Obstetrician & Gynecologist
Video profile
8950 North Kendall Drive
Miami, FL 33176
305-595-4070
Locations and availability (2)

|  amazing doctor!  |  show details
by ivonne bolanos on Apr 3rd, 2014

I recommend my doctor to anyone, hes amazing with many years of experiance, his staff is great and well informed. He follows up with you and always takes time to talk to you about anything!

|  Best doctor in town!  |  show details
by Christy on Mar 24th, 2014

Dr. Khamvongsa has been my gynecologist for several years now. Recently, I found out I was pregnant and went to see him immediately. He confirmed my pregnancy but was concerned with it's low implantation. He monitored me closely for one week and it was determined that I had a cervical ectopic pregnancy. It is extremely rare; however, Dr. K never made me feel that I was in any grave danger. He responded immediately to my condition and quickly gathered a surgical team to operate on me. His attention was beyond amazing. He was by my family's side every step of the way. His timely response to me showed that I was not just a patient, I was someone who he really cared about. Dr. Khamvongsa's optimistic and cheerful attitude helped me feel that everything was going to be alright. His is attentive not only in bed-side manner but in the office as well. He has always taken the time to explain issues thoroughly and never made me feel rushed during a visit. I will definitely continue to see him and look forward to a future pregnancy with him and his wonderful team by my side.

|  Great doctor!  |  show details
by Mayrim Perez on Mar 17th, 2014

He is not only a great doctor and a great surgeon, he is also a great human being. Thank you for bring my health back!

|  Hysterectomy  |  show details
by Carla R. Espinoza on Feb 25th, 2014

The doctor was very attentive & informative. He performed a wonderful hysterectomy on me & I am recuperating wonderfully thanks to his attention. Always available when I need him. My 21 year old is going to start going to him also!

|  Dr. khamvongsa is the best !  |  show details
by lisandra masson on Feb 21st, 2014

Dr. Khamvongsa is hands down the best OB in Miami. I would highly recommend him to anyone. I first met Dr. Khamvingsa when I found out I was pregnant I had never been to a gynecologist before and I was scared and didn't know what to expect. DR. Khamvongsa was very perfessional and made me feel comfortable. He was there anytime I had a question or concern even if it was the weekend he got back to me almost instantly. He delivered my baby boy and I have to say it was the greatest experience of my life.

|  Yoga Instructor / Administrator  |  show details
by Banu Bektas on Feb 12th, 2014

I met Dr.Khamvogsa after dreaded doctor shopping due to an OBGYN related issue I had over 4 years and since then he became my favorite doctor. Dr.Khamvongsa is very professional, he listens and gives detailed explanation. He is one phone call or e-mail away and he is always very prompt getting back to you any questions or issues you may ask him. I recommend him to anyone who needs a good doctor. Making appointment with the office can be tricky and you may end up waiting 40 min to an hour at times but it is worth it!

by Bette Oramas on Nov 27th, 2013

I had my follow-up visit today, 8 days after a partial hysterectomy due to a large Mass and a large Cyst on my ovaries. Dr. Khamvongsa is the best, I have been a patient of his for about 4 years and the patient care has been amazing. Dr. Khamvongsa is a very compassionate person, he takes his time to listen to my concerns and he is never in a rush to move on to the next patient. He gives everyone adequate time to ask questions, voice concerns, and he always puts my mind at ease. It was Dr. Khamvongsa himself who called me with the MRI results and he reassured me that we would sit down and discuss the options for my specific case. The following week we did just that and I went in to surgery without an ounce of fear. I was referred to Dr. Khamvongsa by my oldest daughter after my, then, GYN retired. I have since taken my youngest daughter to Dr. Khamvongsa and we all love him to death!! He is young yet wise beyond his years :-)

|  Excellent  |  show details
by Cristina D. on Jul 8th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Khamvongsa for about 5 years now, I can't complain about anything. He is the nicest doctor ever! He has an excellent bedside manner. He will answer all of your questions, he takes his time with you. The wait time is always very reasonable, the best I've ever had with an OB/GYN. The staff is also very friendly and courteous. I would highly recommend Dr. Khamvongsa to anyone looking for an excellent doctor.

|  No other doctor can compare to dr pk  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2012

Dr. Khamvongsa is truly one in a million! This was my second pregnancy and my first was with another doctor in which I had a horrible experience with! Dr PK was always there for me from before pregnancy and regular routine checkups to the million questions I had during and after pregnancy! He never rushed out of the visit and took his time to thoroughly explain everything to me and never made me feel dumb for asking! Visits in his office were always fun filled rather than being scared of the doctor...he always tries to make every visit a fun one so ur never scared or embarrassed! Whenever u have questions about anything even if its not pregnancy related he answers u back within minutes! For someone who is always busy with patients, delivering unexpectedly and who has his own family....time management is not an issue. I can go on and on but bottom line is he truly does love his job and u can see that at all times!

|  Great Doctor!!  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2012

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Peter Khamvongsa! I honestly could not be happier with the services I received from him. He is a great doctor and has the best bedside manners I have ever seen and that is rare in a doctor, especially these days. He takes his time with you and explains everything to you in detail, however, he doesnt make you feel dumb. Also, he will answer all your questions, even if you are a person like me that goes to each visit with a list of them. I never felt rushed during any visit. Every time I called him with a question he would call me back right away, usually within the hour. This was my 1st pregnancy and I had tons of questions about everything and he just made it such a wonderful experience. From my first visit to the day of delivery, he was nothing but great! He just makes you feel so comfortable and that is very important when you are putting your health and that of your unborn baby in his hands. I recommended a family member to him and she too loved him. I think he is a great physician and would recommend him to everyone. Honestly, once you meet him you will see all I say is true.

