Dr. Peter Kechejian MD Patient Reviews

October 21st, 2016
Never felt so uncomfortable in my life
I have never felt so uncomfortable and disrespected in my life. I did NOT feel as if I was dealing with someone in the medical field but rather dealing with some uneducated, overly confident individual. I have never been spoken to with such profanity as to having to question myself as to where I was. Without checking the controlled substance logs to see a patients history of meds, he prescribed and sent a script for narcotics without even discussing with me what he had sent in. Its extremely difficult to carry out a conversation with Dr. Peter Kechejian due to his abnormally fast talking and if you happen to have any questions for him, he wont entertain your concerns and reminds you who is in charge. If you are looking for a dr who is thorough, respectful of your concerns, and looking for a professional environment this is not the place to go. I am not accustomed to this use of profanity at home, or even in my daily life let alone in a medical atmosphere. He refers to his patients as "nothing more and nothing less than just a number." For some people that may not be an issue for them, but when my health is a primary concern of mine due to my injuries directly affecting my daily life, that's not acceptable. Moreover, for Dr Kechejian to claim he is a chronic pain sufferer himself, Im appauled he can conduct himself in this matter. His PITS program and pbs special seem to serve more importance in his life opposed to the practice he belongs to. I would never reccommend this doctor to anyone. No one deserves to be told that they are nothing but just a number to any physician. Needless to say I will not be returning to that practice.

September 19th, 2016
he is the Pits!
this dr plays with the meds your suppose to take, he drops your meds or the amount your taking whenever he feels like it, you go thru withdrawals and hevtells you to dealvwith it, ghis dr sucks!

August 12th, 2016
Was seeing him for 6 years, and wrote out my scripts, which he told me id need for the rest of my life, gave me my epidurals which worked great, then BAM!, Last three months told me I amnot getting anymore epidurals, and he is weaning me off the meds, which he told me Id need for the rest of my life, I have degenerative spine disease which only gets worse and worse and hes now taking me off of everything? Ive been miserable this whole summer, until my other dr referred me to a new compassionate caring dr who isn't all about himself and really cares for his patients. When I tild the new dr about dr K, he shook his head and said he has heard this more times than he cares to admit. Dr. K. was good for 6 years, then decided I wasn't a good enough patient for him anymore....

August 10th, 2016
Horrible
I received 3 injections to no avail. In a great deal of pain. Pain meds did no good. I called him on 8/2 for new meds, was told he was in surgery and would get back to me. After not hearing anything from him I called today, 8/10/16, and was told he was on vacation this week and there was nothing she could do until he returned. Everyone is entitled to time off, but why have 2 other doctor's in the office to NOT cover you. I don't know how he calls himself a pain doctor when he allows his patients to remain in pain. I truly have not had one good nights sleep in over a month.

March 7th, 2016
I been seeing Dr. K for a few years and he is wonderful and he knows his stuff. Cares a lot about you.

November 25th, 2015
Careless and clueless
Have been a patient for years-started with Dr.Groth then somehow got sent to Dr.K-ugh I suffer from a cervical injury . I have been a patient for over 12 years. When my symptoms flared up again I needed to be seen right away-was told the earliest they could get me in was two weeks-"TWO WEEKS' I was informed that if I was in that much pain to go to the emergency room. Dr. K just got back from vacation and they are closed Thursday and Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday. WOW couldn't believe they would make a patient wait who is suffering- I have since found a new Dr. They should realize that if they keep treating patients this way in the end they won't have any- They're are plenty of caring and dedicated pain management doctors out there. The staff should be ashamed of themselves for telling any patient in pain that they have to wait 2 weeks to be seen-The staff is obviously careless and clueless when it comes to patients needs!

June 15th, 2015
Mr. Epidural
I originally started at this practice with Dr. Groth who is great but for some reason he ends up passing all his patients off to Dr. K. I saw Dr. I for over a year and he basically exhausted the epidurals allowed by my no fault insurance. As soon as he finished the last covered injection he threw me out like I was garbage, he took me off the pain meds he himself recommended & told me not to be cared of. He was an egomaniac always talking about himself and his pits program or trying to force me to get a pain machine put into my back. As soon as the epidurals which he did 12 of ran out he told me that I would have pain all my life and I better learn to deal with it without meds. He is crazy and is obviously on some sort of upper! I would never recommend this poor excuse for a doctor to anyone! Beware! He will get you hooked on meds use up your insurance for epidurals and throw you out like garbage when your insurance will no longer cover his pricy epidural injections! I have more pain after treating with him than I did when I started! The only good thing I can say about this place is that the girls at the front desk are nice and as long as you have insurance for epidurals it's easy to make an appointment.

