Dr. Peter Holliday III Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Peter Holliday III?

June 16th, 2016

A really bad experience with Mr Holliday will never go back.

March 30th, 2015

Long waits for a nice sometimes, rude most of the time "Professional"

Everything takes time but to sit there waiting for hours, not just an hour and then be seen for about ten minutes at best is slack at best and serious over booking for bucks at worst. Dr. Holiday was very nice prior to surgery, but on follow ups he was rude, short and basically money paid, don't have time for you now. Wouldn't recommend him to anyone! Be prepared for others to make excuses for him.

November 26th, 2014

Patient

Anyone that thinks Dr. Holliday is rude and cold is obviously not following his directions for post op recovery. Dr. Holliday AND his staff are top notch and very professional in the way that they carry out their duties. Yes Dr, Holliday is demanding and meticulous as to how he wants things done and if you listen to him rather than wear your thin skinned "I think I know it all attitude suit" you will be fine. If you want mediocre go some where else and let them tell you what you want to hear. If you want the best then Dr. Holliday is the physician for you, he tells you what you need to do to get better and IMHO there is no better neurosurgeon in the southeast.

November 24th, 2014

I have had lower back surgery by Dr. Holiday and my experience has been really good with him. He explained everything before hand and what to expect afterwards. Pain was taken of after L4-L5 disk repair. I have also been diagnosed with spinal stenosis and will have that performed by him also. He also has explained all of this in plain, simple terms that I could very easily understand. Thanks Dr. Holiday.

March 25th, 2013

Another Surgeon, but Not a nice person.

I used Dr. Holliday for substantial back surgery. The surgery worked out well and I certainly give credit to Coliseum Northside Hospital for their excellent patient care. Dr Holliday however is initially nice after waiting hours to see him, (expect no apology). After surgery, he doesn't care, doesn't want to see you, and if he does be careful. He has no problem being rude, insulting or just a jerk. His staff makes excuses for him, hard day, etc., but there is no excuse for this man. Be warned you are dealing with a Jekyll and Hyde doctor who needs some serious anger management help.

July 2nd, 2012

Dr. Not helpful

Dr. Holliday ordered about 5 tests on my spine.I signed several legal forms, but I refused to sign one form that I had never seen before any where. It gave him permission to take my possessions if I didn't pay the bills. Sure if he wants my mortgage he can have it. He wants his payments in 30 days and you get bill after bill coming to your house. After all the tests he told me It would not be worth the risk, but failed to explain what that meant. He wrote that maybe I needed a psychiatrist, but I don't remember him saying that to my face. I am quiet livid about doctors that take these liberties.He can't tell the difference between chronic fatigue which I have anddepression which I do not have. I have no neck disks, several herniated disks, scoliosis, spine arthritis, etc. and he doesn'teven offer so much as a referral to physical therapy. He looks close to retirement age, maybe that explains his actions.Everybody has a different experience, this was mine.So now my new spine surgeon will see the suggestion of aPsychiatrist on the transfer of my medical files and don't you as a patient think that will taint the new docs opinion of me as a back painpatient.

June 13th, 2011

Overall experience was very poor. I was not listened to about what I wanted. His bedside manner left much to be desired, it was so bad that other doctors I was also seeing at the time were making excuses for him, stating that his wife was sick. My feelings on this is if it interfers with your job, you need to take some leave time; and yes I can speak from experience on that. As a paramedic I was standing in a complete strangers living room, when I got a call about a close family memeber dying. However I couldnt not let that interfer with my patient care. Dr Holliday also refused to send me for physical therapy, I also got the distinct feeling that he believed I was lying to him about what I did for fun in my life(horseback riding, rafing) since I am overweight. He was especially rude and inconsiderate when I questioned him about these restrictions, basicly how dare I question him, since he had been practicing for so many years. Well just because you have been practicing for years, doesnt make you right. The restrictions he has placed on me has prevented me from aquiring a job, and is creating extreme stress, thus far not only has he refused to remove them, but his office is not returning phone calls.

May 16th, 2011

Shelley

I can't really say that I enjoyed my time with Dr. Holliday as I was in a lot of pain from a herniated disc, but it was as pleasant as could be. He took as much time as necessary to talk to me during my visits and would answer any questions I had without acting like I was taking up all of his time. The wait for my appointments were horrible and when you have lower back pain the last thing you want to do is sit in a waiting room for an hour. I will say, though, that the wait time was worth it to be able to spend as much time with him as I did in the exam room. He was very knowledgable and informative and his office staff were very helpful. I would and have recommended him to others.

May 4th, 2011

3 surgeries

I have been seeing Dr. Holliday since 2000, when he fused L5-S1. He walked me through recovery and I was able to return to work in 7 months on light duty. Well to no fault of his L4-L5 fusion in 2010. Was walking great for a few months until L3-L4 herniated more. So another fusion 2011, still recovering feel better but still not 100%. I would recommend him, him and his office staff have been very helpful.

January 13th, 2011

I would strongly recommend Dr Holliday! Great Dr!!! I am pain free for the first time in years!!!!

November 11th, 2010

2 Surgery's

Doctor Holiday, has done 2 different surgery's on me this year. First for the Loss of feeling in my hand & bottom 2 fingers, he Told me What to Expect,& How the Operation would be performed, He Did the SAME for my Back operation. He Told me the Do's & Don't in between follow up, A Big Part of Recovery!! I May not be as Good as I Once was, But I'm as Good as I Ever Was, PAIN FREE ! Looking Forward to Neck Surgery....Charles

July 23rd, 2010

service

i found doc holliday to be very genuine in his work and most of his office staff were receptive and caring-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion