A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Smith
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Smith Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Smith, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from Duke University , Durham. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Smith has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Duke University Hospital
- Southeastern Reg Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Peter Smith MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 35 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Peter Smith practice?
- Dr. Peter Smith has 2 office locations.
Dr. Peter Smith practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Durham, NC.
See Durham Surgeons.