Dr. Peter Van Patten MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

April 20th, 2016
Patient
Dr. VanPatten is extremely rude and unprofessional, he makes assumptions about patients he knows nothing about, he is forgetful, he talks about things that are outside of the medical expertise - like claims management - and he doesn't even do it accurately, I will NEVER go back to this jerk!

April 8th, 2014
Dr. Peter K. Van Patten
He was Ortho Dr on call @ Willamette Valley ER. I had broken BOTH ankles. The left ankle the tibia was broken. The right the tibia & fibia were both broken & required surgical repair. He did nothing for my left ankle except an ace bandage. He had me get up & walk with a walker the day after surgery. On the first follow up visit he showed me the xrays and said,"the left ankle looks like it is not healing properly & could end up as a non-union. Second & final visit. I still had pain in my rt ankle. He said it was Plantar Fasciitis. I told him that was not the pain I was having. Looking at the x-rays I could see that the left ankle looked very similar to the previous visit. He gave me shoe inserts told me to cut it down to size & said "you're healed". When I put it up to my foot the arch was at the ball of my foot there was no way to make it fit. Less than 6 months later my left ankle broke again I went to a new Dr. who said the left ankle had never healed & the surgery on my right ankle he had use an antiquated method. I still have pain & swelling in my rt ankle.