Dr. Peter Hurley MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

November 30th, 2016
Highly Recommend
In May of 2013 I fell from a ladder and broke my leg in 3 places. Dr. Hurley was the emergency surgeon who operated on my leg and saw me after the surgery. He made me feel very safe and I grateful he was the Dr. in the operating room. Dr. Hurley saved my life and I would highly recommend him to anyone needing an excellent surgeon.

May 3rd, 2016
rude rude rude
seen the doc if that is what he is... sent to him by ER doctor ...peter said he didn't do that kind of surgery..very rude...very hope I never have to see him again...

March 12th, 2016
Terrible...does not even listen to patient. Have went to him over 10 years. Use to be a good doctor. Would not recommend him to anyone now.

December 16th, 2015
He was very rude with very poor bed side manners

August 14th, 2015
great doctor who explains things in terms that lay people understand

July 10th, 2015
Dr Hurley, cut a 1"wedge out of my left knee, I haven't had any problems with it until now.Had a horse to fall on my leg,

March 16th, 2015
Dr. Hurley performed a total knee replacement on my husband over 6 years ago. He also performed surgery of a less serious nature on my knee. Recently I had a friend ask if I knew any surgeons in this area and I recommended Dr. Hurley to him. My husband was back on his feet and going strong less than 2 weeks after surgery. I was up and about the next day. We think he is a real miracle worker.

July 27th, 2013
I DO NOT recommend at all!!!!!!
I am a plus sized woman and I broke my tibia plateau as well as my fibula back in 2010. The original on call doctor told me that I needed immediate surgery and referred me to Dr. Hurley. Upon seeing me, Dr. Hurley did not like the fact that I didn't not have insurance or a way to pay seeing I lost my job from this injury. To make a long story short he never truly did anything at first and let the piece of bone slip more. Once he realized that it was slipping he basically said that "oh we should have done surgery". He recommended a surgery and I tool is, this making the instability of my knee worse. Again he thought that another kind of surgery mite work but was unsure. Conferring with another surgeon, seeing he was unable to make his own mind up thru the whole thing, they thought that nothing would work. Upon receiving my medical records it is evident that they didn't want to do any surgeries due to my inability to pay. They could have told me that originally and I would not be sitting here with a bum knee and dying from the lack of exercise!

October 18th, 2011
Awesome Doc.
He has always been great, his PA is good too, and I don't mind seeing him when I go in sometimes. I have bad connective tissue, have injured myself in various sports over the years and he has been excellent. So much so that while I have moved about 3 hours away I keep putting off finding someone close and will be going back to Dr Hurley in a couple weeks.

September 25th, 2011
Terrible bedside manner, terrible people skills
As a patient of another physician in this practice I tried to reach the doctor on call for my doctor which was Dr Hurley. He had his pager turned off and did not respond for over 2 hours and was very rude to me and didn't even give me a chance to explain my situation, my pain level and anything else I could do and cut me short by stating he'd had operations of this nature as well and to get over it, etc and cut me short. Very displeased with this situation and reflects badly on Hickory Orthopaedic and Dr Peter Hurley. I have chronic back pain issues and just recently received my last of 4 back surgeries and know what chronic pain is like and can deal with a lot. When you're in this business the one thing you could least do is to have compassion, which Dr. Hurley does not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 24th, 2011
Do Not Recommend
Provider gave no solution or suggestion, and referred to the rigors of age. Identified specific problems with no solution. Horrible visit.

June 14th, 2010
I don't know what the other person was thinking (who rated him a 1). Everybody that we've talked to who has had surgery by Dr. Hurley loves him. We had a great experience with Dr. Hurley.