What a jerk! show details What a jerk!
Sep 8th, 2015

He walked into the room and immediately insulted me (the mother of the patient). 'What a big woman you are!" Yes, I am overweight. What does this have to do with my child's health issue? In his records about my son, who is autistic, he writes that he was sullen, withdrawn, obese. He tells us during the appointment that he doesn't really believe in all of the autism diagnoses - just parents not doing their jobs, he said. (I'd love to see him raise an autistic kid in a disciplinary way and see how far that gets him!) When he decided to do the T&A and all of the accompanying surgeries, I asked if he would put PE tubes in his ears as well. He asked me how many ear infections my son had recently. One, I told him and before I could go on to say that it had been one LONG continuous one that lasted 3 months and that caused his drum to rupture, he cut me off and said that's not enough and he wouldn't let me finish my sentence. A couple of months later an ENT that lives closer to us had to put my son under anesthesia again for the quick and simple procedure. I am SO glad I don't have to deal with this flotsam anymore. UGH!

by MARIKA on Apr 8th, 2014

I have the most respect for Dr Koltai. When he was still at the Cleveland Clinic he handled my son and his tubes. Very helpful, kind and honest. I wish he would still be hear in Cleveland. Miss him.

Parent show details Parent
by Jose C Soler on Feb 5th, 2014

Please Beware!!! Dr Koltai makes most of his money out of surgeries. He will order from the getgo a sleep study for your child to build a case to operate on your child, whether this is medical necessary or not. His interest comes first, although in the surface he might appear as a wonderful doctor for your child. He is not. Make sure you challenge him with questions. Most likely he will loose temper and deny further services for your kid until the sleep study is done. Once the sleep study is done he will advise that your child needs Adenoidectomy, or other form of invasive surgical procedure. He will go happy to the bank at the suffering of your child. Please, please get a second opinion and steer away from this guy.

Apr 13th, 2009

he is the most amazing doctor i ever dealt with