March 28th, 2015
This guy is orbiting space
I treated with Groth for years (he's excellent)....when my insurance changed I ended up with this poor excuse for a 'professional'. The first words he spoke to me at our first visit together was "who the h--- are you". I had a major car accident. I don't take any prescriptions. I receive radio frequency and I live a healthy lifestyle...so for those who say the negative reviews are from those who don't get what they want--pills--I'm here to debunk that. This guy is loud, obnoxious, insensitive, unprofessional and behaves as though he's 'high' . I'm not intimidated by this narcissistic circus freak but I can see how he could EASILY have that affect on others. Who needs that while in pain and trying to cope? Who needs that from anyone let alone a provider who specializes in providing relief....and he certainly appears to be under the influence. His jargon, appearance, mannerisms--they all scream addict. His little tap dance/theatrical performance about his little acronym the PITS program is childish and frankly K if you're reading this the only thing that's the PITS is YOU.

September 30th, 2014
Dr. K is Great
I had a great experience with Dr. K. Definately an odd one, but a great doc that knows his stuff. I didn't want any pills, I didn't want maintenance, I wanted the pain GONE. He talked me out of surgery and five years later the epidural is still keeping the pain at a manageable level. When it comes time for the next one, I would be sure to fly the 3000 miles back to NY because I trust no one but Dr. K. Funny how the good reviews here come from those who wanted permanent relief and the bad come from those who didn't get their pills.

April 4th, 2014
I have nothing but glowing reviews for Dr. K!
I first met Dr. K when he was in the Riverhead office, I was seeing Dr, Groth who I think is amazing also. After the Riverhead location closed I stayed with Dr. K and I couldn't be happier. He listens to my concerns whether it be medication, pain, procedures... In explaining his PITs program I have found relief and I would recommend anyone seeking long term Pain Management to seek out Dr. K. Granted he comes off in a non-conventional manner, he is ALWAYS caring, listens to every concern. I have been squeezed in on a moments notice, I have had emergency appointments, the staff is great! Dr. K once brought me on the office lunch since I had a business trip to go on unexpectedly. So those that are bashing him, all I have to say is there is a reason and it has nothing to do with the level of care, the program or his "bedside manner". As far I am I am concerned, DR. K ROCKS!!... His approach is to use the least amount of medication to achieve relief. The procedures (and I have 2 or 3 a year) are done in the Surgery Center in a sterile environment with a great staff. He has NEVER turned me away or not listened to my concerns. So Dr K... Keep up the good work and I have recommended him to friends and my own family... enough said! #HATERSGOONAHATE

February 28th, 2014
Not the nicest bedside manner
If you want pain med sure he's great he'll give you what you want. In terms of a Health Care provider he fails abysmally! I had a migraine and told him such because I was so sick I had to have my sister drive me. I tell him I have a migraine and am so sick. He say's well you're an RSD patient I said yes, but I have had migraines since I was a child. He goes you're crazy, what's wrong with you? What do your friends think of you? Excuse me was my 1st thought and I said my friends think I am perfectly fine and like me for who I am b/c I think for myself. My sister heard him badgering me. So he goes and gets a needle and just stabs it in my neck. Doesn't say what it is just shoots it into my neck. Mind you my headaches come from my neck so this was the right TX. But he didn't tell me what he was doing. Wrote me my script and said have a good day. I was sitting there like what the heck did i just experience?!?!? Calling me crazy at least 5 times. He also is an ego maniac which I think any patient can see but will stroke his ego to get their pain med. I will say this Dr Groth is a wonderful Doctor a true caring person. Go to him! Peter I wouldn't give you 2 cents for. He always talks about becoming the Dr Oz of pain mang too. Can you say Megalomaniac. I hope this man changes his mindset becomes he comes off like a narcissistic jerk! If you want your pain med though he'll give you that. You just have to listen to him talk about how fab he is. Not cool I'm so glad I left and now have a Doc who's like Dr Groth kind,compassionate, and a true professional!

December 17th, 2013
The First Professional Who Cared!
Dr. K. was a life saver, he helped me through a maze of agony which was starting to impact severly on my job working with children with developmental delays. His program and support offered were the best one could hope to find. Now that I have moved to Fl. I sorely miss a true professional. They have the weirdest pain mgmt. drs. here, so I have not gone on a regular basis. Well, that now has to change as I am in so much pain. I am calling Dr. K. to see if he knows someone here. Fl. is like 1958! So sad!