Dr. Peter Kwon MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Placentia, CA

no change

March 19th, 2016
The best doctor
Dr Kwon is the best doctor I've ever seen. He's one of a kind, very compassionate, professional, efficient, down to earth and really cares about his patients. He wouldn't prescribe you antibiotics unless you really need it. He's the only doctor who told me to take probiotics while taking the antibiotics. No other doctor will tell you that and that's just one of the things that you know that he cares about your health . He's very thorough and takes time with his patients and takes time to notate everything in his records. I would recommend him to all who's seeking a doctor who really cares about his patients and not about money. God bless you Dr Kwon and may God give you a long life to help more people. :)

September 16th, 2012
Well, people!Listen up!Look around you and take a closer look!Giant medical groups are taking over.My wife went to one, and the doctor spent7 minutes with her and charged her $400.After our dear begging, it was discounted to $300.So, she changed her doctor to Dr. Kwon.He spent 55 minutes of his time and charged her $40. He's genuine, smart, caring and really down to earth.He's not interested in money at all.His full dedication to best patient caretakes the #1 priority. You'll not find that kind of doctor anywhere on this day and age.

June 22nd, 2012
Thank you.
I would and have recommend Dr. Kwon to family and friends here really listens to what your saying and has noticed somethings another doctor overlooked. Thank you Dr. Kwon

June 10th, 2012
Exceptional Doctor. Highly Recommend To Friends And Family.
I recommend Dr. Kwon as the kind of family doctor everyone needs. He is a caring person and a great doctor. He spends a lot of time with his patients. He is so good with my friends and family. Reading the reviews, below, I can confidently echo that I concur with the positive feedback. He is consistently excellent.

June 9th, 2012
A doctor who takes the time
After switching between one doctor and another, I saw Dr. Kwon. I've been seeing him for nearly 10 years now, and my experience has been only getting better, particularly after his move to Placentia.One thing you can count on is that he takes the time to listen to what I have to say. From what I hear, this is something that is uncommon nowadays. But Dr. Kwon's body language, bedside manner, and willingness to spend quality time with me has made me one of the lucky few who can really communicate with her doctor. Another thing is that Dr. Kwon is really patient with my children when I'm not in the condition to call him and understands how important my family is.I've recommended Dr. Kwon to my friends and family, and have heard similar things from them as well.

June 1st, 2012
God bless you, Dr. Kwon!
nThank you, Dr. Kwon for providing my mother with extraordinary care. You went over-and-beyond the call of duty to make sure that she was well. Your bedside manner is unlike any other. Thank you for caring about your patients and for showing our whole family so much good grace. You are a class act, Dr. Kwon. Thank you, also, for always making time to talk to the family. Thank you for getting to know all of us and for reminding us that WE BELONG TO EACH OTHER. You have changed our lives. Thank you for being you. God bless you, always.

