Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Rather move to another state for a better doctor  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2014

Dr. Kemp is the worst OBGYN I have ever had the displeasure of working with. Not only was he rude, he never listened to a thing I'd say. If I asked a question, he told me to read a book as if there aren't 8,000 out there that contradict everything. I would wait for up to two hours just to have my blood drawn and then 35 more minutes to be seen. The labor and delivery process with him was horrendous. His student helped me give birth. He did absolutely nothing but stitch me and assume I couldn't feel anything. I felt it all. Maybe I would have gotten over the terrible experience but instead of closing my account when it was fully paid, they put a warrant out for my debt when I didn't owe them a thing. I had to call them twice AS WELL AS the law firm they used to get anything closed so I wouldn't have to show up in court. See any other doctor but this one. I will never see him again. I can't believe he still has a license. He shouldn't be allowed near anyone at all.

|  Really the best  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2013

I must say the staff blew me away. From calling making my appointment to seeing the new np Lauren to seeing dr kemp and the nursing staff. Hi how are you . Ok previously person from may 28. Sounds like your just mad person. I had a miscarriage and I have never been treated like I mattered ever. The nurse called and checked on me Thank you so much for the caring enough and getting me and my family though this. You will always be my doctors.

|  terrible OBGYN  |  show details
by rsmith on May 28th, 2013

One of the most disresptectful doc I have ever had. I will not recommend him to anyone nor will I ever use him again. I love FMP, but they need to get rid of this idiot.

|  5 star  |  show details
by smith on May 13th, 2013

Nice doctor and staff .

|  DR.Kemp the best known doctor in virginia.  |  show details
by lauren brown on Mar 26th, 2013

I'd like to say first of all what a wonderful awesome doctor he was he delivered my last son Gavin after my first pregnancy I went to another doctor he was not very nice to me this known doctor you or others might be seeing in a group left after birth inside of me than began to tell me if i dont push harder he was going to leave and come back when i could.Only a few days later woke up in a pool of blood and needed to go to the emergency room immeadiatly i was close to death this particular doctors a pretty famous doctor that a lot of people go to in a group. you are gambeling with your life with busy group doctors.i never sued because im alive and in order yo fix this word dont be apart of its downfall. Can I tell you how very well I was taken care of from the minute I walked into his office to the moment my son was born he is family to me and he is a wonderful person who makes you laugh is comical he's not cold nor impersonable this man should train others in personality kindness hes got a heart of gold he will remember you and your children 7 years later.he treats you actually like you are a family member of his household.I love doctor kemp he is the best and if I was to have any of my children have children they will be seen by doctor kemp. When I was at the hospital he was there when I was in labor he was laughing with me making me have a great time he took all precautions necessary I mean he is the best you will not find a better doctor than this and I will guarantee my life on it.dr.kemp if you can read this your one amazing northerner lol...10 star worthy

|  Okay  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2013

Office Staff is excellent! Especially the receptionist-she is always so sweet and hospitable. Dr Kemp is very knowledgable, although a bit terse at times. He could stand to be a little warmer to patients, but is a very capable caregiver.

|  The Best!!!!  |  show details
Nov 20th, 2012

Dr Kemp as 2 offices. I go to Chesapeake and love love the staff. Same day appointments, Shayla and the nurses care really care. There Np Kathleen so sweet. The manager Michelle goes out of her way to say hi to me. Best office ever. The bad review I read was not this office. Switch lady !!

|  I was a patient in the Virginia Beach office  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2011

I have to say that going to Dr Kemps Va Beach Office was the WORST dr's office experience I have ever had. He has a bad beside manner and so does his nurse, Sylvia. He takes too many patients and you feel like just another $$ without much care for individuals. Not only did Dr Kemp mis-diagnosis me (reoccurring miscarriages) but then his nurse told me in front of staffs members and other patients that I was not pregnant and that I didnt know what I was talked about, when in fact I was very pregnant. Most of his patients are military wives and he treats them as those they are uneducated people and he doesnt listen very well to what his patients are saying. I may have married someone in the military, but I have a very successful college and professional career and I can understand medical procures and language! I would NEVER recommend him to anyone. There are plenty other drs in our area to pick from.

|  LOVE LOVE LOVE DR>KEMP AND STAFF  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2011

i have been a patient since 2008 and really enjoy the services provided at Dr.Kemp's office. everyone is very sweet,and i feel as though when i walk in that everyone knows me.Kathleen Waters the np is also a great lady...nothing bad about this office and would recommend and have recommended this office to several friends!!

|  Wonderful Staff!  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2011

This is my second pregnancy and I can only compare to my first OB. But I love Dr. Kemp's staff... Shayla at the front desk is SO hospitable, nurse Wendy is awesome,and Kathleen Waters (the NP) is FANTASTIC. She is SO SO friendly. I just LOVE her.Dr. Kemp is great too. Not as loose/friendly as my last dr. but he is very informed and great with any questions I have. He seems to care and is still WARM. Overall, the office is very polite and only once did I have to wait nearly 30 minutes for an appointment and that was ONLY because Dr. Kemp had an emergency delivery during office hours so he got a little backed up.

|  show details
Apr 22nd, 2010

I liked Dr. Kemp and his staff very much! They were personal, and I NEVER felt like I was just another patient. I saw Dr. Kemp through 2 of my pregnancies, and wish he had been my doctor for all 6!!! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an OB/GYN doctor.

|  Provider that cares !!  |  show details
by Renee on Jul 10th, 2009

I must say the person from 2008 has not been in the office lately. New office, bigger office, same wonderful staff ! the front office I think her name is Shayla always know who I am when I call and has the biggest smile when I go in for a visit. They have a NP Wow she is great. And the Nurese Wendy has a heart for the patients. DR Kemp Is the Best He cares about YOU ! The office administator Michelle has gone out of her way to help and many of my friends in need. Thr Biller- Paula She is very helpfull. I did find out in 2007-2008 the nurses both moved ! so turnover I think not ! Go see him if you want a provider that gives you personel touch !!

|  Best GYN/OBGYN Dr. Ever  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2009

I have been going to Dr. Kemp for 15 years. He has performed many surgeries on me and is by far the best Dr. I have ever been to. He knows his job, takes time with you, and makes you feel like his number one priority. He is awesome.

|  Doctor that should retire  |  show details
by Irelynsmom08 on May 22nd, 2008 on kudzu.com

Poor was better several years ago,staff turn over rate very high. Attitudes in office played off on patients

|  GREAT!  |  show details
by Caroline on Nov 7th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Kemp is funny, easy-going, yet professional and knowledgeable. He makes going to the doctor fun! Definitely knows what he is doing.

|  Best In Town  |  show details
by Jspence on Oct 8th, 2007 on kudzu.com

The nurses and everyone are great. Dr. Kemp takes his time with each patient to ensure all questions and concerns are answered.