A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Smith
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Smith, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from Duke University , Durham. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Smith has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Duke University Hospital
- Southeastern Reg Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Peter Smith MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 34 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Peter Smith practice?
- Dr. Peter Smith has 4 office locations.
Dr. Peter Smith practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Lumberton, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Durham, NC and Danville, VA.
See Lumberton Surgeons.