June 1st, 2012
DR. KWON IS INCOMPARABLE!! HE HAS SAVED MY GRANDMOTHER'S LIFE, COUNTLESS TIMES!! GOD BLESS YOU, DR. KWON!!
Dr. Kwon is, BAR-NONE, the most exceptional doctor our family has ever had the HONOR to meet. He is a BLESSING. It is scarcely possible to write this review without getting choked up about how GRACIOUSLY he has come into our lives & made our lives better, simply by doing what he does for every, single one of his patients: CARING FOR THEM AS THOUGH THEY WERE MEMBERS OF HIS OWN FAMILY. How many times could I really say that about ANY healthcare professional in the past? THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I have ever felt SO compelled by a doctor that I actively SOUGHT OUT a site to share my story with the world. With every fiber of my being, I want to shout it from the rooftops that EVERY, SINGLE PERSON who needs a primary care physician/internist NEEDS to schedule a time to meet with Dr. Kwon the next time he/she feels under the weather. I have never met a doctor like Dr. Kwon, needless to say. I have never met a HUMAN BEING like Dr. Kwon. He is a RARE breed. He has ALWAYS done right by my family. We have trusted him & 100% of the time, his INTEGRITY & EXPERTISE has proven us RIGHT. THAT IS THE KIND OF PERSON HE IS: the TRULY valiant unique individual who can be trusted with your life in his hands. That is a tall order that Dr. Kwon HONORS on a daily basis. I have seen this man in action with my own eyes, time & time again, observing the UNDENIABLE consistency with which he WHOLLY cares for his patients. My family would commute any distance to continue to remain in his care. THAT is the level of integrity, professionalism, & HEART OF GOLD with which Dr. Kwon runs his practice. Once you meet him, he becomes a part of the family. It is a wonder why we accept the care of doctors who treat us as mere transactional, expendable objects, making us so very aware that healthcare MUST be a business, when in our lifetimes, there is a Dr. Kwon at our access, who stands for something COMPLETELY removed from that raucous. He is simply out of this world: COMPASSIONATE, RESPECTFUL, HONEST, GENUINE, THOROUGH, etc. Prior to meeting Dr. Kwon, had I known healthcare could be rendered with a PULSE, a CONSCIENCE, such EMPATHY, & an unspeakable REGARD FOR HUMANITY, I would have moved mountains to enable my grandmother to meet him sooner.If more physicians were like him, the whole country would be in better health, WITHOUT DOUBT. GOD ONLY KNOWS that my grandmothers life has been forever changed by Dr. Kwons due diligence. She has end-stage ischemic cardiomyopathy. She has somehow defied all medical reason by sustaining this condition for nearly a decade. Undoubtedly, she has spent all of these years in a TREMENDOUS amount of pain. I cannot even tell you how many times other doctors have tried to send her straight to hospice care, thinking she would not live for more than a few months. They saw an old lady with a heart issue, they never got to know her, they never heard what she had to say, they were so quick to dismiss her ailments as being "textbook" instead of CLEARLY understanding that she represents the EXCEPTION of EXCEPTIONS. She serves as living proof that she is, by & large, a medical anomaly. When she met Dr. Kwon, his approach was DIFFERENT. He absolutely saw that she was exceptional, he has treated her with this exception in mind, & he has done so with nothing but the best possible outcomes in every circumstance. What more could we ask of any doctor than the best that he has? Without hesitation, our whole family can say that Dr. Kwon gives us his best. GOD BLESS HIM for balancing the equation in a world full of C students.The credit to Dr. Kwon goes on & on. What I have learned in all of these years of meeting countless doctors is how PRECIOUS a GREAT primary care physician is, INARGULABLY, & as it relates to ALL KINDS/LEVELS of care. Even in cases that require specialists, it takes a GOOD primary care physician who REALLY listens to you, who REALLY takes the time to get to know you, who REALLY cares about your exceptional wellbeing to refer you to the right specialists. It is no great leap to assume that Dr. Kwon gets to know his colleagues works & specialties as closely as he gets to know his patients. THAT IS HIS NATURE: he LEARNS people. It is only logical that any specialist is only as STRONG as the primary care physicians proclivity & ability to get to know other physicians, as well as his proclivity & ability to get to know his patients. Dr. Kwons BEING is the common denominator, here. The primary care physician is THE MOST IMPORTANT PIECE of the puzzle & MOST ESPECIALLY when a patients needs exceed the scope of an internists areas of practice: some may believe that this is a counterintuitive assumption, but it is a truth that the public MUST be aware of in order to maneuver the medical world with greater ease. The