Dr. Peter Lavine MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

September 16th, 2015
Exceptional physician.

June 16th, 2015
Hip fracture repaired but doctor has not spoken to me since pre-op
Had a hip fracture on bicycle. While it was on a Sunday, I was okay waiting until 4pm to have surgery even though my injury occurred at 7:30am. Dr. Levine only spoke to me prior to surgery when I asked the anesthesiologist (who was about to begin administering anesthesia) if the doctor was going to speak to me prior to surgery. Today is Tuesday and it is almost noon. Dr. Lavine is nowhere to be seen and has not followed up with me at all since before my surgery. I have asked nurses to put me in touch with him since after I woke up from surgery on Sunday evening.

October 12th, 2012
Caring and Dedicated
Yes. You will wait a long time to see Dr. Lavine. But he's very caring and open to your comments and questions. On my last visit regarding a broken finger, I no longer had insurance. Dr. Lavine worked with me so that I could get the care I needed. Also, he won't keep you as a patient longer than needed. His radiologist is so kind too.

May 24th, 2012
1st appt of the day and still waited forever
Everytime I went to see him I waited forever, including when I was the first appointment of day. I inquired to see if he was in surgery and was told no, but was not given any explanation. In addition, he is very brusque, does not answer questions and his bedside manner borders on rude!

March 2nd, 2012
excellent and dedicated physician
De Lavine performed arthroscopic knee surgery on me, a hip replacement on my husband and surgery on my daughter-in-laws torn achilles. In all cases he was right on as far as the diagnosis. Dr. Lavine answered all my questions and explained the issues in layman's terms. He is a very careful surgeon and followed up on my condition. He was very attentive to my husband as he had some blood pressure complications but his surgery went fine. Dr. Lavine is not what I would call a overly talkative surgeon, but he is very careful and knowledgeable. I highly recommend him.

August 18th, 2010
good listener, gave me treatment options
Dr. Levine was a good conversationalist and took his time with the appointment. he listened to my treatment preferences and past experiences, then gave me two options for proceeding.

March 23rd, 2010
Dr. Lavine was rude and unprofessional
When I went to Dr. Lavine about a Worker's Comp injury, he demanded to know why I came to see him twice in two weeks, told me to get surgery on my spine, and when I asked for written authorization for the surgery, threw me out of his office. He told me he wouldn't treat me any longer and refused to speak to me. He sent in a receptionist to explain my MRI results to me. "Do you have a medical degree?" I asked. "No" she said.

October 19th, 2009
My Knee Arthroscopy
Had a MRI report stating Meniscus and ACL tear. As there was no swelling Dr. said it might not be a ACL tear.. and went ahead with operating for Meniscus rectification, to find out that the Meniscus was intact and the ACL was torn (Unrepairable). As we never thought about this option, we could not rectify the ACL. Not sure if this was whose mistake...

January 14th, 2009
Very cavalier about having patients wait hours to see him
I had to reschedule a few times after already being in his office with over an hour wait in front of me. The last appointment Dr Lavine came into his own office one hour AFTER my appointment time which means I was sitting there for an hour for nothing as there was no doctor present. He offered no apology and was not in the least concerned. Very cavalier. Do not make an appointment with him unless you have 3 hours to burn.