inactive

Peter H Lu MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

September 1st, 2016
Allison is awesome and it's a good thing because the doctor, not so much. He has no bedside manner at all. When my daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at a young age, he was not very sympathetic. She was actually afraid of him. As she has grown older it seems that she never sees Dr. Lu but is always pushed to the physician assistant. She was referred to the nutritionist on two occasions but they called to cancel the appointment almost at the last minute. This was supposed to be important since she was having a difficult time stabilizing her A1C levels. They said they would reschedule her at a later time but never did. I think the practice is too large to give you quality help. It would be helpful all the way around if the doctor would seem that he is interested in his patients. If you are looking for a kind and supportive doctor to help you through, I would not recommend this doctor. There are others who have got to be more caring. After almost 6 years with this doctor, he doesn't even know who we are:(

February 26th, 2016
Completely Disappointed
My experience with this practice is completely disappointing and disheartening! I am unemployed and a nurse (not the doctor) recommended that take part in a Patient Assistance Program with Novo Nordisk. I applied and was approved. I received one shipment of a four month supply of medication. I called the office after the time that another shipment was supposed to have been received and the head nurse said that I had to come in for an office visit first (it was a requirement of the program). I informed her that I was taking participating in the program because I was unemployed and had no financial means of any medical testing or treatments outside of the program. She again stated that this was required to participate in the program. I asked for the contact number for Novo Nordisk and she said she did not have that information. I reminded her that she had just read comments from a letter they received from the program and that she was not telling me the truth concerning having the information that I was requesting. She then gave me the number and hung up. I called the program, informed them of the conversation and they said the only thing they require is for the practice to send another prescription. Therefore, the head nurse blatantly lied. I then called the office and spoke with the nurse again and informed her of the conversation I had with the Novo Nordisk representative. The nurse then said they will not write another prescription! I made the comment that it appeared they were more concerned with me coming in for a visit, inquiring more debt (because of being uninsured and unemployed) than me dying due to diabetic complications due to the lack of proper medication… and she said did not respond! They are seemingly uncaring and uncompassionate to patients that were loyal to the practice. I am severely disappointed and disheartened by the lack of truth and care that I’ve experienced with them…

November 6th, 2015
Good diabetes doctor
He is the doctor to go to for diabetes problems. You have your diabetes managed finally when you go to Dr. Lu! Extremely helpful with advice and references and answering my phone calls every time. My sugar went from 500 to stable 115 with Dr. Lu's help.

September 14th, 2015
Surprised he has a license to practice medicine
I saw Dr. Lu for hypothyroidism and PCOS (which is an endocrine problem). He was completely uninterested in treating the PCOS, asked if another doctor would handle it, offered no treatment options, and avoided answering direct questions. He was equally incompetent with respect to treatment options for the hypothyroidism. Oh, my appointment was at 2:30 - he walked into the room at 3:50...

February 9th, 2015
Very curt, not very friendly

March 13th, 2014
holy smokes.... without a doubt the WORST Dr Ive ever seen for my diabetes and thyroid problems. Totally irrelevant questions and no knowledge of the diabetic pump I was on. He must've asked me three times if I eat an apple a day. seriously?!

September 16th, 2009
Very Straightforward
I have seen Dr. Lu on two occassions. He is very knowledgable and very persistent. His manner is straightforward and will tell you the good and the bad in an understandable mananer. His assistant Allison is awesome!