Aug 22nd, 2012

Dr. Khamvongsa's personality from day one has always been great, positive and jovial. He always made me feel comfortable and made routine exams fun. I am so terrified of doctor's, needles, hospitals and surgery but having him by my side gave me a huge comfort. His sense of humor always made everything light yet he was always direct and to the point and I love that about him. He always gave me every option and gave me the opportunity to think about what I wanted to do and make a decision. The delivery of m first baby with him was amazing, quick and even with minimal pain, as I was walking a day after my c-section and feeling semi "normal". Seeing the experience he has had delivering so many babies and his love for children, as he has 5 children of his own, always made me feel comforted. He has been my gyno cologist for over 5 years and now my OB for the last 9 months. I am very happy with his services and can't wait to have my second child with him by myside as my OB!

Apr 23rd, 2012

If you are looking for a friendly and excelent doctor khamvongsa is the one. I know him for 7 years and I won't change him. Office staff are very friendly too.

|  EXCELLENT DOCTOR  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2012

EXCELLENT DOCTOR!!!

Jan 20th, 2012

He had the best medical professionalism and bedside manners. High recommend Dr. Khamvongsa. We are so fortunate that he is our OBGYN!

Nov 30th, 2011

Dr. Khamvongsa is an amazing professional. He performed a D&C, Hydrothermal Endometrial Ablation, Hysteroscopy & Polypectomy on 11/23/11. The procedure went smoothly and the recovery time has been great. He is a caring individual with true skill and professionalism. I am grateful to be his patient and recommend him wholeheartedly.

|  Best OB/GYN in Miami  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2011

I can't say enough good things about Dr. K. He has been my OB/GYN for a little over 3 years now and is about to deliver my second son in a few weeks. Almost 2 kids and 2 outpatient surgeries later, Dr. K is the only OB/GYN that I will continue to recommend from here on out.

by JCabrera on Dec 10th, 2010

Dr.Khamvongsa is a wonderful OB/GYN. I would recommend him over and over. He is dedicated to his patients and their well being as well as the well being of their baby. He is there every step of your pregnancy to alleviate and comfort you through your journey and prepare you and your little bundle of joy for there appearance into the world . BEST BEST OB!!!

|  Dr. Khamvongsa is the BEST!  |  show details
by Kelli S. on Apr 26th, 2010

Dr. Khamvongsa has been a wonderful Doctor and I would strongly recommend him to other patients. I have had a history of female medical problems and was devastated to "start-over" with a new doctor when I moved to FL; however, it became important when I finally got pregnant through IVF. Dr. K. put me (and my husband) at ease during out first meeting. He had done his homework to make sure he understood my medical file. He also anticipated my concerns and was prepared to discuss. Dr. K is personable and engaging. I have never felt rushed during an appointment. He has taken an interest to not only know me, but to also know my family. He is now seeing me through my 2nd pregnancy. My husband and I trust him implicitly and know that he will see us to the finish line. I should also note that the staff people in his office are exceptional. They always remember us, they are always helpful, and they always have a smile. They are accommodating with scheduling of appointments as well as working with insurance.We have to travel 2 hours to see Dr. K and it is always worth it we wouldnt make a change!

|  Best Doctor I ever met  |  show details
by Yliana Peruyero on Apr 21st, 2010

I am 40 years old and I never felt so comfortable with any doctor as I do with Dr.Khamvongsa. His knowledge, professionalism and devotion makes him a unique individual. I would rate him an "infinite number" if it were possible. He was my surgeon, and two close friends are also his patients and we share our feelings towards his 100%.

|  DR.KHAMVONGSA * TRUE ANGEL* _THE BEST OB/GYN IN DA WORLD!  |  show details
by ANJANETTE GRACE on Apr 6th, 2010

WOW! WHERE SHOULD I START, I BECAME A PATIENT OF DR.KHAMVONGSA WHEN MY OB/GYN WASN'T LISTENING 2 ME. MY VERY FIRST VISIT WAS A SIT DOWN MEETING HE ASKED ME WHAT ISSUES OR CONCERNS I HAD. At that time I was trying to have a baby. That's when he found a large cyst on my ovary! I had to have it removed, on 1/12/2010 Dr. Khamvongsa preformed my surgery. He explained everything to me & my mother completely. His bedside manner are EXCELLLENT. He is a very caring person, he makes u feel like family. Dr.khamvongsa THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING. YOU CHANGED MY LIFE NOW I HAVE A HEALHTY CHANCE AT BEING A MOTHER. I'M PRAYIN I GET PREGGO VERY SOON! DR. KHAMVONGSA IS THE BEST.

|  DR. PETER KHAMVONGSA  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2010

DR. KHAMVONGSA DIAGNOSED MY SITUATION CORRECTLY AND THANKS TO HIM I HAD AN EXCELLENT OUTCOME. THANKYOU DR. FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP DURING THIS CRITICAL TIME!SINCERELY,CHRISTINA BOYD

|  He is the best Gyn i have ever seen  |  show details
by yalelys caballero on Mar 2nd, 2010

I am so glad that i took my friends advice an changed doctors you are a great doctor took the time to see me with no rush an was very patient with me you made my appt very easy an your staff as well, you are quite a guy i will be seeing you next week in surgery an im sure it will all turned out great thanks for everything you are the best.....

|  caring doctor  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2009

This doctor is a very caring one. he's not like the rest that runs in looks at you without talking to you and then rushes out. Dr. Khamvonsga will actually sit and talk with you about the issues you might be having. he also delivered my baby and did a fabulous job!

Doctor's Response

Thank you very much for your kind words and great reviews! I truly appreciate it.