Dr. Peter Lewitt MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 24th, 2017
Great. Compassionate doctor
Doctor LeWitt listened and explained things in a way that eased my anxiety. He let me tape the session so I could go back and listen again.

June 16th, 2016
No Tests Ordered, Spins Off with Script
Waited several months to see this specialist. Have sudden hearing loss, tremors, memory loss, & now glaucoma, all at age 40. My mom died from a rare autoimmune disease I have a 50% chance of inheriting. He told me my glaucoma was caused by Lasik surgery last year & my hearing loss by sleep apnea! Never mind my genetic predisposition to an autoimmune disease. He ordered zero tests & just wanted to know what other drs had told me might be wrong. Prescribed me Klonopin, 2 hr wait after scheduled appt., waste of time. Told me to come back in 6 months to give him results of tests other drs have ordered. So why bother going back to him at all? He somewhat treated one SYMPTOM of what is wrong with me, he did not bother to try to DIAGNOSE my issues. Just to let him know what other drs come up with. He should have ordered tests himself or referred me to a dr who is more of an expert, not spin me off with Klonopin. 2 hour wait time was completely unacceptable. Bedside manner very uncomfortable. No level of trust in this dr because he honestly did barely anything, did not explain too much, seemed rushed.

June 7th, 2012
wait time unreal!
We waited over 2 hours with out seeing the Dr. The girls took down all our info and did all his work for him, so you'd think that would speed up the wait time. We were so tired after driving an hour and then waiting 2+ hours we decided to go home. There is a definite need to extend the time between appointments so that people aren't waiting so long. The people that come to Dr Lewitt are usually very ill and tire easily and he should be able to shorten the time. The girls called to apologize but you'd think the Dr. would call. This is not the first time this has happened, it is everytime. One time he never said goodby and we waited 30 minutes for him to return! Good Dr. if you don't mind waiting!

December 10th, 2010
Compassionate Doctor
I've been seeing Dr. LeWitt for 5 yrs. now. He is the most caring and understanding doc. Always listens to what you have to say or ask. I feel so grateful to have him as my doc.

December 1st, 2010
Extremely compassionate and very patient! Extremely informative! Amazingly connected and engaged in the thoughts and experiences of the patient(me)from the physical perspective (symptoms) but also the emotional side of existing with a disorder in everyday life. What was so refreshing was in a very short meeting he was completely able to empathize with the emotional perspective that I was feeling. He came to his conclusions medically but didn't forget about the other important stuff for a patient...being human! He knows his stuff inside and out. He hears and absorbs what you are saying. He is open, fair, professional and clear! He cares!!!!

February 23rd, 2015