Dr. Peter Kosek MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Eugene, OR

2.5

January 28th, 2017
Arrogant and mean-spirited
My pain is horrible due to several unfortunate accidents. There are times when I scream in agony. Kosek discounted my pain, did not listen to me, would not answer my well-researched questions, and told me I should not be on pain medication. I was a patient for many years. Kosek changed for the worst and it shows in the way he treats people and how he discounts and degrades his patients. Yes, I have spoken with other patients of his.

January 27th, 2017
A caring and gifted physician.
After having several ablation procedures over several years, I have found Dr. Kosek to be a great listener whose compassion and expertise has given me a vastly improved quality of life.

January 24th, 2017
Dr. Kosek explained my spine problem on a level that I understood completely with what he would be doing and why. He showed me the MRI and pointed out the area he needed to inject. Thank you Dr Kosek! I wish you all the best in your future Endeavors.

December 9th, 2016
Horrible Doctor that wouldn't even listen to a thing I had to say. I just had a major surgery and he said I should not be on pain medication. He told me to stop taking it and go to physical therapy. I have been going to physical therapy and the physical therapist says the doctor needs to get my pain under control so we can try to work through the therapy. I'm in horrible pain and this doctor does not care. I am not a druggy and I have no issue turning in my clean urine test. This is the worst doctor that I've EVER seen. Avoid him at all cost!!!

August 16th, 2016
No longer caring for chronic pain patients
Dr Kosec and I have had over a 10 year relationship. I've continued to decrease opiats for chronic CRPS. Over the past year he has been sadistic in his reduction of meds. EPA? Chronic Pain patients are not junkies. They are not part of the current USA opiats that are getting into the wrong hands of our young.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback. Due to the anonymity of your review and patient privacy laws, I cannot comment specifically on your case. If you would like to discuss your care, I encourage you to either talk to me at your next appointment or submit your comments through our online grievance/comment form at (URL). What I can say is that I make my medical recommendations based on the information available to me, and though my recommendations may not always be what people expect or want to hear, they are made with the best interests of the patient’s health and well-being in mind. I strongly believe that patients should have access to needed medications, and know that the vast majority of patients use their drugs responsibly as prescribed. However, many medications have significant risks and side effects, and many are simply not very effective for some conditions. I weigh the risks, benefits and history of success when managing medications. I understand that changes to treatment can be intimidating for many patients, even if the previous treatment wasn’t particularly successful. But it is my goal – and duty – to make recommendations I think will have the greatest positive impact with the least likelihood of harm. Again, I can’t discuss your care directly, but if you are not happy with your current treatment plan, I hope you will work with me to develop a plan that works.

June 13th, 2016
This doctor violates HIPAA violations with his office and he walks into your room and says I'm going to cure you 80% chance I don't know of any cure for arthritis after being a paramedic for twenty-six years I was appalled
Doctor's Response

I am sorry you were unhappy with the care you received. Due to the anonymity of your review and patient privacy laws, I am unfortunately unable to comment on your complaint. I would, however, appreciate the opportunity to determine what may have happened and clarify any miscommunication. I encourage you to submit your comments though our website/contact us/grievance and feedback form. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to resolve the issue quickly for you.

June 2nd, 2016
He was rude. Talked down to me and had me in tears by the time I left.
Doctor's Response

I am sorry you felt unheard and frustrated. Due to privacy laws and the anonymity of your review, I cannot address your concerns on this forum. However, I invite you to submit your comments on our website/contact us/grievance and feedback form and I can respond to your concerns directly. Best wishes!

March 9th, 2016
So I went to my pain management appt with Dr Kosek today. Same crap as last time. He suggests acupuncture, yoga or water excersize. That isn't going to help herniated disks.... he checked reflexes, heart and lungs.... NEVER ONCE did he look at my back.... he pulled up OLD mri and CT scans.... not the most recent...... He just isn't a good dr at all. Yoga, physical therapy and water excersize will not repair herniated disks. I have all 3 mri scans on disk as well as the written reports that clearly state I have herniated and bulging discs as well as degenerative disc disease..... in my opinion he needs to go back to school or contact radiology and get more info on patients who have imaging done before suggesting acupuncture etc.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback. I have received and responded to your similar review on Facebook. As mentioned there, I cannot discuss the specifics of your case on public review sites due to patient privacy laws. However, I invite you to complete our online form and we would be happy to contact you directly to address your concerns. As I cannot post the link in this form, please refer to my response on Facebook.

February 25th, 2016
What a joke
I just seen this dr a couple days ago after waiting 5 months to get into him. He had his mind made up before he even came through the door that my problem is fibromyalgia. He didn't review any records showing my spine, nor my knee that is totally bone on bone. Wants me off of the few pain meds Iam taking along with Lorazapam for my panic disorder. Says I need to exercise and go swimming 3 times a day. I tried to get him to understand my pain threshold and he accused me of attacking him. and again wants to reprogram my brain. the problem isn't my brain. I've never been treated so horribly by a so called professional in my life. I wouldn't even take a animal to such a quack. Now I don't know where to turn to.

February 3rd, 2016
doesn't care about patients
I have chronic pain and in the last 6 months has cut meds down 2/3 and he doesn't care at all that I am having major pain and can't even sweep my small floor

June 17th, 2015
He is so rude and dismissive- I have seen him twice and left in tears both times!

May 5th, 2015
arrogant
The worst experience with a dr in my life. he insisted i had fibromylgia rather than take the time to look at my mris which showed two other chronic pain conditions,his pa implied I was a drug addict and refused to listen to anything I had to say,they were both very arrogant and totally contradicted what my primary physcian has told me over the years, they both acted as tho I was making up my pain. I would never recommend him to anyone and am tempted to report him to the medical board!!!Horrible experience