinking studies, I discovered that he charges his study participants outrageous fees just to be enrolled in an academic study. Admittedly, it is not uncommon in studies for participants to incur minor fees for participating, such as transportation fees. But this is a Phase 3 trial (meaning that getting government funding for the study should not be as difficult to secure), and it merely puts Riboflavin in the subject's eye and then exposes him to UV light. And yet he asks for an initial evaluation fee to determine if you even qualify for one of his academic studies, which costs $475. And if you do qualify, the price to participate in his clinical trials is $2600-$4900 per eye. As someone who has participated in various medical academic trials (and is familiar with the politics of clinical trials), I have never seen a researcher who actually charges his own participants to receive a treatment that may not even work. And this is assuming you don't get placed into the placebo group. These are Phase 3 studies, that put riboflavin in your eye and then expose you to UV light. And he will charge you thousands of dollars for it. There is absolutely no excuse for that kind of behavior. After reading his impressive academic background, I was shocked to find that he is turning science and academic research into a massive business for excessive personal gain. He may actually be an excellent doctor but I find his behavior far too abhorrent and greedy to ever merit an office visit.

What a difference a week makes . . . show details What a difference a week makes . . .
by Donna on Oct 22nd, 2013

I wrote a review for Dr. Peter Hersh (from D on 10.11.13) from a very emotional and frustrated state of thinking. It has been a long journey for me and I was looking for an instant cure. . . it took one week! Within one week of seeing Dr. Hersh and using his medication, my vision improved tremendously. I was back to driving (after three months) and seeing almost 20/20. The doctor obviously knew what he needed to do. I am sorry Dr. Hersh for speaking without thinking. I have apologized to all, including the office staff who have not turned me away after my little tantrum. They are a very professional and pleasant group to work with. Highly recommended. A LIFE LESSON LEARNED HERE. . .

Not a good day for me. . . show details Not a good day for me. . .
by D on Oct 11th, 2013

Unfortunately my experience with Dr. Hersh was a disappointment. I had Lasik and PRK (not performed by Dr. Hersh) with unsuccessful results. I was told he was the doctor to see to figure out what went wrong. I got the same test, same scans and the same answer. . .I must heal. But it is nine months since the first surgery, and almost two months since the second. Most people have immediate results and I didn't. I really just think I have these doctors stumped and they are just buying time. No follow-up, no call me, just done. But did not hesitate to ask (even before I could get my coat off) how was I going to pay for this? Not a good day for me.

by Nancy on Sep 5th, 2013

My son, Matthew O'Brien has Kerataconus and has had this disease for approximately 10 years. We finally came to a decision to have his one bad eye taken care of, due to the fact that we were advised that the disease is starting in the right eye. Dr. Hersh, Stacey and the entire staff greeted us with courtesy and professionalism. After the procedure was completed my son was very confident and relaxed and his eyesight had improved immediately. We have had several follow-up visits and the staff is also very courteous and professional. If anyone is contemplating any type of eye surgery, my son and I highly recommend you contact Dr. Hersh and/or Stacey Lazar. Words cannot explain the life changing event my son has had with just one procedure that Dr. Hersh has done on his eyes. God bless Dr. Hersh and the entire staff. Please don't hesitate, call Dr. Hersh and/or Stacey Lazar today.

Trust your eyes w/this doc! show details Trust your eyes w/this doc!
Aug 29th, 2011

Amazing doctor and staff. Bravo. Not the cheapest by far..but when you want the best...he's your doc!

a very good result show details a very good result
by Kathy on Aug 18th, 2009

Dr. Hersh did prk on me twice on one eye and once on the other. I had a great result. I wonder if I was just lucky or he was excellent at what he does. I think he is just very good at his job! He answered all my e-mails promptly and answered all my questions honestly. Office staff and techs all were very caring.

Lasik/Prk show details Lasik/Prk
by Cesar on Jul 26th, 2009

I had lasik surgery done by Dr Hersch back in 2006. He was excellent and very professional. Makes you feel you at ease because he knows what he's doing. Obviously, he's one of the best doctors out there so that made me pay the extra $. Your eyes are not something to mess around with and I thought Dr. Hersch put my best interest at hand. Highly recommended.