Dr. Peter Kosek, MD
Pain Management Specialist, Anesthesiologist (pain control)
Video profile

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jun 13th, 2016

This doctor violates HIPAA violations with his office and he walks into your room and says I'm going to cure you 80% chance I don't know of any cure for arthritis after being a paramedic for twenty-six years I was appalled

Jun 2nd, 2016

He was rude. Talked down to me and had me in tears by the time I left.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry you felt unheard and frustrated. Due to privacy laws and the anonymity of your review, I cannot address your concerns on this forum. However, I invite you to submit your comments on our website/contact us/grievance and feedback form and I can respond to your concerns directly. Best wishes!

Mar 9th, 2016

So I went to my pain management appt with Dr Kosek today. Same crap as last time. He suggests acupuncture, yoga or water excersize. That isn't going to help herniated disks.... he checked reflexes, heart and lungs.... NEVER ONCE did he look at my back.... he pulled up OLD mri and CT scans.... not the most recent...... He just isn't a good dr at all. Yoga, physical therapy and water excersize will not repair herniated disks. I have all 3 mri scans on disk as well as the written reports that clearly state I have herniated and bulging discs as well as degenerative disc disease..... in my opinion he needs to go back to school or contact radiology and get more info on patients who have imaging done before suggesting acupuncture etc.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback. I have received and responded to your similar review on Facebook. As mentioned there, I cannot discuss the specifics of your case on public review sites due to patient privacy laws. However, I invite you to complete our online form and we would be happy to contact you directly to address your concerns. As I cannot post the link in this form, please refer to my response on Facebook.

What a joke show details What a joke
by Eileen on Feb 25th, 2016

I just seen this dr a couple days ago after waiting 5 months to get into him. He had his mind made up before he even came through the door that my problem is fibromyalgia. He didn't review any records showing my spine, nor my knee that is totally bone on bone. Wants me off of the few pain meds Iam taking along with Lorazapam for my panic disorder. Says I need to exercise and go swimming 3 times a day. I tried to get him to understand my pain threshold and he accused me of attacking him. and again wants to reprogram my brain. the problem isn't my brain. I've never been treated so horribly by a so called professional in my life. I wouldn't even take a animal to such a quack. Now I don't know where to turn to.

doesn't care about patients show details doesn't care about patients
by Lyn on Feb 3rd, 2016

I have chronic pain and in the last 6 months has cut meds down 2/3 and he doesn't care at all that I am having major pain and can't even sweep my small floor

Jun 17th, 2015

He is so rude and dismissive- I have seen him twice and left in tears both times!

arrogant show details arrogant
May 5th, 2015

The worst experience with a dr in my life. he insisted i had fibromylgia rather than take the time to look at my mris which showed two other chronic pain conditions,his pa implied I was a drug addict and refused to listen to anything I had to say,they were both very arrogant and totally contradicted what my primary physcian has told me over the years, they both acted as tho I was making up my pain. I would never recommend him to anyone and am tempted to report him to the medical board!!!Horrible experience

There just HAS to be better docs than this one show details There just HAS to be better docs than this one
Dec 16th, 2014

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

Ex Pt by choice show details Ex Pt by choice
by Todd T. on Aug 21st, 2014

I have seen Kosek a couple of different times. I was reffered to him by my neurologist after my 4th spinal surgery. The plan was to have him assess and perform a series of targetted nerve injections. I went with the understanding that this man would be on the same page as the surgeon who sent me. After the initial asessment and going over MRI imaging and such, he explained in detail how he would proceed with a good anti depressant medication because I was just seeking attention. He began to raise his voice and tell me that he could not help me. He actually did write me a prescription for Prozac. I still have it and will gladly prove this mans arrogance and baffoonary. I laughed so much at him while he yelled at me that I left in mord pain than when I arrived. My second visit consisted of him saying that he did not remember anything of the sort and wanted to schedule an L-5 injection. Needless to say, I passed on that one.

WHAT A CREEP! show details WHAT A CREEP!
by MnM on Apr 19th, 2014

Do not go to this man! He is disrespectful and very harmful. I had my second visit today and he was a complete creep and due to legal issues I cant say anymore . Always record your visits you cannot trust this guy with anything.I can't rate him a -10 on this rating system above so the -10 is correct

dont waste your time and money show details dont waste your time and money
by frustrated patient on Sep 20th, 2013

This guy is hard to follow, disrespectful, unwilling to take a patient at their word. He is friendly at first but then becomes more and more insensitive and ruthless. He, unlike most other pain management doctors, forgets that the few minutes spent in that exam room will greatly affect all of the hours and days spent outside of that place. Don't dare have any problems with meds because this guy will tell you to kick rocks and get lost.

dont bother show details dont bother
by gail on Aug 21st, 2013

The most memorable about this appt was the total lack of treatment for my son who has a broken back. Excersize really? Gotta be able to get out of bed first. No other recommendation? Nothing for the pain? Nothing is what he got. Not even asprin. We didnt expect anything from this office and thats what we got.

Doing me a favor. show details Doing me a favor.
Feb 11th, 2013

I met with Dr. Kosek 2 times and since that time all contact has been with PA's, lab and office assistant staff. Yearly random drug screening is much more frequent (2-3) times a year. I have never failed a drug screen and yet this has become an extra and ongoing expense. They made an error and my last appointment today had not been entered on their system. I had the appointment card which confirmed it was their error. I guess they feel that my time is not valuable. They could not fit me in because they were too busy. As a result I must now ration my drugs to make it until the appointment they rescheduled 7 days from the one they messed up. Do not use this Doctor and his staff if you want compassionate and respectful treatment from a staff that is courteous.

Mar 1st, 2011

I received tremendous relief from his procedures. He was professional at our appointments. The doctor was able to project my MRI on a screen in the exam room. Then he went over my images in detail with me.

long term patient of Dr Kosek show details long term patient of Dr Kosek
Feb 26th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr Kosek for a few years now. He was recommended to me by a very good friend whose mother is a patient. He's patient and has a very calm demeanor. He always takes the time to explain things to me. I feel 100% confident in him. I have had injections in my neck by him ... I trust him. I have to say that he is the ONLY Dr. I will see in his office though. His staff is nice as well.

Dec 5th, 2010

Dr. Kosek was recommended to me by another physician. I was able to make my first appt with him within a couple weeks of first contact, and he explained my condition, pointing out my problems on X-rays/MRI. He talks a softly, and seems a bit reserved, but I'm OK with him. If you have to get injections in your back, you need to let the staff know if you are tolerant of pain meds like I am so they can adjust that accordingly. I have recommended Dr. Kosek to others and will go back to him if needed.

May 12th, 2010

Pain managment requires visits more often than every 4 or 5 weeks. Yes, that's right, I said 4 to 5 weeks!! He's too busy!!

Dec 18th, 2009