primary care physician SHOULD BE viewed as THE HUB for all other services/care. So many of us assume that our internists are only good for the basic check-ups & much to my surprise, the opposite is true.As THE HUB, Dr. Kwon has referred my grandmother to the BEST specialists in their fields, be it in cardiology, or pain management, or gastroenterology, etc. He has served as THE HUB with such effectiveness that the best of the best doctors have made the time to care for my grandmother. We would not have otherwise been able to get our foot in the door with these specialists. Dr. Kwon continues to make it possible for my grandmother to be treated with the best of care & BY the best. In the most difficult of times, during the most extenuated circumstances, through the most arduous of prognoses, Dr. Kwon has unfailingly remained INVESTED in the process of providing COMPLETE healthcare. Even after he has referred a number of specialists to treat my grandmother, his involvement in her care has not lessened. He does not pass the buck. He commits to the WHOLE process of wellness. He has gone the mile for us, fought the good fight for us, & he has prevailed. My grandmother is ALIVE, today, because he has prevailed doing nothing more than the due diligence he shows all of his patients. WHAT A WONDERFUL DOCTOR!!Had we listened to any other doctor during this process, she would likely be dead. Dr. Kwon made all the difference in the world. The medical profession is full of desensitized, pessimistic, whatever pays off that college loan drones. THANK GOD for miraculous professionals like Dr. Kwon, who serve their calling as though it were a stewardship. He is a paragon of COMPASSION, MORAL FORTITUDE, & INTEGRITY in his field. He deserves a commendation for the work that he continues to do, tirelessly & thanklessly. He spends so much time with his patients & virtually no time with marketing himself, understandable. He is humble, salt of the Earth, & incomparably laser focused on the CARE in healthcare & not on the business of healthcare. This, of course, prompts me to want to tell even MORE people about him. HE DESERVES IT. I am sitting next to my grandmothers hospital bedside, as I write this review. This visit is just ANOTHER example of how Dr. Kwons efforts saved my grandmothers life. A couple of weeks ago, my grandmother was at St. Joseph Hospital. Her right leg swelled the day she was discharged & without doing any tests, the doctor over there simply dismissed the cause as fluid build up from her congestive heart failure. Again, only ONE of her legs was swollen. In all of these years of taking care of her, I have never seen congestive heart failure cause fluid to ONLY build up in one leg. In any case, she was discharged. My orders from him were to give her more medications to drain the fluid from her body. Even with the added dosage of medication, the swelling did not subside. I made an appointment with Dr. Kwon (whom we had not seen for a while because we had moved one mistake I will not be repeating ever again). He immediately ordered an ultrasound, just to make sure that she did not have blood clots. LOW & BEHOLD, there were a SLEW of blood clots in her leg. These clots could have dislodged & traveled into other areas of the body, causing her to have a heart attack, a stroke, etc. She was rushed to the emergency room of St. Jude in Fullerton. Long story short(er), with Dr. Kwons continued advice & care, she is well on her way to recovery. It is possible that she will be released in the next day or so. Through Dr. Kwons referral network, she was also introduced to Dr. Yeng, a TREMENDOUS cardiologist, who has expertly explored options to improve her heart condition with success, no less!! Seriously, my grandmother has hit the healthcare jackpot & she has a team of brilliant doctors who have imparted their wealth of knowledge & experience to tend to her health with impeccable excellence. All the while, we will never forget that the winning ticket came by way of one Dr. Peter B. Kwon. THANK YOU, Dr. Kwon, FOR EVERYTHING! From the bottom of our hearts, we truly love you. GOD BLESS YOU.

May 3rd, 2012
Best doctor I ever had.
This doctor is such a great doctor. He is not only compassionate and caring, he is effective in his work. Whatever your ailment is, he is going to do the best for the patient. He is like a small town doctor with no ego and does everything that he can to help you. Our family was blessed to come across this doctor after a lifetime of doctors who were ok. I truly am thankful to have found such a great doctor.

March 7th, 2011
Dr. Kwon is the most compassionate doctorI have ever known. He gives concierge(VIP)service for free.I can actually talk to him on the phone whenever I have a problem, even at 5AM! And, on the weekends! Once I was very sick on the weekend. He saw me rightaway without the huge additional charge of emergency room or urgent care.