Dr. Peter Loeb MD Patient Reviews

2.7
  • 29 reviews

January 3rd, 2017
He is the best Orthopedic in Tallahassee
I have treated with Dr. Loeb for all things orthopedic. Never have I been dissatisfied and love him to death. He fixes the problem and does not over medicate so if you are drug seeking you have gone to the wrong place. I have never not been acknowledged by him nor have I heard him not acknowledge others. Walls are thin. Regardless of what you may feel his attitude is, he is the best Tallahassee has to offer and you are just doing yourself an injustice by going elsewhere because maybe he had a bad day and hurt your feelings by telling the truth.

December 3rd, 2016
By orthroscopic surgery, Dr. Loeb trimmed torn medial meniscus ligaments in both of my knees 15 years ago. I was waalking without crutches 2 days after surgery, and haven't had any problems with my knees since. I highly reccomend Dr. Loeb to anyone needing orthopedic surgery. Unlike a lot of doctors, he took a personal interest in my case both pre and post-op.

November 3rd, 2016
Personal Injury
I feel compelled to treat with Dr. Loeb because my coworkers are directed to see him for work related injuries. I was a little apprehensive at first but I have treated now with him for four different conditions and am very grateful for his services. He is a very well educated physician, he can usually just examine you and tell you what is wrong but always follows up with diagnostic studies. Yes, he has made me cry and may not have the best bedside manner everyday but I have to hand it to him, he is super awesome and no one will ever treat me orthopedically but him if I can help it. He is the best unknown secret that Tallahassee has to offer in the medical community.

June 23rd, 2016
Dr. Loeb was extremely rude and impatient!

May 26th, 2016
I saw him for a foot problem and I was told information I could have gotten off of Web MD. He was in and out so quickly I don't even know if my problem even registered with him. I spent more time with the nurse & aid than him. With a comeback later for a checkup. So disappointed.

May 11th, 2016
Mrs.
I first say Dr. Loeb several years back for rotator cuff surgery & reattachment of my upper rt. arm tendon. He is a serious man who lives, eats. and breathes to help his patients. Every patient I talked to and the rehab people he referred me to all say he's an excellent physician. They all say he needs to smile more! I mentioned this to him in a visit and he said he just thinks that his patients come first with him and I still told him to smile more. He's very competent, as is all his staff. To say he or his staff are rude is just plain wrong. You should see the people they have to deal with on a daily basis. They have been unfailingly polite to everyone, no matter how rude the staff are treated. He is a very busy man and yes, sometimes you have to wait while he may take the extra time needed with the previous patient, but I would expect him to do the same for me. The other orthopedic facilities in Tallahassee are also in this predicament. So many patients, so little time. I am speaking from experience. I have and will continue to use him. He is excellent...but he does not smile enough...he's just very serious about his work, giving the best care he possible can.

March 31st, 2016
An excellent surgeon
When I first went to Dr. Loeb five years ago, he was highly recommended as an orthopedic surgeon. My primary care doctor warned me that Loeb's bedside manner was not great. However, I had a talk with him about that; he listened; and we now have a very good relationship. He has replaced both of my hips and the second operation using the anterior approach, made both leg lengths even. I am so pleased! I would trust him with any orthopedic need.

March 25th, 2016
Best physician in Tallahassee

January 19th, 2016
I went to see this doctor many years ago and stumbled on all the bad reviews. I thought it was just me. Nice to see other people felt the same way, arrogant bleep is all I have to say! I wouldn't let him touch me with a 10 foot pole, run, don't walk!

January 15th, 2016
Health care in Tallahassee is the worst
I am livid after a visit with this incompetent practitioner. I come to see you for an issue and you can't even tell me what is best that I do you're going to insinuate that I have not been doing what I was supposed to do. This idiot barely even took a look at my xrays and went by the diagnosis of another practitioner that wasn't even a doctor. I will never return again. Tallahassee is the worst place to get health care all they want to do is take your money I pay a $40 copay to be insulted by a doctor not even given any care.

November 7th, 2015
Nightmares from Childhood Revisited/Horror in the Office!
I have been fighting my weight for over 50 years. As I child I was taken from one doctor to the next in an attempt to "cure" my obesity. Finally, in 1999 I had gastric bypass, what was to be a dream come true. What was discovered as I walked to keep my weight under control, I have severe osteoarthritis in both knees, no cartilage. When I came to Dr Loeb, I was presented with severe arthritis in my shoulders, as now I have to use a walker with wheels. I have been through therapy, but it was all to no avail. Now, when I had lost 150 lbs, they said I was too young to have my knees done. I have gained back 50, after having rough years of gaining weight, but managed to loose much and get closer to my lowest, weight the less than I did when I got married.The point is, we didn't talk about my joints, except to say that while they would need to be replaced, I am too fat to operate on, because it's a risk to put me under. Now if it was said matter of fact, that he wasn't comfortable working with someone my size, I would respect that. What I DIDN'T appreciate was his constant discussion like I'm the fattest person that ever lived. He would pick up my arms, grab the sagging skin and fat an shake it. When he looked at my knees, he said, "Well they're not bad; they're skinny, not like..." then he patted my stomach. Right where the grapefruit sized scar from the botched bypass surgery was performed. He just went on and on about what a health disaster I am, like the biggest pig in Tallahassee. I shave my hair VERY short, for ease of care at my advanced age, but he had to make some remark like I'm so fat my hair has fallen out! I felt devistated. How long do I have to wait to just be treated like a person, not a big blob of fat. I would never let him "fix me" as he puts it. I choose pain for the moment. I hate that Florida doesn't like to treat people with chronic pain, but if you try to do something about it to improve, you get shot down by the body image police! Grrr!

September 5th, 2015
Do not recommend
The best word to describe this man is odious. I have never met anyone quite as obnoxious as he.