Surgical Specialist

6100 Daylong Ln
Ste 203
Columbia, Clarksville, MD 21029
410-988-9440
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  very good experience  |  show details
by Joanne S on Nov 20th, 2013

Seems most of the Workers Comp people have a grudge against a Dr who does not respond the way they want. Our experience with Dr. Innis was very pleasing in every way. He was very professional and really took the time to explain my options before surgery. He has performed numerous successful Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel procedures and we have scheduled mine for after the Holidays.

|  Highly recommend  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2012

I had extensive pain due to arthritis at the base of my thumb. Dr. Innis explained everything about the repair in easy to understand terms and I had the surgery at the Surgicenter in his building. Although I didn't really want to go to the therapy afterwards he wisely convinced me to go for two weeks. I have no problems now and recommend him to anyone who has issues with their hands. A all the way.

|  HORRIBLE DOCTOR!!!  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2012

Ok my fellow worker's comp patients...I was sent to see this guy too, at the request of my employer's insurance company. I was sent to the Lutherville office, when another office would have been closer to me, and had to wait for 45 minutes. The staff was just "ok" in their professionanlism. When I met with him, I clearly, CLEARLY outlined where the pain is in my hand, wrist fingers, forearm, shoulder and back. I wasn't necessarily looking for a workman's comp reimbursement from him, just an accurate report on how and why I have this pain, which is because of what I do in my everyday job, duh. Why can't this guy be HONEST???? I got a letter ba ck from the insurance company saying this is not a workman's comp issue. I tried to see another doctor, but the insurance company raved about him and said what a great doctor he is. He may be clinically sound and may do a great job on patients that end up on his table, but he sucks when it comes to telling the truth. I don't know how he can live with himself, because some of you have clearly a lot worse issues than I do...I feel you. Hopefully you can find a doctor that pay attention to your needs!!

|  report  |  show details
May 12th, 2011

did not provide accurate and truthful report. stated there is no problem when there clearly is

|  Owned by Insurance Companies  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2010

Awesome surgeon apparently, as long as you are not seeing him for a work comp case. I had the same experience as the detective who previously commented. Rude, denied anything was wrong with me, then lied about what went on in the office in his report. When I called him telling him of worsening symptoms he would call me back rather quickly, however he was even ruder on the phone. I lost my job and the insurance company fought the claim for two years based on his report before settling. Now I am FINALLY seeing a doctor and getting treatment (with permanent damage done because of the long wait).

|  Very Rude and uncooperative  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2009

I injuried my hand at work as a Detective arresting an armed felon. My injury after surgury led me to be diagnosed with CRPS or RSD (Reflex Symapthetic Dystraphy). It is a very painful disorder that causes swelling, loss of movement of area, commonly spreads and is rated as one of the most painful disorders that exist. After recieving several awards from my Police Department for arresting the felon who was sentenced to 25 years in jail I was forced to retire. I had lost almost the entire use of my left arm with my left hand being terribly swollen and disfigured. The County I worked for didn't want to pay a full pension so during my battle to get the full amount I was sent to Dr. Innis.I was sent to see him by my ex-employer for an evaluation. From the moment he entered the room he was very rude and uncaring. This injury had taken away the job I loved and left me unable to play with my children. I had no use of my hand so was depressed it would never work again. He treated me like I was the one who had done something wrong. When I explained my diagnosis by the top doctors in the field of RSD. He actually corrected them and stated he didn't agree with them about RSD spreading. It is documented common knowledge of this but he didn't want to hear anything. He was not gentle with my hand at all and didn't try to see what would be easiest for me so I wouldn't be in pain. It was evident that he wasn't there for me and made me feel for first time out of dozens of doctors like a criminal. He threatened to kick me out and report I was uncooperative. Dr. Innis had only one medical report by the County Doctor and when I offered to send him all my medical records to get an accurate idea of what's happened he refused.The worst part is weeks later my lawyer sent me a copy of his report and he was actually dishonest about things that happened and tried to imply that I caused my injury to myself. My wife and I were appaulled because of the impact this had on our life. Know one had ever even hinted that out of dozens of doctors. It was obvious he had a personal grudge after my appointment. Luckily his observations were suck nonsense that the Doctors I was sent to after him by the County strongly disagreed and actually corrected him.I wrote a complaint letter and recieved a response from Board Of Trustees President with an apology. From online research it seems Dr. Innis is a talented doctor but when a company pays him for a worker comp evaluation that's $5000 for appointment, he takes the side of the payer, period. I reccimend not seein him. He was the rudest and most dishonest Doctor I have ever delt with.

|  show details
Apr 27th, 2009

Dr. Innis is the best. He always takes time to fully explain everything and really truly cares about his patients.

|  show details