inactive

Peter J Lennarson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

December 16th, 2013
horrible dr!!
I was in a severe car accident and had been misdiagnosed for over a year. when i finally found out what was wrong, i learned that it was a very, very rare disease and few doctors even know about it. I had seen a few doctors before him and scheduled an appointment with him to see if at some point i'd have to have surgery since his staff had told me he had a couple other patients with my spinal cord disease. During the entire appointment he made me feel like i was an idiot and that i was wasting his time. He said he would order an mri in a few months to see if anything had changed..not caring about my quality of life, pain or anything. He wasnt concerned at all. After i had the mri a few months after my appointment with him, i called to ask if he had gone over it so i could know my results..i called multiple times and every time the nurses had told me he would review the results and give me a call. I got tired of waiting for him and know the drill so i went to Kaiser and had them give me a copy of my report..i already had a disk with the images from a week prior right after the mri. On the report, it says the drs who had already reviewed it, and this gem of a dr had already reviewed it and never even called me back to let me know. This is ridiculous! Its now almost 2 weeks after mri and i still have yet to hear from him. Even worse that on my mri things have changed and grown and he doesnt have the respect to call me and let me know. Unacceptable! Would never, ever recommend him to anyone and i cant wait to find a different doctor who actual cares about me!

June 5th, 2013
Had severe sciatica for a year. Was referred to Dr. Lennarson who performed microscopic disc surgery. In one hour I woke up pain free and have been so (for that disc) for 2 1/2 years . . . even playing golf. A new disc problem arose (another herniated disc). Dr. Lennarson recommended no surgery as there was no acute, ongoing pain. let's wait to see if it resolves itself. I thought this was impressive since he is a surgeon. He's tops in my book.

July 3rd, 2012
Excellent
Dr. Lennarson fused my L3, l4, & L5. He did an excellent job. He was a very attentive surgeon and the follow-up was very helpful. His aide, Jed, was also very, very helpful. I have called with questions and Jed has always answered them for me immediately or asked Dr. Lennarson and called me back with the answers. I was very apprehensive before surgery but Dr. Lennarson was very reassuring and knowledgable and very helpful. I would go to Dr. Lennarson again in a minute. My son also went to Dr. Lennarson, who then performed surgery on his back. What a difference! My son had several problems with his back, one of which was a broken bone that had settled in my son's back and had to be dug out. Dr/ Lennarson practically rebuilt part of his back and he has been pain free since the surgery - 3+ yrs. now. Excellent surgeon!

January 3rd, 2012
Wait time two hours plus!..
I made two visits to Dr. Lennarson's office. The first time I waited over an hour but when he finally came in he had looked at my records and MRIs. he was very encouraging about surgical correction of my lower back pain, not involving fusion. He told us about a new procedure he could try but first he wanted to pinpoint the source of my pain trough a nerve block which should be scheduled through the pain management clinic. When I arrived on the day of the scheduled appointment, I was embarrassed to try to correct the nurses when they said I was going to have a steroid shot,The shot was effective but only for two weeks. I called back for another appointment with Dr Lennarson. After waiting six weeks for the appointment, I arrived ahead of time thinking if he was busy, maybe being early might help to get me in. This time I waited 2 hours. Like a previous patient mentioned, after an hour-and-one-half, a nurse practitioner came in, for reasons unknown. She had not read any of my records, and offered no new information. She finally left saying she would get the Dr. This time when he came in, he was over two hours late and I was just getting ready to walk! I was disappointed that he now had no solution other than fusion that may or not. He said I was not a candidate for what he had recommended the first time but gave no explanation.

July 2nd, 2011
Respect for patient
After an hour+ of waiting in the waiting room the secretary went and got the nurse and then I waited another 30 min in the room. The PA came in and reviewed scans then went to get the Dr. and 30 min later came back to tell me what he said and told me that he didn't have time to see me due to a new patient needing his time. By then I had waited 2.5 hrs and was told he didn't have time to see me after I had waited 6 weeks to get an appt.??? The first appt. I waited over 2 hrs to see him but at least I got to see him. I understand how busy he is but if they don't have room for new patients then please respect my time enough to say so. The Dr. was very knowledgable and I'm sure a good surgeon but patients deserve to be treated with more respect than that. The front desk was VERY helpful and appreciated.

July 12th, 2010
Very pleased, he was very kind and understanding and to the point with they procedure that he was going to do. Excellent staff at the med center.