inactive

Peter J Jannetta MD Patient Reviews

March 17th, 2016
He gave me my life again!
I had 3 brainstem craniotomies done in the 1980's for severe disequilibrium. I crawled on the floor and took a shower sitting in the tub. I had to hold on to furniture and feel walls to stabilize me. Dr.Jannetta operated on my 8th nerve and truly saved my life because I could not live with that awful dizziness. I recommend him very, very highly. I am so thankful to have found this wonderful surgeon.

March 16th, 2016
He gave me my life again!

December 17th, 2015
My Microvascular Decompression Surgery for a Left Hemifacial Spasm was done in 2006. I remain Spasm-free.

July 5th, 2015
basically he operated on me for spasmodic torticollis and my head finally came up and away from the shoulder, significant decrease in pain! Made my life bearable !

May 21st, 2015
I donot recommend based on my experience
He said "I promise you your face cannot be injured" then paralyzed my face. He left for Germany the day of my surgery and I did not see him again until an 8 week follow up. He ignored pre op test that showed my face had high chance of paralysis. His son was in hospital across town when I was in the OR and it appears he did not do the surgery himself nor was in the hospital, (he reports a similar situation in his biography working in a very small space where he let a resident operate while he was not in the hospital and the woman died on the table)

May 5th, 2015
Had surgery done in 1990 for cervical dystonia! Extremely painful. Slowly after the surgery my neck came up from my shoulder and my chin from my collar bone. It took time but my head is upright now and the amount of pain I was in is significantly reduced

May 24th, 2013
Peter Jannetta abandons victims of medical errors
Peter Jannetta is less sympathetic and skilled than his reputation might suggest. Apparently he has executed experimental neurosurgery on patients, and not all were informed. He abandoned at least one patient, in spite of his duty of care. He is responsible for disability of at least three patients.

June 11th, 2012
I couldn't have been more pleased with Dr. Jannetta...he along with God gave me my health back. I thank him so much for all that he has done for me. <3

February 29th, 2012
Regaining a quality of life
My THREE surgeries for Trigeminal Neuralgia have left me with an abundance of "feelings" about the procedures. The first surgery, done in Rochester, NY, was a total failure and was done by a journeyman. MY SECOND PROCEDURE WAS DONE BY DR. JANNETTA AT ALLEGHENY GENERAL HOSPITAL WAS A TOTAL SUCCESS AND I AM BLESSED BY HAVING DR. JANNETTA PERFORM THE SUCCESSFUL SURGERY. HIS ATTITUDE, COMFORTING, GENTLE DEMEANOR AND POSITIVITY WERE SO IMPORTANT TO ME AND THE SUCCESS OF THE RELATIONSHIP. THREE YEARS LATER DR. CASEY (FROM THE SAME DEPARTMENT WITH DR. JANNNETTA) DID THE THIRD AND FINAL OPERATION (AS DR. JANNETTA WAS UNAVAILABLE). HIS WORK WAS SUCCESSFUL AND I HAVE NOT HAD ANY EPISODES SINCE THEN. HOWEVER, MY HEART IS STILL WITH DR. JANNETTA FOR WHO HE IS AND WHAT HE DID FOR ME GIVING ME A QUALTIY OF LIFE THAT SEEMED SO DISTANT AND UNATTAINABLE BEFORE HIS OPERATING SKILL WAS SELF-EVIDENT.

October 11th, 2011
Sincere, caring, honest, dedicated
When my doctor in Orlando, Florida realized what I had he did not hesitate suggesting Dr. Jannetta. He said he was the best in the country and people traveled from all over to the US to see him.I did not hesitate and requested an appointment. When I met Dr. Jannetta I immediately felt I was in the hands of a very gentle caring genius.we had a very honest and factual conversation and I looked forward to the brain surgery. That would scare most people but I knew I was in good hands. When I woke up all pain was gone and my life was going to be back on track. I sincerely thank you Dr. Jannetta for giving me back the opportunity to enjoy my family, friends, and each morning I wake up pain free. It's been almost two glorious years and more to come!!! Hugs to you!!!

May 17th, 2011
Thank you Dr Jannetta for giving me back my life!!
Dr Jannetta is a revelation in neurosurgery. I was horribly mangled n a violent accident that left my neck collapsed and rigid. He performed decompression in three different areas of damage in m brainstem and upper spine. As a consequence I am free from the pain and rigidity. I feel as though I now have my life back. I can now dream of a future. If you are suffering cranial nerve decompression there is NO other doctor I would EVER see. Dr Jannetta is a wonderful talented doctor and a beautiful human being